Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Taylor Live at The Green Hotel Kinross Scotland March 10th 2012 New Video Added 'NO EXPECTATIONS'
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 17, 2012 15:45

The Venue

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-28 01:34 by Tonstone.

Re: Mick Taylor Live at The Green Hotel Kinross Scotland March 10th 2012
Date: March 17, 2012 15:47

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 17, 2012 15:58

Great!
Thanks Tonstone!

Are you the taper? Can you tell us the tracklist of that night and share some more stuff? Videos, pics or audio, anything?

Date: March 18, 2012 00:58

Quique-stone
Great!
Thanks Tonstone!

Are you the taper? Can you tell us the tracklist of that night and share some more stuff? Videos, pics or audio, anything?

Yep I recorded on HD Flip Cam, great intimate show - encore was No Expectations- but I guess there is not a lot of interest on this board for me to post anymore, but for those of interest he also played - Stop Breaking Down - Blind Willie McTell/All Along The Watchtower[with Layla riffs] - You Gotta Move - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - No Expectations. All on Film.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-11 23:48 by Tonstone.

Date: March 18, 2012 01:22

Yep it's a shame more people don't respond - perhaps audio of Glasgow 1971 Farewell Tour with Mick Taylor would be more supportive, we will never know.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 01:26

Its a shame the way people dismiss Taylor here, at least he is still out there performing. I cant get enough of his boots and videos. I live in Australia, he never comes here and I may never get to see him again, the last time was in 82 with Mayall, if he toured here I would be at every gig.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-18 01:28 by lapaz62.

Date: March 18, 2012 01:43

lapaz62
Its a shame the way people dismiss Taylor here, at least he is still out there performing. I cant get enough of his boots and videos. I live in Australia, he never comes here and I may never get to see him again, the last time was in 82 with Mayall, if he toured here I would be at every gig.

Lapaz62 you are so right. I saw him play in what was virtually a small room and it was fantastic [well at least for me] here is the guitarist that spawned the greatest Stones commitment to record] and I saw him play without field binoculars - it was heaven, and I respect that people like you would give an arm an a leg to see what I saw and heard.Hey it was that good can I rub salt in? - going to see Him in Glasgow in April......

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 18, 2012 01:57

I(for one) would really like to hear this gig...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:01

Still waiting for a setlist!! Its amazing (and sad in a way) when these guys are just playing places that hold about 50 people. I agree about giving Taylor credit. He doesn't have to do this, and as long as he's healthy and playing great guitar, I'd love to see him doing anything onstage. Really hoping these New York shows get announced soon.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:30

I'm sorry but this is just boring. Seems like Taylor is stuck in time. In 1963 this might have been fresh and inspiring, not so in 2012. And there are thousands of amateur pub blues bands that can play just as boring and somnolent as this.

Date: March 18, 2012 02:44

I live in Argentina and I Am a big Taylor fan!

What a pain you don't feel the will to post more stuff. I would love to hav ethe chance to see him playing live at least once. I had the chance 2 years ago, but he cancelled his Southamerican tour. So it would be great to have this show in a dvd Tonstone, sounds really intimate and good to me!

Date: March 18, 2012 02:45

You are lucky for having the chance to see him in Glasgow again!
Enjoy the gig!
thumbs up

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:57

I agree with Stoneage in a way, Taylor could be more contemporary and update his set list, so much more he could do than stick to the same old tired tunes. He was after all a great rock guitarist as well and does not need the old blues numbers. Having said that, I would still give my left nut to see him play again.

Date: March 18, 2012 04:31

Taylor was here in '90 (I met him, had photo's taken) and he was here in '95, the same time the Stones were here! Cheers!

Date: March 18, 2012 04:36

lapaz62

Taylor was here in '90 (I met him, had photo's taken) and he was here in '95, the same time the Stones were here! Cheers!

Date: March 18, 2012 04:41

Stoneage
I'm sorry but this is just boring. Seems like Taylor is stuck in time. In 1963 this might have been fresh and inspiring, not so in 2012. And there are thousands of amateur pub blues bands that can play just as boring and somnolent as this.

So it's boring, because it's the year 2012 ? and Mick Taylor plays your local,Please tell me what floats your boat? This is a Stones and related board and you casually dismiss him as one of thousands.I never said this was a performance to Change the world but If MT came by my Local on a Saturday night I would not pass up the chance to see him.You must be spoilt by Inspiring Bands, STONEAGED ? OH sorry it's stoneage in the year 2012? hardly inspiring.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 18, 2012 07:38

I would love to see them all but especially Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: March 18, 2012 09:58

Saw Mick play with Ben Waters in Dortmund in January - great show, lots of fun...I also posted some of my photos here on the board...
[www.iorr.org]

so, if you can, please post your recordings of Mick in Scotland! There are lots of fans around here who still enjoy his music - well, we're all dinosaurs in a way, aren't we? ...and those who aren't might want to listen to will.i.am instead...
Best wishes
CrazyMama

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 18, 2012 10:42

Really hope to see him soon in Holland.
Saw him some years ago in Tiel, and in Amsterdam, with Chuck Berry and Bill.
Great great, not boring at all.
Please Mick, play some gigs in Holland, or next year with The Stones,
Jeroen

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 10:54

I would also love to see more footage and would also donate my left or right nut to get him back to Australia. I love blues, this is not boring to me. MJ played some blues at the Whitehouse, KR played blues at the Sumlin gig, MT plays some blues too...what's the problem with that? His singing voice impressed me too after the 1st verse, sounds a million miles away from that gravelly boozer's voice from the Exile doco...I absolutely love his playing. Inspired me to play guitar, and I have copped alot of licks from him. Except I'm pretty ordinary and he's superb!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2012 15:16

I'm sorry but this is just boring. Seems like Taylor is stuck in time. In 1963 this might have been fresh and inspiring, not so in 2012. And there are thousands of amateur pub blues bands that can play just as boring and somnolent as this. <Stoneage>

Ive heard a 10000000 guitarists playing slide/blues, and lots of them are great, but it requires a subtle ear to notice the difference:

Taylor sounds like velvet to me here..

