Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:28

Brue
When you get a serious concussion like that, sometimes it's hard to get on a plane and go to altitude. Sometimes your brain swells if you do too much activity. Concussions can re-occur a lot easier because the brain has already been jolted loose from its housing. The smoking and drinking doesn't have as much to do with it as does the movement and activity a tour would require. The guy's got to be careful or else he could hemhorrage again.

A lot of good info there and much of it could be applicable here. But we shouldn't all be jumping the gun here, we should all keep in mind that the article said general "health issues" and nothing more specific than that.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:31

treaclefingers
proudmary
Cindy,
Your post was somehow lost in this very agitated thread. Do you want to say that the Stones tour has been postponed because Richards has a side project with Winos(or part of it)?

I can't believe Keith would hold up the Stones because he wanted to do a Wino's project/tour...perhaps that isn't what was meant?

I doubt whatever he's doing is holding up the RS's. I got the impression it was in place of. I wasn't given a lot of details just that something is up with what I mentioned and it's past the talking phase. I was told to keep my mouth shut, so that's pretty much all I can say. But it's nice to know Keith will be doing something, even if it's not RSs.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:37

CindyC
treaclefingers
proudmary
Cindy,
Your post was somehow lost in this very agitated thread. Do you want to say that the Stones tour has been postponed because Richards has a side project with Winos(or part of it)?

I can't believe Keith would hold up the Stones because he wanted to do a Wino's project/tour...perhaps that isn't what was meant?

I doubt whatever he's doing is holding up the RS's. I got the impression it was in place of. I wasn't given a lot of details just that something is up with what I mentioned and it's past the talking phase. I was told to keep my mouth shut, so that's pretty much all I can say. But it's nice to know Keith will be doing something, even if it's not RSs.

Now I'm even more confused. What does it mean - in place of the RS? These sessions KR was talking about - it's a Winos album, not Stones? That's why Mick did not say a word about any sessions?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:39

You don't survive that lifestyle without being lucky and just a cold-blooded @#$%&.

I wouldn't count him out yet.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:46

CindyC
treaclefingers
proudmary
Cindy,

Thanks for the clarification and that makes sense. Perhaps an RS tour is too big an undertaking with too much at stake financially to allow for the inherent risks? A Keith album/tour would be much smaller scale and Keith could probably 'self-insure' that type of an event, even if there was no insurance made available.

At the very least if that is what happens, we get Keith now, and maybe if the health issues aren't too bad, Keith gets 'light training' for next year.

Date: March 16, 2012 00:47

MingSubu
You don't survive that lifestyle without being lucky and just a cold-blooded @#$%&.

I wouldn't count him out yet.

Does anyone ever 'quote' a message just to see what offending word has been censored?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:47

CindyC
I was told to keep my mouth shut, so that's pretty much all I can say.

You can trust us all. We'll keep quiet about it...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:52

I don't think they can afford the luxury to postpone things anymore. Keith's health will not be better one and a half year from now. I can't see a tour in late 2013 as plausible. Keith's fall from a stub and the head injury that followed from it was probably the final nail in the coffin for The Rolling Stones. Health comes first, Keith has earned his retirement. The reason they don't call it quits is most likely solely down to money. Personally I would have settled for a one off concert in London to mark the date with all living band members present.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 01:04 by Stoneage.

Date: March 16, 2012 01:01

treaclefingers
CindyC
treaclefingers
proudmary
Cindy,

Thanks for the clarification and that makes sense. Perhaps an RS tour is too big an undertaking with too much at stake financially to allow for the inherent risks? A Keith album/tour would be much smaller scale and Keith could probably 'self-insure' that type of an event, even if there was no insurance made available.

At the very least if that is what happens, we get Keith now, and maybe if the health issues aren't too bad, Keith gets 'light training' for next year.

So, there is a solo album and tour for Richards in 2012, not the Stones. and this happens because... Mick doesn't want to do anything with the Stones..or KR just wants to record his solo album in Stones 50 ann. year or

btw,I have long predicted that

Date: March 16, 2012 01:02

I would be shocked if we see a Winos tour "in place" of the Stones... or album.. Keith is and has for a long time been at a point where he can hardly come up with five good tunes.. if he's got anything, even rough ideas, its got to be for the Stones.

