Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Jimi Hendrix final interview
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 6, 2020 17:11

If you're into Jimi, a great listen. If you're not into Jimi, still a great listen. I can only wonder where his muse would have taken him musically. I can't imagine him being satisfied with playing the popular stuff over and over again just to be out there. Perhaps he'd be like Dylan, reinventing his music as time goes by, but unlike Dylan at times, making the music soar.

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Re: OT: Jimi Hendrix final interview
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 18:07

It's impossible to know where Jimi would have gone in his career.

Hell, he could have ended up as a Phil Collins-style '80s pop-rock star. I know, that's UNTHINKABLE, but stranger things happened to a lot of artists from the '60s and '70s that people wouldn't have believed at the time.

Or he could have burned out like Jimmy Page and not produced much of note following his '60s/'70s heyday.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2020 18:22

Thanks dmay. thumbs up

As for what he might have done had he lived, hard to say, but I always like to imagine he'd have gone down a similar route as Jeff Beck playing esoteric jazzy/jammy tunes.
Whatever the case, he'll always be remembered by most as the best rock guitarist to ever walk the earth.

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: February 6, 2020 19:33

dmay
If you're into Jimi, a great listen. If you're not into Jimi, still a great listen.

Nothing new but still very interesting to hear !

YM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home