Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor Live at The Green Hotel Kinross Scotland March 10th 2012
Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: March 20, 2012 00:16

Fuman2
I was wondering, is that Mick's 2003 Les Paul with a newly added Bigsby, or is it a new guitar?

Presumably it's something like this one: [www.area59.jp]

He has played the Johnson guitar before, but not used it consistently since.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 20, 2012 01:27

hot stuff
Thanks...I would LOVE to see him if he only come the the States!!

I would really love it if he return to the Stones with Woodie and Bill all on the same stage.
You do know about the Iridium shows, right?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 21, 2012 01:27

Stoneage
Tonstone
Stoneage
I'm sorry but this is just boring. Seems like Taylor is stuck in time. In 1963 this might have been fresh and inspiring, not so in 2012. And there are thousands of amateur pub blues bands that can play just as boring and somnolent as this.

So it's boring, because it's the year 2012 ? and Mick Taylor plays your local,Please tell me what floats your boat? This is a Stones and related board and you casually dismiss him as one of thousands.I never said this was a performance to Change the world but If MT came by my Local on a Saturday night I would not pass up the chance to see him.You must be spoilt by Inspiring Bands, STONEAGED ? OH sorry it's stoneage in the year 2012? hardly inspiring.

Just a personal opinion, Tonstone. Don't take it so hard. I'm not refering to the technitality of his guitarplaying but the whole concept. And no, I would't pay to go and see him if he came by my local pub. But I would love to see him back in The Rolling Stones even if it was just for one concert.

Hey not taking hard at all, can't help thinking your contradicting yourself, I went along because a Stones guitarist was playing local in Scotland. we are a small Country and respect anyone who comes our way - and when MT is playing well you gotta move. I respect your comments and each person is intitled to their opinion.I loved the evening with an average blues guitarist,and the concept that I could go and see an evening of the blues in a small intimate venue, well I would do that every weekend if possible, even if was only Mick Taylor!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 21, 2012 01:45

It's alright, Tonstone. Considering the trouble you went through to film and publish the clip I really shouldn't have commented at all. Sometimes talking is silver and not talking gold...

Date: March 21, 2012 09:03

Stoneage
It's alright, Tonstone. Considering the trouble you went through to film and publish the clip I really shouldn't have commented at all. Sometimes talking is silver and not talking gold...

Stonage I understand no hard feelings at all,[Maybe I should have got of my high horse too] it's healthy to voice an opinion that's what makes a board interesting. so keep on posting and take care!!smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 21, 2012 10:56

So please, why don't you make a dvd out of all the videos of the show and share it hear or post all the videos and we will make it?
It would be very kind of your part.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 21, 2012 13:04

I saw Little Mick play in Fareham 1992 to 750 people sold out.

In 2003 he played the Brook pub in Southampton to about 70 people and the place wasn't even half full.

I just wish he was popular enough to sell out Rhythm Kings sized venues in the UK.

Date: March 21, 2012 18:35

Quique-stone
So please, why don't you make a dvd out of all the videos of the show and share it hear or post all the videos and we will make it?

I was going to post them up - went to upload them on youtube but it ws going to take something stupid like 3 - 4 hours for a video approx 10 mins - either I am doing something wrong or youtube is playing up,it's relatively new to me so I guess it must be something I am doing/or not doing.- I used a Flipcam HD to record and then downloaded them to my pc were they appear as mp4 files. So any help or tips appreciated.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 21, 2012 21:09

it doesn't get better, seeing great musicians in venues like that...

thanks for posting

I hope I get the chance to see Mick Taylor

Date: March 22, 2012 00:34

duke richardson

thanks for posting

Duke appreciate your comments - I have some wonderful footage Which will stay with me forever. I just went to see a Stones Guitar Player fluent in his craft, playing in my local area.It was a great way to spend a Saturday Night.And pay respect to someone who influenced.Sticky Fingers - Exile On Main Street - Goats Head Soup.[The most underated Album in the Stones Catalogue].The Best £25 I ever spent.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: March 22, 2012 07:38

Well if Taylor could actually be bothered to put out the odd recording he may get bigger crowds.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 22, 2012 14:30

Tonstone
Quique-stone

I was going to post them up - went to upload them on youtube but it ws going to take something stupid like 3 - 4 hours for a video approx 10 mins - either I am doing something wrong or youtube is playing up,it's relatively new to me so I guess it must be something I am doing/or not doing.- I used a Flipcam HD to record and then downloaded them to my pc were they appear as mp4 files. So any help or tips appreciated.

Thanks for answering Tonstone!
I'm not an expert myself, but mp4 files seems to be alright and we can make a dvd from them. Maybe you can upload all those files here and someone of us will make a dvd, create a cover art, etc. It would be great!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 22, 2012 14:45

Tonstone
duke richardson

thanks for posting

Duke appreciate your comments - I have some wonderful footage Which will stay with me forever. I just went to see a Stones Guitar Player fluent in his craft, playing in my local area.It was a great way to spend a Saturday Night.And pay respect to someone who influenced.Sticky Fingers - Exile On Main Street - Goats Head Soup.[The most underated Album in the Stones Catalogue].The Best £25 I ever spent.

yeah some more on youtube would be great, if you feel like it!

thanks

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 22, 2012 15:50

The GR
I saw Little Mick play in Fareham 1992 to 750 people sold out.