Date: March 16, 2012 01:06

proudmary
So, there is a solo album and tour for Richards in 2012, not the Stones. and this happens because... Mick doesn't want to do anything with the Stones..or KR just wants to record his solo album in Stones 50 ann. year or btw,I have long predicted that

My source wouldn't have any concrete info on the RS's, so I can't say that they aren't doing anything. Just that Keith, and at least Ivan, is.

Date: March 16, 2012 01:09

proudmary
treaclefingers
CindyC
treaclefingers
proudmary
Cindy,

So, there is a solo album and tour for Richards in 2012, not the Stones. and this happens because... Mick doesn't want to do anything with the Stones..or KR just wants to record his solo album in Stones 50 ann. year or

btw,I have long predicted that

I don't think Keith is in the driver's seat on this. It is probably either Mick or Dr's/insurance companies that are the ones making this decision.

Date: March 16, 2012 01:15

CindyC
proudmary
So, there is a solo album and tour for Richards in 2012, not the Stones. and this happens because... Mick doesn't want to do anything with the Stones..or KR just wants to record his solo album in Stones 50 ann. year or btw,I have long predicted that

My source wouldn't have any concrete info on the RS's, so I can't say that they aren't doing anything. Just that Keith, and at least Ivan, is.

Thanks for your info, Cindy.
There are way too much games and politics in the Stones world. Kinda pathetic in their advanced years and tiring for fans - at least for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 01:15 by proudmary.

Date: March 16, 2012 01:15

BTW - before I have people thinking there's a wino's tour, let me just say that i was given very little details, like one sentence! For all i know, it could turn out to be an Ivan album that Keith only plays one song on. I don't think it's that, but perhaps I just heard what I want to hear.

Date: March 16, 2012 01:17

proudmary
Thanks for your info, Cindy.
There are way too much games and politics in the Stones world. Kinda pathetic in their advanced years and tiring for fans - at least for me

You're right on that! I don't even normally read the gossip about tours, I wait for the announcement. I shouldn't have even mentioned that I heard anything, just adding fuel to i. I'd delete it, but other people have copied the posts already.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 16, 2012 01:33

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

More of the same.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 16, 2012 01:49

71Tele
stonescrow
Sighunt
KRiffhard
JumpinJeppeFlash
andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle
March 14, 2012 10:00 AM ET
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform in 2007.REUTERS/Andrea Comas /LandovBelow is an abridged version of a story that appears in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone, issue 1153 with Bruce Springsteen on the cover.

The Rolling Stones will not tour to mark their 50th anniversary this year, Rolling Stone has learned after separate interviews with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. "Basically, we’re just not ready," says Richards. Instead, 2013 is the new goal. "I have a feeling that’s more realistic," he adds.

Stones insiders say that one reason for the delay is Richards' health, which has raised questions about his ability to make it through a worldwide tour. A top concert-business source confirms the reservations over Richards’ condition and suggests that it is more likely that the band will avoid traveling in favor of camping out in major cities for multinight runs in arenas, similar to Prince's recent stands in New York and Los Angeles.

The Stones are already considering offers: The band asked for proposals from promoters AEG, Live Nation and longtime Stones promoter Michael Cohl. "We're drilling down on this new proposal," says the source.

The band may not be touring, but they will be busy through the end of the year with projects including new studio sessions and a major documentary. According to Richards, the Stones will begin rehearsing for a studio session as early as next month. "We’ll just get the boys back together again then and maybe cut a side," he says. "I’ve got plenty in the locker here, but it’s not on tape."

The news comes after the band gathered in a London studio in December and played together for the first time since the final night of the marathon two-year Bigger Bang tour in August 2007. Making the occasion even more special, former bassist Bill Wyman sat in for the first time since he left in 1992. "We played a lot of blues and outtakes of Some Girls and things like that," says Jagger. "It went very well."

Adds Richards, "It was a very back-to-basics sort of session. There was a lot of jamming. On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy. Because I set it up really as a magnet, you know."

