Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Rolling Stone: Keith Apologies to Mick
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 23, 2012 23:58

there are actually more crazier people than me! Like DandelionPowderman, Gazza and Rockman,

Hey!! Hey!! easy easy!!... don't throw me in the same cage as
those two freaks...................I'm a serious man, I got serious lusts ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 23, 2012 23:58

proudmary

As a final stab, 40 years later, Richards adds: “[Marianne] had no fun with [Mick’s] tiny todger. I know he’s got an enormous pair of balls — but it doesn’t quite fill the gap.”

What can I say? Classy act, indeed

Maybe someone will give keef a ruler and send him over to Iggy Pop's house.

I'm sure he needs more material for the sequel to LIFE.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 25, 2012 00:11

My take on 'Life'...

1. No one - no woman, and not Keith - has ever gotten the upper hand with Mick. He is genuinely aloof, unreachable, untouchable, invulnerable, and private. He is the living embodiment of cool. His star has just gotten higher and shone brighter through the years, as he maintained his health, his fitness, his legendary voice, his appeal to women, his wealth, his status...anything you can think of.

Whereas Keith is just an ongoing train wreck; years of drug addiction and alcoholism with his disreputable pals, trouble with the law, various health issues and accidents, his once-envied looks deserting him decades ago. So it's no wonder he feels one down vis-à-vis Mick, especially as Mick is too busy and arrogant to hide his contempt for his once equal old pal; eg, continually telling Keith to shut his mouth during meetings, in front of colleagues and underlings. How better to resolve this sense of inferiority and hurt feelings than by these outrageous and unanswerable personal attacks on Mick?

2. Marianne said that the editor of 'Life' had been gunning for Mick for decades, and had been trying to get others, presumably including her, to stick the boot in, specifically about Mick's sexual prowess. And with Keith, he finally hit the jackpot.

Date: March 25, 2012 01:11

Rockman
there are actually more crazier people than me! Like DandelionPowderman, Gazza and Rockman,

Hey!! Hey!! easy easy!!... don't throw me in the same cage as
those two freaks...................I'm a serious man, I got serious lusts ...

thumbs up

Date: March 25, 2012 01:13

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
filstan
While I don't want to imply this applies to all posters here,there are many people with opinions who seem to suggest they were not only present at the time, but were actual friends with the guys in the band.....WTF? Always easy I guess to recreate history based on personal agendas and dislike for certain band members.

I don't think many on this board know band members personally. However, there are lots of members here with profound knowledge (beyond comprehension, really) about the Stones.

Here in Norway, I'm considered a Stones-freak, but I don't know half of what some people here do.

Damn, for years I thought I was the biggest Rolling Stones fan in the world - that nobady is so crazy for the band as I do! I was almost ashamed for that.... But then, years after, I discovered the new world of internet, and I discovered that I am not actually so crazy at all - there are actually more crazier people than me! Like DandelionPowderman, Gazza and Rockman, and ALL the rest of you ...I love you all!smiling smiley Damn, I love to have people like you; I love sharing thoughts with you! smileys with beer

- Doxa

Likewise, Doxa. Totally! smileys with beer

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 25, 2012 03:03

keith is brilliant guitar player and a songwriter but he never be in the same class as mick,mick never puts keith down but keith always has to put mick down,keith is getting old and very very grumpy,only thing he can do is talk and write about people who are better than him. Where there is no rock there is no roll,he should be talking with his GUITAR like he use to do but he can't do that anymore.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 25, 2012 21:28

The world's greatest rock band deserves a better epitaph than playground snickering

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2012 01:54

proudmary
The world's greatest rock band deserves a better epitaph than playground snickering

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Nice picture the article has:

Anyway, the article - which no way is the most delicated piece of journalism in the first place - has an inconsistency. It says:

There is something unspeakably ­inappropriate about two 68-year-old grandfathers arguing about the size of a penis.
Frankly, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger make me embarrassed to be a Rolling Stones fan. I blush hotly for the pair of them.

And then all it does is to reflect Keith's doings and sayings. Because Richards acts childishly (talks about the size of Jagger's member), Mick Jagger makes the writer embarrassed? What has Mick done or said actively in this "todgergate"? That's bloody unfair to blame him!

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-26 02:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 26, 2012 02:47

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
filstan
While I don't want to imply this applies to all posters here,there are many people with opinions who seem to suggest they were not only present at the time, but were actual friends with the guys in the band.....WTF? Always easy I guess to recreate history based on personal agendas and dislike for certain band members.

I don't think many on this board know band members personally. However, there are lots of members here with profound knowledge (beyond comprehension, really) about the Stones.

Here in Norway, I'm considered a Stones-freak, but I don't know half of what some people here do.

