Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what is the artsiest, bravest, edgiest thing the Stones have done in the last 30 years?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 8, 2012 13:11

It's my personal favourite of latter-day Stones numbers. I think Mick may have been listening to Passion by Peter Gabriel, or to the Brian Jones Presents album.

I also like the mini solo on Almost Hear You Sigh: the George Jones influence on The Worst, the Everly Bros vibe on Sweetheart's Together, and Thru & Thru.

Re: what is the artsiest, bravest, edgiest thing the Stones have done in the last 30 years?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 8, 2012 13:15

rocker1
the audience seemed incredibly bored by it all

what?! no they didn't! breathtaken, more like

remember that all-new approach to 19th Nervous Breakdown they tried out at the 2005 Phoenix gig?
maybe not enough people heard it to make "the ~est" ... but it was cool!

the Mick playing slide in concert was really brave, but i guess it was too nervewracking for him - unfortunate

Mathijs
Answering 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' with 'Stupid Girl'

quite! :E that was a little more than 30 years ago, though, wasn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-08 14:39 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2012 13:19

...........LIFE

ROCKMAN

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: March 8, 2012 13:30

Keef trying to take all that smack into Canada

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 8, 2012 13:55

30 years = 1982.

Date: March 8, 2012 14:43

... carrying on for the Second Half is absolutely the bravest edgiest finest thing a band could do,
and it's the Rolling Stones who have done it, giving us all courage for years and years and years

i love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 8, 2012 15:14

with sssoul
carrying on for the Second Half

You pessimist, you! I thought they were only doing the Second Quarter yet.

The club - arena - theatre approach during the Licks tour scored high on my list.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 8, 2012 18:48

Airbrushing Bill out of the band

Date: March 8, 2012 19:13

marcovandereijk
I thought they were only doing the Second Quarter yet.

well Keith called it the Second Half so ... so it was no doubt poetic license
let's call it Part 2, how's that :E

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 8, 2012 20:07

Keith shooting Mick's guitar with his pistol.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2012 23:53

The Fruit of the Loom Tour for sure. After that everybody expected a bunch of club shows on every tour. But fact is they never do club shows, well except for warmup before tours and promotion that is. But the 2002/2003 S-M-L tour was fantastic... Roseland Ballroom NYC... She Smiled Sweetly...

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 9, 2012 00:18

No doubt that will come in 2012 and 2013! The best is yet to come!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home