In the meantime, fans will get their Stones fix from the upcoming documentary, out in the fall, which will trace the band's entire 50-year journey and is packed with unseen footage and unreleased music. "Nobody has put the story together as a narrative," says the movie's director, Brett Morgen, who made 2002's The Kid Stays in the Picture. "We've been looking under every rock going through their archives. It will be music never heard before, and I've conducted 50-plus hours of interviews so far. By the time we're done, they will be the most extensive group interviews they've ever done." Says Richards, "He told me 80 percent of the footage has never been seen before, which amazes me. I didn't know there was that much around."

Despite holding off on touring this year, the band is still buzzing from reuniting with Wyman. "We're back in touch, which is great, because I hadn't really spoken to him for years," says Richards. Will Wyman rejoin the group on the road in 2013? "I think he's up for it," Richards says. "We talked about it. I'll let you know when I can."

And Richards points out that next year works just as well for an anniversary trek. "The Stones always really considered '63 to be 50 years, because Charlie [Watts] didn't actually join until January," Richards says. "We look upon 2012 as sort of the year of conception, but the birth is next year."

For the full story, read the March 29th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone, available on stands and in Rolling Stone All Access March 16th.

This is so sad but it´s what i´ve said all the time, Keith can´t do it well enough anymore and he has got big issues with his fingers and head. It was very obvious during the Hubert Sumlin tribute. It´s over when it comes to touring, but it´s really great news with the docu. Really looking forward to that. Those of you that still think Keith will be able to pull off a tour in 2013, stop living in denial and try to be realistic. I would love one last tour as well, but i would hate to see my long time hero in this poor shape with big health issues trying to perform on a stage.

thumbs up

As a long time Stones fan who would like to be optimistic about their future, this latest read from Rolling Stone magazine (which historically has been on top of Stones events and has been an advocate for them) is pretty alarming. It pretty much states what many on the site have long suspected about the state of Keith's health. It would really distress me dearly to watch a potential train wreck on stage. These guys just ain't like an old blues act that can just sit down in a chair-they are performers of high energy rock and roll. Mick jagger is a perfectionist type and unless I really have misread this guy, he ain't gonna go out on stage and look stupid (especially on a 50th anniversary tour) in front of the whole world (unless of course he can divert attention from Keith by having the usual circus of support players on stage to compensate).
To the Rolling Stones: if you are reading this, you have given the world so much with your endless catalogue of great & timeless music. You don't owe anybody anything and you don't have to prove anything as you've already done it many times over. Go out on top, you earned it. I can't speak for others on this board but I would be happy re-living great moments from your past (and what made you great) with any unreleased material from the archives.

Very nice words, and sincere concerns, but trust me, everything is going to work out.

Just your natural (and admirable) faith and optism Sonescrow, or do you have some info we don't?

Thanks, mate. All any of us have is our nose (intuition) to sniff these things out. You really have to be able to read between the lines with the Stones to see through the murkiness. These guys are master promoters. You have to ask yourself, does Keith sound like a defeated man or someone that is so messed up that he can't play anymore? Of course not. Is he what he was 30 and 40 years ago? No, but who is? My nose tells me it will all work out, but there are certainly no guarantees in life.

Date: March 16, 2012 01:54

Justin
It would be incredibly satisfying to see all these guys playing together again. Let's hope Keith uses the next few months wisely so he can join in on the fun next year.

Sounds like the fun is going to begin next month when they all meet up in the studio. Honestly, if I had a choice between a new album and a tour I would take a new album. I have always liked the idea of select performances rather than some huge tour.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 16, 2012 01:56

Sighunt
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

More of the same.

The truth will come out soon enough I imagine. Not that I am wishing for anything bad, but I suspect "it is what it is".

Why doesn't Keith simply say "I am not ready" rather than the "band" or "we"?

Also, despite the negative trappings, if the Stones really want a big payday - and I bet Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman would want one at least as much as Jagger or Richards - wouldn't just setting up in Vegas for six months be the easiest thing to do for Keith's (or anyone else's) health? NO TRAVELLING needed at all, huge payday, bigger as they go. And, it wouldn't stop until THEY stopped.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 16, 2012 01:59

Cindy's post answers the question previously going through my head, "What about the recent recordings with Steve Jordan?"

Imagine it's gonna be pretty chill, which is fine by me. He'll play in NYC that's 4 sure...maybe at a theatre near you.

