Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best live weaving moments post 1981/2 tour
Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: November 23, 2019 01:25

Listening to Wanna Hold You on new Buenes Aires gig...love the ending where Ronnie and Keith go to town.

Re: Best live weaving moments post 1981/2 tour
Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: November 23, 2019 01:26

also the 2nd half of Before they make me run on most versions

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 23, 2019 01:43

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 23, 2019 03:56

Weaving... Beast Of Burden on the VOODOO tour.

I don't know if anyone thinks of Ronnie on slide and Keith riffing for say Monkey Man as weaving...

Shattered was excellent on the VOODOO tour (the best ever, personally).

There are others... but what is the criteria? I thought Gimme Shelter and Waiting On A Friend were excellent on the BRIDGES tour. Don't Stop, weirdly enough, on the LICKS tour...

Date: November 23, 2019 11:14

longlongwinter
Listening to Wanna Hold You on new Buenes Aires gig...love the ending where Ronnie and Keith go to town.

Sounds like rhythm and lead to me. Lovely feck up, btw smiling smiley

Date: November 23, 2019 11:20

Date: November 23, 2019 17:59

DandelionPowderman
[youtu.be]

Great call!! Keith is tearing it up.

Holy smokes! That may be some of the best playing I have ever seen that band play. Look at Keith doing that little extra bar, and then the precision of sliding up to the V chord at 2:37. The camera cuts away right after Keith slides up there. And right after Jagger goes "Alright Ronnie come on" for Ron's second solo. And rarely have I seen Ronnie charge a solo with such determination. And as if that is not enough at 3:11 Jagger decides to blow. Incredible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-23 18:06 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 23, 2019 19:55

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
[youtu.be]

Holy smokes! That may be some of the best playing I have ever seen that band play. Look at Keith doing that little extra bar, and then the precision of sliding up to the V chord at 2:37. The camera cuts away right after Keith slides up there. And right after Jagger goes "Alright Ronnie come on" for Ron's second solo. And rarely have I seen Ronnie charge a solo with such determination. And as if that is not enough at 3:11 Jagger decides to blow. Incredible.

And realistically, that clip highlights the fact that it is time for them to stop. Keith is covered in cobwebs at this point in time and he is running on gas fumes. But in 1995, almost 25 years ago now, when they were already "quite old" they could still hit home runs and be the real Rolling Stones.

Date: November 24, 2019 02:22

MileHigh
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
[youtu.be]

And realistically, that clip highlights the fact that it is time for them to stop. Keith is covered in cobwebs at this point in time and he is running on gas fumes. But in 1995, almost 25 years ago now, when they were already "quite old" they could still hit home runs and be the real Rolling Stones.

Those glimpses we still get... well, they're pretty good, too, aren't they?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 24, 2019 02:34

DandelionPowderman
MileHigh
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
[youtu.be]

Those glimpses we still get... well, they're pretty good, too, aren't they?

The B-side is heavily edited from this performance. Regardless - FANFUCKINGTASTIC.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 24, 2019 04:54

For me it’s about the trade off riffs and both being on it like this. A great left right guitar mix makes it. 1981

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 24, 2019 14:54

Any version of Beast Of Burden Before 2012, Miami '94 and LA 2002 are two official ones. They should play Black Limo more often, it's such a joy and Always a highlight when performed.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 24, 2019 15:04

Brixton Black Limousine is outstanding....its more of the same of what made Blue & Lonesome so great...that's the Stones...and no ones better than them when they sound like that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home