Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Mick and Rae Dawn Chong
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 04:51

Just reading on The Province newspaper website, a Vancouver newspaper, that Rae Dawn Chong has claimed that she slept with Mick in New York in 1977 when she was 15. I don't doubt her, just not sure why she waited 43 years to say it.
Don't know how to link the story but I'm sure it's on other websites, too.

Re: Mick and Rae Dawn Chong
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 3, 2020 04:57

Anyone ever listen to the song Stray Cat Blues? You can't do that on stage anymore.

jb

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 3, 2020 05:14

DGA35
Just reading on The Province newspaper website, a Vancouver newspaper, that Rae Dawn Chong has claimed that she slept with Mick in New York in 1977 when she was 15. I don't doubt her, just not sure why she waited 43 years to say it.

If it's true, good for him. RDC was hot when she was young.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 05:20 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 05:16

Already a thread for this. Its under Daily Mail Story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 05:17 by TumblinDice76.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 3, 2020 08:07

I assume they had an affair during the shooting of Mick's promo film "Running Out Of Luck" … Then she was in her early Twenties and extremely gorgeous ;-)

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 3, 2020 08:14

TornAndFried
DGA35

You mean it is Ok to bang a 15-year-old if she is pretty? Really?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 3, 2020 08:16

But we were so much younger then, we're older than that now. Bob kinda said that.

jb

Date: February 3, 2020 08:36

daniel t
TornAndFried
DGA35

You mean it is Ok to bang a 15-year-old if she is pretty? Really?

Sure, if it's consensual....which it was.

Actress Rae Dawn Chong has stated that she had a sexual relationship with Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger in 1977, when she was 15 years old and he was 33. The startling admission came via a series of interviews. While discussing her career with The Hollywood Reporter for an upcoming podcast, Chong was asked about her appearance in the music video for Jagger’s 1985 track “Just Another Night.” It was at that moment that the actress “accidentally blurted out” that she’d had sex with the rocker when she was 15. Chong later clarified her comments during an interview with The Daily Mail, making sure to note that the relationship was consensual and that Jagger did not know her age at the time.

“He never asked me how old I was and I never told him. It never came up,” the actress explained. “I remember thinking he was really cute. He had tousled hair. I thought, ‘Oh man, he is beautiful.’”

“He did nothing wrong. He didn’t make me do anything I didn’t want to do,” Chong noted, fully aware that her revelation may cause controversy. “It was the 1970s, a different era. I wasn’t a victim. I don’t want him to get into trouble about this. It wasn’t traumatizing. I knew what I was doing. I wasn’t an innocent schoolgirl. I always acted a lot older than I was. I was a grown-up at 15.”

Describing herself as “a Lolita,” Chong recalled the sexual tryst as a positive experience. “He had great lips, he was a great kisser,” the actress remembered. “He wasn't that much older than me in my brain. He was 33 and young and gorgeous with a nice body. It wasn't a bad thing, it was fabulous. Totally rock 'n' roll.”

According to Chong, the two had sex on two different occasions; first after she attended one of the Rolling Stones’ recording sessions, and later after watching a Fleetwood Mac concert alongside Jagger.

“It didn't traumatize me, it wasn't a #MeToo moment, it was something that empowered me, too,” Chong explained. “I knew I had the power to pick and choose whatever man I wanted. I was keen to have every experience I could. Mick was part of that.”

The actress admitted she felt “incredibly bad” about making their sexual history public. “It’s me and my big mouth. My family and friends knew about it but it’s not something I have ever dined out on.’

In a 1985 interview with People, Chong declared that her and Jagger "were never romantically or sexually involved.”

Jagger has not commented on Chong's recent revelations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 09:12 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 3, 2020 08:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 08:54 by nick.

Date: February 3, 2020 08:52

Ahhh no, the story she's giving is she did it when she was 15. Good try at back peddling that though.

Date: February 3, 2020 09:58

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 10:29

Makes me think of Rick Springfield's memoir with Linda Blair—decades later—having no regrets she'd been Springfield's girlfriend when she was 15. Didn't wish she'd been in purdah.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 3, 2020 10:58

Ironically, the encounter happened the same year (1977) that Roman Polanski was arrested and charged with drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl. He pleaded to a lesser charge and before being sentenced, he fled to Paris and is a fugitive in America to this day.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 11:40

She was at a Stones recording session. So was it Rae on Where The Boys All Go?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 3, 2020 11:42

bv has already closed down a thread about this.
[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 3, 2020 13:11

gross and inappropriate in this day and age with Me Too

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 3, 2020 13:43

Agreed, burn those Stones albums now! I hear they have politically incorrect lyrics, too! What bad people, they're not woke!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 3, 2020 14:25

TheGreek
gross and inappropriate in this day and age with Me Too

One basic mistake people make is judging the past thru the eyes of today.
Name one rock star from the 70's who did not use his superstar status to bed underage girls... I think Keith never did it. But Page or Plant? or the guys in the Who?

Date: February 3, 2020 15:06

She eat hot!!!

Date: February 3, 2020 15:08

If I remember right Mick said. How did I know she was 15. She looked 16. Oh. No wait that was cheech and Chong that said that !!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 3, 2020 15:54

Is she selling a book? If it wasn't a big deal to her friends etc why say anything?

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 3, 2020 15:55

Now it's in Rolling Stone

Mick Jagger is said to have had sex with 15 y/o Rae Dawn Chong

[www.rollingstone.de]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 3, 2020 16:20

Instead of burning all your records and memoribilia please send them to me. Super rare stuff is greatly appreciated.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: February 3, 2020 17:29

jumpontopofmebaby
If I remember right Mick said. How did I know she was 15. She looked 16. Oh. No wait that was cheech and Chong that said that !!

Record? What do you want to talk about my record for?

(I have this on vinyl)
smiling smiley

Date: February 3, 2020 18:41

dcba
Name one rock star from the 70's who did not use his superstar status to bed underage girls... I think Keith never did it. But Page or Plant? or the guys in the Who?

LOL, with tens of thousands of girls to choose from they had use "superstar status" to go after an underage girl. They couldn't find a hotter 18yr old? There's something more to that thought process then just sex. I mean really, out of all the girls they could get, that 15yr old is "the one"?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 3, 2020 18:44

Could it affect the tour?
A smart lawyer could convince RDC to sue him and then MJ has committed a crime and could be banned from US.

If so, then just come to Europe for a tour. We are ready.

Date: February 3, 2020 18:45

nick
dcba

LOL, with tens of thousands of girls to choose from they had use "superstar status" to go after an underage girl. They couldn't find a hotter 18yr old? There's something more to that thought process then just sex. I mean really, out of all the girls they could get, that 15yr old is "the one"?

Maybe they like the fact that the 15 y.o. girl hasn't been with 20 other guys like the 18 y.o. groupie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 18:48 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 3, 2020 18:53

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 18:53 by spunky.

Date: February 3, 2020 18:54

ChrisL
jumpontopofmebaby

Record? What do you want to talk about my record for?

(I have this on vinyl)

smiling smiley

YES!!!!! Funny Stuff!!

Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: February 3, 2020 18:57

Just another night. I watched that video again.

1) It seems that we could have known along that these two knew each other from before. Why is this news now?
2) Why does Mick look like Keith in this video, when he takes out the guitar and starts the song.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1681
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home