Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor Buck Hotel Reeth March 9th 2012
Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: March 10, 2012 12:06

I went to see Mick Taylor and his band last night at the Buck Hotel Reeth. The venue is a lovely little pub set in the Yorkshire dales. It holds around 100 people and was packed. Mick's band was red hot tight and he looked well. His playing was pretty good all night, at times he was really fluid, and playing like old times. At other times it just wasn't quite there. Zoot Money was excellent. They finished with No Expectations.

Have written more details on my blog:

vintagerock.wordpress.com

Enjoyed the evening. Well worth going.
Peter

Re: Mick Taylor Buck Hotel Reeth March 9th 2012
Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: March 10, 2012 12:17

Glad you enjoyed it, I hope someone records a few shows so we can have a listen. I am not expecting much, he is over 60 but half a new band might inspire him. No sign of any new songs, no Giddy Up, no CYHMK, still persisting with some of the same old tunes.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 10, 2012 13:23

thumbs up

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 10, 2012 13:57

peters318
I went to see Mick Taylor and his band last night at the Buck Hotel Reeth. The venue is a lovely little pub set in the Yorkshire dales. It holds around 100 people and was packed. Mick's band was red hot tight and he looked well. His playing was pretty good all night, at times he was really fluid, and playing like old times. At other times it just wasn't quite there. Zoot Money was excellent. They finished with No Expectations.

Have written more details on my blog:

vintagerock.wordpress.com

Enjoyed the evening. Well worth going.

Thanks for the update

Going to see him tonight in Kinross Scotland at the Green Hotel limited to 60 people so really looking forward to it.Did he hang around after signing a few autographs, having a chat?
Peter

Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: March 10, 2012 16:47

Hi Mick was around in the venue before the show last night with Zoot and the rest of the band. I didn't see anyone asking for an autograph, but I'm sure you could easily have done so. I didn't hang around after the show as I had a 50 mile drive home, so I don't know if he did any signings after. Hope you enjoy the gig tonight, I'm sure you will. Best wishes Peter

Date: March 10, 2012 18:42

peters318
Hi Mick was around in the venue before the show last night with Zoot and the rest of the band. I didn't see anyone asking for an autograph, but I'm sure you could easily have done so. I didn't hang around after the show as I had a 50 mile drive home, so I don't know if he did any signings after. Hope you enjoy the gig tonight, I'm sure you will. Best wishes Peter

Thank you Peter. Just getting ready to set off from Edinburgh so should be in plenty time to check out the venue.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: March 11, 2012 22:22

When is he going to play in Edinburgh? I will be there in two weeks, would be great if I have the chance to see him

Thanks!

Posted by: ultimaterocker ()
Date: March 11, 2012 22:57

Really wish he would come to Canada......although he has mainly stuck to Europe in the past decade hasn't he??

Date: March 11, 2012 23:45

capsula
When is he going to play in Edinburgh? I will be there in two weeks, would be great if I have the chance to see him

Thanks!

I am not aware that he is coming to Edinburgh soon but last night was only 25 miles North of Edinburgh in the Village of Kinross - very intimate around a 100 at the show - just like seeing him in your lounge - I got some songs recorded on my Flip cam - You Shook me all Night long - Stop Braking Down - Blind Willie McTell/All Along The Watchtower[with Layla riffs] - You Gotta Move - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - No Expectations. Don't know how long you will be in Edinburgh but he is playing at the Arches in Glasgow on Friday April 13th [www.thearches.co.uk] see link for details.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-11 23:48 by Tonstone.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:09

Tonstone
I got some songs recorded on my Flip cam - You Shook me all Night long - Stop Braking Down - Blind Willie McTell/All Along The Watchtower[with Layla riffs] - You Gotta Move - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - No Expectations.

Thanks for all the info.
Any chance you could upload the Flip recordings to You Tube or Hot Stuff?
Thanks!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 12, 2012 12:07

It's great to find out Mick Taylor is playing shows again. Now I wonder when his next CD is coming out. You know, the one which was rumored when that former Fleetwood Mac member died who was scheduled to play on it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home