In 2003 he played the Brook pub in Southampton to about 70 people and the place wasn't even half full.

I just wish he was popular enough to sell out Rhythm Kings sized venues in the UK.

Why doesn't he join the Rhythm Kings? Do he and Bill get along?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: March 22, 2012 23:10

m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-22 23:18 by Tonstone.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: March 23, 2012 00:31

Thanks for posting. I'm seeing him in NYC next month at the Iridium Jazz Club. I'm very psyched.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: March 23, 2012 01:01

MT is playing 6 nights in NYC at the Iridium club, and i'll be there May 12spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Re: Mick Taylor Live at The Green Hotel Kinross Scotland March 10th 2012 NEW VIDEO ADDED 'No Expectations'
Date: March 28, 2012 01:31

fOR those who requested here is another clip from MT'S Scottish gig last earlier this month - sorry about the Horizontal footage but will clear that and correct it when I post next time

Posted by: laugui ()
Date: March 28, 2012 01:35

thankx or that new expextation
please add more
i sa mick play that song at th new morning in july 2010
he was beginning to be ill and was exhausted
i wonder what brand is the guitar
it looks like a japanese strat copy

Re: Mick Taylor Live at The Green Hotel Kinross Scotland March 10th 2012 New Video Added 'NO EXPECTATIONS'
Posted by: rangerdave ()
Date: March 28, 2012 02:14

The Green Hotel is indeed a great venue to see anybody.. I myself played there last October, and was told a story about Mick Taylor's previous visit to the venue:
He arrived and was shown to his room, but returned a few minutes later, looking puzzled. 'I just opened my suitcase, and it's empty!' MT had neglected to pack any clothes!
The guitar great was then taken into town on a tour of charity shops searching for suitable clothes for his stay in Scotland...

Re: Mick Taylor Live at The Green Hotel Kinross Scotland March 10th 2012 New Video Added 'NO EXPECTATIONS'
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 28, 2012 02:16

I first heard a version of NoEx by Taylor while I sat in a bar with fuman at a place called 19 Broadway in Marin County (north of SF) in August '01. We were listening to a sound check when he broke into that rhythm. Our heads spun around to when we realized what song it was. I think Mick debuted his version later that week in LA as I recall. He's worked on it for years and has come up with a perfectly valid interpretation. I rather like it. I would not mind hearing that version in a different context, if you know what I mean.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: March 28, 2012 02:40

Quique-stone
Tonstone
Quique-stone

Thanks for answering Tonstone!
I'm not an expert myself, but mp4 files seems to be alright and we can make a dvd from them. Maybe you can upload all those files here and someone of us will make a dvd, create a cover art, etc. It would be great!

Man i would LOVE to see this!!!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 28, 2012 02:46

rangerdave
The Green Hotel is indeed a great venue to see anybody.. I myself played there last October, and was told a story about Mick Taylor's previous visit to the venue:
He arrived and was shown to his room, but returned a few minutes later, looking puzzled. 'I just opened my suitcase, and it's empty!' MT had neglected to pack any clothes!
The guitar great was then taken into town on a tour of charity shops searching for suitable clothes for his stay in Scotland...

CHARITY SHOPS? Now THAT will sooner or later have Lightnin' on his/her feet...

Re: Mick Taylor Live at The Green Hotel Kinross Scotland March 10th 2012 NEW VIDEO ADDED 'No Expectations'
Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: March 28, 2012 05:23

Tonstone
fOR those who requested here is another clip from MT'S Scottish gig last earlier this month - sorry about the Horizontal footage but will clear that and correct it when I post next time

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tneok9-auVA

Thanks so much! Great to hear and see!

Seems to be the only song in his set on which he is content to play only rhythm--though I like it when he plays lead as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-28 05:23 by smokeydusky.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: March 28, 2012 08:19

Thanks a lot for this one!
I've always liked Mick's version of No Expectations, his "favourite RS song even though [he's] not on it".
CrazyMama

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 28, 2012 13:35

I'm not fond of Taylor's interpretation which seems to drag on till the end in a rather monotone way. I miss the melancholy and nostalgia of the live version from 1973 which I consider the best one. Both guitarists playing together fantastically.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 28, 2012 13:58

^ Crap solo's.

Date: March 28, 2012 14:00

Nothing beats this version, imo.

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: March 28, 2012 14:20

Stoneage
I'm sorry but this is just boring. Seems like Taylor is stuck in time. In 1963 this might have been fresh and inspiring, not so in 2012. And there are thousands of amateur pub blues bands that can play just as boring and somnolent as this.

If you don't like Taylor it's your opinion, but please do not be
so unfriendly with so many guys here who have respect for him.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 28, 2012 19:49

I am not sure what happened to Taylor's slide solo on the song. When did that get dropped? And why? He has done beautiful performances of that song.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2237
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home