Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Birth of the beer can
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 25, 2020 20:22

OMG, how did this get overlooked here yesterday? January 24, 1935, beer showed up in a can. The world was never the same afterward. Has there been a Stones beer or other major music group beer? Here's a link to, supposedly, the first brewer to can beer.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Re: OT: Birth of the beer can
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 25, 2020 20:28

I seem to remember some 'Forty Licks Red Wine' but it came in regular bottles

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 25, 2020 20:56

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 25, 2020 22:05

dmay

Has there been a Stones beer or other major music group beer?

Yes - in 2013 and 2015:

[www.Straight.com]

[www.Eater.com]

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: January 25, 2020 23:10

I've had a few of these......alas it did not originate from our boys

[images.app.goo.gl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 18:03 by MisterO.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 25, 2020 23:11

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 26, 2020 00:31

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 26, 2020 19:41

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 27, 2020 10:08

The Robinsons’ Trooper range is really good, I think. If you like ale, they’re worth a try. I suspect the AC/DC and Stones offerings are merely generic lagers. The Iron Maiden beers have had some thought put into them.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 16:40

Big Al
The Robinsons’ Trooper range is really good, I think. If you like ale, they’re worth a try. I suspect the AC/DC and Stones offerings are merely generic lagers. The Iron Maiden beers have had some thought put into them.
Yeah, Bruce Dickinson in particular is very involved in the beer selection in conjunction with Robinsons'.

I had a can at the Maiden show this past summer...it was quite good. I haven't been able to find it on sale in the States at all.

Date: January 27, 2020 18:15

keefriff99
Big Al
Yeah, Bruce Dickinson in particular is very involved in the beer selection in conjunction with Robinsons'.

I had a can at the Maiden show this past summer...it was quite good. I haven't been able to find it on sale in the States at all.

On the west coast, there's a chain of Bevmo stores - massive booze outlet/warehouses that have a large varieties of all things booze.
Been several years since I've been there, but their website shows it's still available. A bit expensive, but the bottle itself is a keeper.
Might want to check it out for shipping, but would no doubt cost an arm and a leg, or maybe you have a similar booze warehouse type store in your area.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:09

Hairball
keefriff99
Big Al

On the west coast, there's a chain of Bevmo stores - massive booze outlet/warehouses that have a large varieties of all things booze.
Been several years since I've been there, but their website shows it's still available. A bit expensive, but the bottle itself is a keeper.
Might want to check it out for shipping, but would no doubt cost an arm and a leg, or maybe you have a similar booze warehouse type store in your area.
Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out. I'm not a big drinker, but it would be nice to have those bottles on display.

Date: January 27, 2020 19:38

keefriff99
Hairball
keefriff99
Big Al

Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out. I'm not a big drinker, but it would be nice to have those bottles on display.

Nor am I - in fact I haven't had any alcohol for several years, and the last beer I had might have been the Trooper!
The bottle does look nice on a shelf though, right next to an empty can of AC/DC beer.thumbs up

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:49

Sorry, I'm a bottle man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home