Damn, for years I thought I was the biggest Rolling Stones fan in the world - that nobady is so crazy for the band as I do! I was almost ashamed for that.... But then, years after, I discovered the new world of internet, and I discovered that I am not actually so crazy at all - there are actually more crazier people than me! Like DandelionPowderman, Gazza and Rockman, and ALL the rest of you ...I love you all!smiling smiley Damn, I love to have people like you; I love sharing thoughts with you! smileys with beer

- Doxa

Likewise, Doxa. Totally! smileys with beer

All right, all you crazy guys, you are the best!

Mr. Powderman, after seeing in person how you excelled at the trivia contest at the Life book party, methinks you are too modest! Don't change though, I like that quality in a wizard.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: March 29, 2012 18:05

Iam with Limbostone who said early in this thread that he does not really apologies, he only regrets that Mick got offended. Too often in the last year keith said things like it was necassary to write this book the way he did because it "balanced out" things, or that it was only the truth, and so on. Not only in the time of promoting the book, also in recent interviews, so it is hard to imagine, that he feels sorry for the things he said.
Some here said that Keith praised Mick alot in the book for being a great frontman, but I think a main problem is that he belittles Mick as a songwriter. I think that is Keith´s main "crime". That he always puts himself above Mick, nearly in every aspect. That just shows how little Keith must feel, that he puts so much effort in bashing Mick.

Date: March 29, 2012 18:39

elunsi
Iam with Limbostone who said early in this thread that he does not really apologies, he only regrets that Mick got offended. Too often in the last year keith said things like it was necassary to write this book the way he did because it "balanced out" things, or that it was only the truth, and so on. Not only in the time of promoting the book, also in recent interviews, so it is hard to imagine, that he feels sorry for the things he said.
Some here said that Keith praised Mick alot in the book for being a great frontman, but I think a main problem is that he belittles Mick as a songwriter. I think that is Keith´s main "crime". That he always puts himself above Mick, nearly in every aspect. That just shows how little Keith must feel, that he puts so much effort in bashing Mick.

It´s not as black and white as that, imo. He also says many great things about Mick as a songwriter. It´s the disco songs he sort of laughs about a bit.

A bit harsh perhaps, but there is no belittling, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-29 18:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 29, 2012 18:48

He does it by saying that he, Keith, wrote 95% of all songs.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: March 29, 2012 18:59

Doxa
proudmary

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Anyway, the article - which no way is the most delicated piece of journalism in the first place - has an inconsistency. It says:

There is something unspeakably ­inappropriate about two 68-year-old grandfathers arguing about the size of a penis.
Frankly, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger make me embarrassed to be a Rolling Stones fan. I blush hotly for the pair of them.

And then all it does is to reflect Keith's doings and sayings. Because Richards acts childishly (talks about the size of Jagger's member), Mick Jagger makes the writer embarrassed? What has Mick done or said actively in this "todgergate"? That's bloody unfair to blame him!

- Doxa

Presumably, he's embarrassed that Mick is so sensitive about his freaking todger that it is even an issue. Especially since in all of the live footage from the 1970s, Mick's pants leave nothing to the imagination about his todger in the first place. If I were almost 70 years old, I can't imagine the size of my todger would be one of my top concerns in life.

BTW, why is mick so short in that pic?

Date: March 29, 2012 19:04

tkl7
Doxa
proudmary

[www.mirror.co.uk]

- Doxa

Presumably, he's embarrassed that Mick is so sensitive about his freaking todger that it is even an issue. Especially since in all of the live footage from the 1970s, Mick's pants leave nothing to the imagination about his todger in the first place. If I were almost 70 years old, I can't imagine the size of my todger would be one of my top concerns in life.

How do we know that Mick is sensitive about it? He never talked about it. Maybe there are other things in that book that matter more to Mick.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: March 29, 2012 19:10

elunsi
tkl7
Doxa
proudmary

[www.mirror.co.uk]

- Doxa

How do we know that Mick is sensitive about it? He never talked about it. Maybe there are other things in that book that matter more to Mick.

read the article that was linked to.

Date: March 29, 2012 21:12

Ok, I read it, but I did not see any proof that this is Mick´s main issue with the book. Instead of it, I read once again the old myth, that Keith has the music and Mick has the lyrics.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: March 29, 2012 21:16

elunsi
tkl7
Doxa
proudmary

[www.mirror.co.uk]

- Doxa

You are exactly right! Mick has never mentioned it. I really doubt he gives a hoot what Keith says about his privates, but the other comments, especially how Keith wrote everything, I can imagine him being pissed and hurt about. The world according to Keith....what a bunch of bs!

I wish Mick would write his own book, or find some other way to get the record straight.

Date: March 29, 2012 22:30

elunsi
He does it by saying that he, Keith, wrote 95% of all songs.

Which page?