Date: March 16, 2012 01:59

stonescrow
Justin
It would be incredibly satisfying to see all these guys playing together again. Let's hope Keith uses the next few months wisely so he can join in on the fun next year.

Sounds like the fun is going to begin next month when they all meet up in the studio. Honestly, if I had a choice between a new album and a tour I would take a new album. I have always liked the idea of select performances rather than some huge tour.

Would love a new album and far more 'controllable' by them

Date: March 16, 2012 02:04

superrevvy
Send It To me
Interesting post by GlimmerGirl24 on Shidoobee...for what it may be worth...

According to a source I consider credible, Mick has also talked and said the tour planned for this year was 30 dates spread over a few months with ten dates each in LA at Staples, NYC at MSG and London at O2. Wyman was planning to be part of the tour. Unfortunately, the band couldn't get Keith insured for the tour. Keith has good days and bad days, on the bad days - he can't perform. At the recent Hubert Sumlin show - supposedly he was having a bad moment and that is why he was on stage without his guitar. He improved later in the show. Anyway, the Stones were unable to find a physician that would sign off that Keith was healthy enough to play the dates.

Supposedly, Keith has had mini strokes over the past several years - which might or might not be related to the brain injury, but I suspect the mini strokes were an issue before that. There were vision issues after the brain injury and that have been corrected. However, he's a stroke risk, has to avoid stimulants that raise his blood pressure and does have bad days where he can't function at the level he would need to for a tour. No insurance, no tour.

The Stones are hoping that Keith's condition will improve enough that they are able to insure him next year.

Take it all with a grain of salt, but the explanation that they are unable to insure Keith seems very credible. Mini-strokes also explains behavior we saw on the last tour. "

In my opinion, this is all nonsense and disinfo, the same as what Gazza was
spreading. There was never any tour seriously considered for this year.
And Keith has not had any mini strokes. Even more ridiculous is the notion
that Keith couldn't play his guitar at the Apollo, but ten minutes later he
could. As I said, nonsense and disinfo.

That doesn't mean that concerns about Keith's health are not in play. It just
means that he has not had any strokes. Any signs that are being interpreted
in that way are because of the side effects of all the prescription drugs
he is using. Prescription drugs are the concern right now, after what they
did to Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. In my opinion.

Also, the notion that Keith couldn't find a doctor to certify him for a
tour is laughable. You give them enough money, they'll certify anything.
and then give you a few more prescriptions.

Excellent comments. I agree.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 02:10

you people are posting some crazy stuff,there is nothing wrong with keiths brain,from a stroke or anything else,didnt anybody read the brilliant book or see him talking to jimmy fallon,he's brilliant,as far as his playing being shitty after the fall,i saw the stones 2 weeks after they filmed shine a light in atlantic city,and keith was on fire.

Date: March 16, 2012 02:20

stonescrow
superrevvy
Send It To me
Interesting post by GlimmerGirl24 on Shidoobee...for what it may be worth...

According to a source I consider credible, Mick has also talked and said the tour planned for this year was 30 dates spread over a few months with ten dates each in LA at Staples, NYC at MSG and London at O2. Wyman was planning to be part of the tour. Unfortunately, the band couldn't get Keith insured for the tour. Keith has good days and bad days, on the bad days - he can't perform. At the recent Hubert Sumlin show - supposedly he was having a bad moment and that is why he was on stage without his guitar. He improved later in the show. Anyway, the Stones were unable to find a physician that would sign off that Keith was healthy enough to play the dates.

Supposedly, Keith has had mini strokes over the past several years - which might or might not be related to the brain injury, but I suspect the mini strokes were an issue before that. There were vision issues after the brain injury and that have been corrected. However, he's a stroke risk, has to avoid stimulants that raise his blood pressure and does have bad days where he can't function at the level he would need to for a tour. No insurance, no tour.

The Stones are hoping that Keith's condition will improve enough that they are able to insure him next year.

Take it all with a grain of salt, but the explanation that they are unable to insure Keith seems very credible. Mini-strokes also explains behavior we saw on the last tour. "

In my opinion, this is all nonsense and disinfo, the same as what Gazza was
spreading. There was never any tour seriously considered for this year.
And Keith has not had any mini strokes. Even more ridiculous is the notion
that Keith couldn't play his guitar at the Apollo, but ten minutes later he
could. As I said, nonsense and disinfo.