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 18, 2012 17:35

I have been critical of Taylor's recent playing, but this sounds very well.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2012 20:30

Tonstone
Stoneage

So it's boring, because it's the year 2012 ? and Mick Taylor plays your local,Please tell me what floats your boat? This is a Stones and related board and you casually dismiss him as one of thousands.I never said this was a performance to Change the world but If MT came by my Local on a Saturday night I would not pass up the chance to see him.You must be spoilt by Inspiring Bands, STONEAGED ? OH sorry it's stoneage in the year 2012? hardly inspiring.

Just a personal opinion, Tonstone. Don't take it so hard. I'm not refering to the technitality of his guitarplaying but the whole concept. And no, I would't pay to go and see him if he came by my local pub. But I would love to see him back in The Rolling Stones even if it was just for one concert.

Date: March 18, 2012 21:02

Stoneage
Tonstone
Stoneage

Just a personal opinion, Tonstone. Don't take it so hard. I'm not refering to the technitality of his guitarplaying but the whole concept. And no, I would't pay to go and see him if he came by my local pub. But I would love to see him back in The Rolling Stones even if it was just for one concert.
I think its a very understandable opinion. Outside of the Stones, he's not the "rock n roller" type that that band had him play. He's very different on his own and I think, even with the Stones, you weren't ever going to see him. You wanted the music, and the show and everything else.

Personally, yeah, Taylor isn't my cup of tea in terms of musical taste. But I would go just to support him and potentially meet him and tell him how much I love his guitar playing. On a whole, at this point, he's not that much different from other slide guitarists. It is sort of boring. But he's still Mick Taylor and I have fond memories of the music I know him from. If he doesn't play it, eh, not the biggest deal in the world. I know what I'm getting into paying to see him. But I think even in terms of if Keith Richards played bluesy stuff or the same type that Taylor plays now, and he had a small fanbase, and he didn't play many Stones songs, and he's nothing extraordinary on guitar, I would still pay to see him were he playing the same places as Taylor. I think its more about how these guys have a legend behind them and at this point, why not pay to be in the room with one of the guys you admire that rarely plays shows anywhere, or at least outside of Europe. I think its more of a "relax and watch a guy you've loved play guitar 10 feet away from you, no matter what it is" as opposed to the Stones where

Date: March 18, 2012 21:03

Stoneage
Tonstone
Stoneage

I think its a very understandable opinion. Outside of the Stones, he's not the "rock n roller" type that that band had him play. He's very different on his own and I think, even with the Stones, you weren't ever going to see him. You wanted the music, and the show and everything else.

Personally, yeah, Taylor isn't my cup of tea in terms of musical taste. But I would go just to support him and potentially meet him and tell him how much I love his guitar playing. On a whole, at this point, he's not that much different from other slide guitarists. It is sort of boring. But he's still Mick Taylor and I have fond memories of the music I know him from. If he doesn't play it, eh, not the biggest deal in the world. I know what I'm getting into paying to see him. But I think even in terms of if Keith Richards played bluesy stuff or the same type that Taylor plays now, and he had a small fanbase, and he didn't play many Stones songs, and he's nothing extraordinary on guitar, I would still pay to see him were he playing the same places as Taylor. I think its more about how these guys have a legend behind them and at this point, why not pay to be in the room with one of the guys you admire that rarely plays shows anywhere, or at least outside of Europe. I think its more of a "relax and watch a guy you've loved play guitar 10 feet away from you, no matter what it is" as opposed to the Stones where you want the show and the hits and the energy, etc.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: March 19, 2012 07:53

Tonstone
Yep I recorded on HD Flip Cam, great intimate show - encore was No Expectations- but I guess there is not a lot of interest on this board for me to post anymore, but for those of interest he also played - Stop Breaking Down - Blind Willie McTell/All Along The Watchtower[with Layla riffs] - You Gotta Move - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - No Expectations. All on Film.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-11 23:48 by Tonstone.

Thanks for the video!
Great stuff!!
Would appreciate anything else you could post from the show!

Posted by: laugui ()
Date: March 19, 2012 17:29

hi
thanks for the video
please add more
the bigsby les paul is back

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 17:47

laugui
hi
thanks for the video
please add more
the bigsby les paul is back

I was wondering, is that Mick's 2003 Les Paul with a newly added Bigsby, or is it a new guitar?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 19, 2012 18:27

Thanks...I would LOVE to see him if he only come the the States!!

I would really love it if he return to the Stones with Woodie and Bill all on the same stage.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 19, 2012 22:59

Thanks for posting Tonstone. Looks like a very small and intimate venue. You must have had a great time.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home