Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Fool To Cry" Promo Ver. 1 & 2
Posted by: RODAXE ()
Date: May 22, 2013 15:49

For those who don't know, here it is the original version of "Fool To Cry" (which is live vocals under a prepared backing track) and the second version (which is lip sync to the album version) that was aired on Top Of The Pops in May 6, 1976 and i never seen anywhere again but on youtube (god bless).

Version 1 (Live Vocals)

Version 2 (Full Playback)

Re: "Fool To Cry" Promo Ver. 1 & 2
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 22, 2013 15:56

The best version is the "sniff" version, available on "Static in The Attic" bootleg. Post a link to that one, and you'll have a winner

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 22, 2013 15:57

Erik_Snow
The best version is the "sniff" version, available on "Static in The Attic" bootleg. Post a link to that one, and you'll have a winner

i didn't realize it made you cry, too, erik. don't cry.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 22, 2013 15:57

There's quite a few sniffs on Stones songs I do recall.

Date: May 22, 2013 16:00

Erik_Snow

Isn't he "sniffing" on Les Abbatoirs, or is that just when his voice cracks when he starts singing - can't remember?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:06

Terrible.

I wish they had never recorded this one.

Cheese.

Date: May 22, 2013 16:09

GravityBoy
Terrible.

Cheese.

some people like cheese. and it's gouda for you....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:24

GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
Terrible.

Cheese.

some people like cheese. and it's gouda for you....

you're going out on a lim-burger on that one.

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 17:49

Ive always liked `Fool to cry`...
and look at Micks shirt, isnt it great?cool smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 22, 2013 18:16

This song is Streets Of Love before there was a Streets Of Love. Befuddling that Mick got either one by Keith...

Date: May 22, 2013 18:19

It's a Mick song for sure.

Keith got his own back though. Keith's note selection on the chorus is a bit odd.

I always thought it was out of tune.

Date: May 22, 2013 18:26

Munichhilton
This song is Streets Of Love before there was a Streets Of Love. Befuddling that Mick got either one by Keith...

keith got his revenge by falling asleep during his solo on it in '76. don't befooled by this as others were befuddled by it - it was a cool maneuver....

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 22, 2013 18:29

worst Stones single ever? Yes.

Date: May 22, 2013 18:29

GRNRBITW
keith got his revenge by falling asleep during his solo on it in '76. don't befooled by this as others were befuddled by it - it was a cool maneuver....

Just coz Keith said he fell asleep doesn't mean he fell asleep.. how long you been a Stones fan?

You perplex me.

Date: May 22, 2013 18:32

GravityBoy
GRNRBITW

Just coz Keith said he fell asleep doesn't mean he fell asleep.. how long you been a Stones fan?

You perplex me.

i have been a fan since the other night when they played the greatest show in rock music history.

Date: May 22, 2013 18:51

There's Ian Stewart in the 2nd version! Also noticed (duh) no Billie or Ollie. I dunno why I always thought this was shot during the same German arena shooting session along with 'Crazy Mama,' 'Hot Stuff,' and 'Hey Negrita.' Just assumed it was shot last, after dark. Anyone no where this session was done? Anymore from it I wonder...

Date: May 22, 2013 19:42

FirstTimeSeattle81
There's Ian Stewart in the 2nd version! Also noticed (duh) no Billie or Ollie. I dunno why I always thought this was shot during the same German arena shooting session along with 'Crazy Mama,' 'Hot Stuff,' and 'Hey Negrita.' Just assumed it was shot last, after dark. Anyone no where this session was done? Anymore from it I wonder...

Actually, they started to shoot "Fool To Cry" promos around 4:00 in the morning, and according to my sources, the next ones was "Crazy Mama", "Hey, Negrita" and "Hot Stuff" respectively. It seems like they've finished at 8:00 in the morning maybe. They was shot at Kiel, West-Germany, Ostseehalle in May 4, 1976 and was directed by Michael-Lindsay Hogg.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 19:46 by RODAXE.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 22, 2013 19:59

GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
GRNRBITW

You perplex me.

i have been a fan since the other night when they played the greatest show in rock music history.

Holy #%&## You really want to do this today don't you! Ight then, let the games begin!

Date: May 22, 2013 20:20

RODAXE
FirstTimeSeattle81

Actually, they started to shoot "Fool To Cry" promos around 4:00 in the morning, and according to my sources, the next ones was "Crazy Mama", "Hey, Negrita" and "Hot Stuff" respectively. It seems like they've finished at 8:00 in the morning maybe. They was shot at Kiel, West-Germany, Ostseehalle in May 4, 1976 and was directed by Michael-Lindsay Hogg.

What's your "sources" ? The DVD/video? and yes it's true, they were all recorded at nighttime/morningtime, in Kiel, allthough not on May 4th, but May 1st/2nd. The following concert in Kiel 1976 weren't worse than other 1976 shows, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 20:23 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:46

FirstTimeSeattle81

I think it is from the same session. The stage lights overhead are identical, as are the outfits.

Date: May 22, 2013 21:11

Ordinary people gotta sleep.

Date: May 22, 2013 21:22

Erik_Snow
RODAXE
FirstTimeSeattle81

What's your "sources" ? The DVD/video? and yes it's true, they were all recorded at nighttime/morningtime, in Kiel, allthough not on May 4th, but May 1st/2nd. The following concert in Kiel 1976 weren't worse than other 1976 shows, though.

In fact my sources are my experience as a die hard stones fan , lots of books about their carrer that i have read, and of course, the rolling stones online database.

Date: May 22, 2013 21:24

RODAXE
Erik_Snow
RODAXE
FirstTimeSeattle81

In fact my sources are my experience as a die hard stones fan , lots of books about their carrer that i have read, and of course, the rolling stones online database.

Yes, but we all are here. You sounded so important with them "sources". The date is wrong, though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 21:29 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 22, 2013 21:31

Erik_Snow
RODAXE
Erik_Snow
RODAXE
FirstTimeSeattle81

Yes, but we all are here. You sounded so important with them "sources". The date is wrong, though

hahahahah true...sorry i didn't mean to sound so "important" grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 21:32 by RODAXE.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:51

RODAXE, great find!
Amazing that Stu was filmed on this.
Always dug everything about this song...now I've got a video version with Stu, amazing.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 23, 2013 00:53

Maybe Billy Preston could have given this song more vitality...you know Music Is His Life...

Date: May 23, 2013 06:21

Nah,
Outfits are changed... I think Evryone's (Keith too!)

Date: May 28, 2013 18:28

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow

i didn't realize it made you cry, too, erik. don't cry.

Hey what happened to your account, GRNRBITW? Banning you was the worst decision ever done by the commander in chief of IORR.

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: January 23, 2020 12:04

Can version 2 be found anywhere? It is not aot at You Tube anymore.

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: January 23, 2020 12:34

I found it after all (thanks to Nico):

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home