That doesn't mean that concerns about Keith's health are not in play. It just
means that he has not had any strokes. Any signs that are being interpreted
in that way are because of the side effects of all the prescription drugs
he is using. Prescription drugs are the concern right now, after what they
did to Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. In my opinion.

Also, the notion that Keith couldn't find a doctor to certify him for a
tour is laughable. You give them enough money, they'll certify anything.
and then give you a few more prescriptions.

Excellent comments. I agree.

Except for the comments about the prescription drugs. We don't have access to his medical records, so we don't know what he is taking, if anything.

Date: March 16, 2012 02:29

backstreetboy1
you people are posting some crazy stuff,there is nothing wrong with keiths brain,from a stroke or anything else,didnt anybody read the brilliant book or see him talking to jimmy fallon,he's brilliant,as far as his playing being shitty after the fall,i saw the stones 2 weeks after they filmed shine a light in atlantic city,and keith was on fire.

Yes, and what about the New York Library interview? He looks great these days and sounds great also. If they stick to select performances everything will be fine.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: March 16, 2012 02:45

Do the people dismissing the possibility of "mini strokes" actually know what a "mini stroke" looks like?

I have more than a little experience with this stuff, a close family member underwent brain surgery not too long ago. Since then he's been on a fairly strong drug that keeps him from having seizures.

When they take him off of the drug, he inevitably has a seizure.

These seizures are often referred to as mini strokes. Some of them are severe- uncontrollable muscle contraction- and some of them are less severe- an inability to focus or understand where you are. Sometimes the less severe kind leads to the more severe kind. Sometimes not. Sometimes the more severe ones appear out of nowhere.

Keith was on anti-seizure medication after his surgery. It clearly had an effect on his playing for the latter half of the tour.

None of us know exactly what is happening now with the man, but "mini strokes" are not, in any way, outside the realm of possibility. Regardless, I wish him the very best in any and all endeavors. Keith is easily my favorite guitarist of all time. I've played in bands for over twenty five years and haven't found anyone who plays remotely like him.

Date: March 16, 2012 02:58

SweetThing
Sighunt
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

More of the same.

The truth will come out soon enough I imagine. Not that I am wishing for anything bad, but I suspect "it is what it is".

Why doesn't Keith simply say "I am not ready" rather than the "band" or "we"?

Also, despite the negative trappings, if the Stones really want a big payday - and I bet Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman would want one at least as much as Jagger or Richards - wouldn't just setting up in Vegas for six months be the easiest thing to do for Keith's (or anyone else's) health? NO TRAVELLING needed at all, huge payday, bigger as they go. And, it wouldn't stop until THEY stopped.

Keith isn't holding up anything. He is as ready as he is going to get. I sensed Mick was leaning more towards 2013 when he was interviewed several months ago and hinted such.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 16, 2012 02:59

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 16, 2012 03:00

stonescrow
backstreetboy1

Yes, and what about the New York Library interview? He looks great these days and sounds great also. If they stick to select performances everything will be fine.

He was certainly ALRIGHT or OK, in all those interviews he did, but his handlers dressed him probably, drove him to the gig, etc. He memorized a few lines - talking points and repeated them successfully. The best one.. that the world went from Black and White to Technicolor - is just a talking point to sell the book. I imagine Keith probably did come up with that when his ghost writer interviewed him, because Keith is very articulate as we all know, but those interviews were just very basic consumption for a mass audience that is familiar with his name in passing. Objective met, and met well. By Keith. But the promotion performance didn't impress me in terms of how much he might be "all there" (or not) behind the scenes.

But I do agree with you Stonewcrow, and new album and selected performances should be "safe". I really just hope they include Taylor and Wyman, because I suspect it change the balance a small bit and serve to offset seeing simply a linear deterioration of Wood/Jagger/Watts/Keith... not that I expect Bill or Taylor be what they used to be either. But it would be "different" from what we've become used to as well as a fitting and dignified farewell.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 16, 2012 03:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 03:03 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home