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: March 30, 2012 01:16

While Mick has never made any todger comments publicly, you can't forget that the two of them have known each other well since they were teenagers. During the early years Keith could have become aware of some sensitivy in this area on Mick's part (play on words intended) and still bug him about it to this day.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: March 30, 2012 15:31

downagain
While Mick has never made any todger comments publicly, you can't forget that the two of them have known each other well since they were teenagers. During the early years Keith could have become aware of some sensitivy in this area on Mick's part (play on words intended) and still bug him about it to this day.

But I don't think it bugs Mick much. I'm amazed how this comment in the book has been named as the catalyst to their relationship. I think Mick could laugh it off easily but it's Keith tone in the book, his need to put down others, that is hard to take.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 16:58

elunsi
Ok, I read it, but I did not see any proof that this is Mick´s main issue with the book. Instead of it, I read once again the old myth, that Keith has the music and Mick has the lyrics.

It's been a while since I read Life so I don't recall Keith's exact comments about the song-writing process there. But Keith has acknowledged publicly in many interviews that while some songs are his music and Mick's words, and Keith never in those interviews negated the fact that many great songs were all or mostly Mick's, including the music. Maybe people are misinterpreting Keith's description of how the songs that feature Mick's lyrics to Keith's music as describing how EVERYTHING gets written.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 30, 2012 18:40

Doxa, I think that Mick is to blame that all this became possible. For more than 20 years Richards pours mud on Jagger and pulls out the dirty laundry in the press. Mick did nothing to stop it - for what reasons I do not know. This allowed Richards to believe that he can say anything and get away with it. But last year we have not heard from him a single word about Jagger - it means that something made ??him realize that he had gone too far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-30 19:13 by proudmary.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 30, 2012 18:44

Regarding the over the top interest here in Mick's genitals many of you apparently believe anything you read... with the exception of course, of the completely brilliant Gazza and Rockman.

Speaking for the "common man and woman"...a petite homage to MJ:
"I got my eye on you baby 'cause you dance SO good."

Date: March 31, 2012 00:56

proudmary
downagain

Well, it's just nonsense. What "sensitivy on Mick's part" are you talking about? Jagger, as can be judged by his tight, leaves no place to imagination pants and relations with women has always been of a very high opinion of himself in this area. Being as Bebe Beull called him "the ringmaster of sexual romp" he loved strip naked in front of others(there is a similar story in J.Phelge's "Nankering with the RS")
Richards is another story. That's who has hypersensitivity to the subject. He clearly had problems with a sexual desire all his life.
When Brian already had children and the girls came to the Jagger, Richards slept with his guitar. Linda Keith wrote that he had some problems of which he was embarrassed. Anita complained that he never wanted to have sex. At the time when he had not yet started to create this myth of KR - the macho- pirate - the largest dick on the planet he said himself that he never was a great fvcker
All his life Richards was surrounded by men with a high libido. Please note that not only Mick, but B.Jones and Bill Wyman cause his resentment.
One of the most petty passages of the book when he describes how he watched Wyman who met with the girls in his room. Richards spent hours on it peeping through the keyhole while the other enjoyed himself. So pathetic...

I think Jerry Hall right when she says that Richards has a penis envy

Yes, it's telling that only the appalling Janice Dickinson had any complaints about Mick's equipment. There is certainly some sexual insecurity at play here; I recall that quote from Keith: 'I never was a big fvcker anyway'.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 31, 2012 02:20

northernale1
they look at comments by certain people and sit back and laugh

Give it a try, it is really so much fun

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 02:26

Hey Hansie.. I tried,, but there comes a time when enough is enough,,

and I have had about enough,,, stupid redundant posts by this poster have become, has been and Idiotic ,, along time ago

Date: March 31, 2012 09:53

Don't you just love how complete newcomers or people who barely post at all - make little or no contribution to the board - authorise themselves to attack longstanding, valuable contributors on IORR?

Date: March 31, 2012 14:26

stonesdan60
elunsi

It's been a while since I read Life so I don't recall Keith's exact comments about the song-writing process there. But Keith has acknowledged publicly in many interviews that while some songs are his music and Mick's words, and Keith never in those interviews negated the fact that many great songs were all or mostly Mick's, including the music. Maybe people are misinterpreting Keith's description of how the songs that feature Mick's lyrics to Keith's music as describing how EVERYTHING gets written.

timeisonourside.com is full of Keith-quotes with songs where he says that Mick wrote the most...

Yep, I think people misinterpret what Keith says in the book, no doubt.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 14:26

Hey Bliss,, I have been registered here along time do lots of reading and following, and usually very thick skinned,,,

but the constant rave about the same thing,(which no one knows if it means anything , other then in the certain posters mind) is no contribution whatsoever,,

one thing to say your point, im all for that,, but to constantly bash and bang that poor dead horse is a awful site

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 31, 2012 21:48

proudmary
You'd rater advice to your mother

Leave the mothers out of it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home