Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: U2 XM channel
Posted by: illyad ()
Date: December 5, 2019 15:27

Just heard U2 will be debuting its own channel on XM. The obvious question to me is if Petty, Springsteen, Pearl Jam and many other less popular acts have a channel, why don't the Stones? One would think with Jagger's interest in the internet and constant promotion of the Stones that a channel would be in the works.

Re: OT: U2 XM channel
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 5, 2019 15:33

Probably just a case of chronic disinterest in music on their part.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: December 5, 2019 15:42

Next year would be a good time for a Rolling Stones channel if they follow through with an album and tour.

I have been hoping for an Elton John channel. It would have been great to go along with the Farewell Tour and expose people to some of the great album tracks instead of just the usual hits.

Billy Joel is doing a live concert and Q & A session tonight on his own channel. Good promotion! But, his channel gets old listening to fast. Not enough depth in his catalog.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-05 15:43 by tonyc.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 5, 2019 16:28

Hear @U2's greatest hits, concerts, and rare interviews on U2X RADIO, an exclusive new SiriusXM channel coming in 2020. Learn more: siriusxm.us/U2XRADIOsxm

[twitter.com]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 5, 2019 18:05

illyad
Just heard U2 will be debuting its own channel on XM. The obvious question to me is if Petty, Springsteen, Pearl Jam and many other less popular acts have a channel, why don't the Stones? One would think with Jagger's interest in the internet and constant promotion of the Stones that a channel would be in the works.

[www.virginradio.it]

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 5, 2019 18:15

illyad

My memory could be wrong, but I feel like they've had a channel at one point, albeit temporarily. I think XM does that from time to time, i.e. temporary "pop-up" style channels for a brief time. But if it happened it was years ago. I had XM off and on from 2011 until earlier this year and there was never a Stones channel, temporary or otherwise. Yeah, the Stones definitely need one...a permanent one. 50+ years of stuff to play, come on.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 5, 2019 20:03

There was a Stones Channel launched in 2005 for "A Bigger Bang" and again in 2008 for "Shine A Light".

[investor.siriusxm.com]

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: December 5, 2019 22:39

Does anyone know how a channel like that works? I mean in terms of getting artist permission and a royalty contract to do it. Certainly you would want artist permission to get extra content like interviews, etc. But, Beatles channel seems to have little if any of that. So, could siriusxm just do a Rolling Stones channel or is it more complicated than that?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 5, 2019 22:46

tonyc
Does anyone know how a channel like that works? I mean in terms of getting artist permission and a royalty contract to do it. Certainly you would want artist permission to get extra content like interviews, etc. But, Beatles channel seems to have little if any of that. So, could siriusxm just do a Rolling Stones channel or is it more complicated than that?

They could do it without the artist's permission (providing they pay royalties, of course) but it's a mutually beneficial arrangement so no doubt both parties are involved and have communication and have legal contracts, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-05 23:50 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 5, 2019 22:48

There is absolutely no reason for the Stones not to have their own XM station. I take my cell phone to the beach and play Sirius xm on a bluetooth Bose speaker and it is wonderful. And if you want something specific to hear just use Apple Play.

It's a great thing and the Stones really need to be on playing rare concerts and their whole catalog

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home