Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The real Desert Trip
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 4, 2020 03:48

"...every musician we know is at a different caliber of success, whether it's personal or monetary or whatever, but the thing that binds everyone is we all want to get back to that place of playing in the garage with our friends for the sake of making music.” Hmmm, maybe the Stones need to check this place out. If I remember right, Eric Burdon calls this area home. Bring him on and get jammin', boys. On another note, this is the area where, I recall, Gram Parsons wanted his ashes scattered. If you haven't been to Joshua Tree National Park, it's fantastic and well worth a visit.

[www.gq.com]

Re: OT: The real Desert Trip
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 4, 2020 03:54

Joshua Tree is amazing. Getting a bit crowded these days. Lost my land thir last year which is funding retirement.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 4, 2020 04:32

Joshua Tree during a full moon on mushrooms is magical! smoking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 4, 2020 16:13

spikenyc
Joshua Tree during a full moon on mushrooms is magical! smoking smiley
Sure there you go reminding me about Captain Trips cool smiley

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:26

dmay
"...every musician we know is at a different caliber of success, whether it's personal or monetary or whatever, but the thing that binds everyone is we all want to get back to that place of playing in the garage with our friends for the sake of making music.” Hmmm, maybe the Stones need to check this place out. If I remember right, Eric Burdon calls this area home. Bring him on and get jammin', boys. On another note, this is the area where, I recall, Gram Parsons wanted his ashes scattered. If you haven't been to Joshua Tree National Park, it's fantastic and well worth a visit.

[www.gq.com]

Keith was checking out Joshua Tree with Parsons in '68, well before U2 put it out there for the masses and basically ruined it.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 4, 2020 21:27

loog droog
dmay

[www.gq.com]

Keith was checking out Joshua Tree with Parsons in '68, well before U2 put it out there for the masses and basically ruined it.

U2 didn't ruin it. Only started getting "yosemite" busy the last 5 to 10 years.

Date: February 4, 2020 23:44

Quote: If I remember right, Eric Burdon calls this area home...

I was told he relocated to Ojai (near Sta Barbara).

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 5, 2020 00:32

Don't tell anybody about Death Valley.

jb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home