Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT RiP Michael J Pollard
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 25, 2019 17:32

[www.cnn.com]

If you're of a certain age (at least 60) you might remember when Pollard had a moment of fame for a couple of years after Bonnie and Clyde.

He represented youth and the average guy and was a hero of the counterculture in the mainstream movie world.

Re: OT RiP Michael J Pollard
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 25, 2019 19:45

Used to see him sipping soup at Nate and Al deli in Beverly Hills.

Re: OT RiP Michael J Pollard
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: November 27, 2019 21:14

The classic Michael J. Pollard story is how he accidentally named a Traffic album.

The way I understand it, he was hanging out with Traffic somewhere in Europe. He was sitting at an outdoor cafe, feeling no pain, shall we say, when he was noticed by a reporter.

There was the usual, "Excuse me, aren't you Michael J. Pollard?" etc. conversation, and the reported asked him what he was up to. Pollard said that the group Traffic was recording a new album there, and he was just hanging out with them.

When asked the name of the upcoming album, Michael paused, and then said, "Uhh, it's going to be called....the Low Spark.....of......High Heeled Boys."

No such name or song existed yet, of course, but it winds up in the paper the next day. And, of course, the band tells him, "Oh, GREAT, thanks a LOT, NOW we have to write a song with that title!"

The rest, as they say, is history.

smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home