Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
Keith and Chuck Berry on same stage
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:35

Hope someone got it on You Tube when KR and Chuck played today at the JFK library in Boston today- they're getting better at keeping secrets, hopefully they have s bigger one coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-29 23:26 by bv.

Re: Keith and Chuck jammed today
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:37

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:44

I assumed the title referred to Chuck Leavell.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:45

Now THAT I'd love to hear.

Keith, Paul Simon and Chuck....my heroes in one room? I'd break.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-27 01:45 by Justin.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:51

Playing twice within a week? Anybody would think he's trying to oil out the rust ;-)

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:54

This is a great oppurtunity to bash him if only we could see performance video...

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:56

Well according to the article,Keith only played one song with Elvis Costello,it seems weird to me that Paul Simon introduced Chuck Berry,instead of Keith,somehow imo that doesn't make sense,but who knows.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 27, 2012 02:07

flairville
Playing twice within a week? Anybody would think he's trying to oil out the rust ;-)
Lube that sucker up and let's go!!

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 27, 2012 02:07

Munichhilton
This is a great oppurtunity to bash him if only we could see performance video...

Indeed! It should be available on Youtube in due time! smiling smiley

Keef and Elvis Costello is rather cool I think. And well in keeping with the collective Rolling Stones family jamming with nearly everyone who's any good over the last 49/50 years.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: February 27, 2012 02:08

Be interesting to hear Keith's chops on Promised Land.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 27, 2012 02:12

jamesfdouglas
I assumed the title referred to Chuck Leavell.

Me too.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 27, 2012 02:13

ROPENI
Well according to the article,Keith only played one song with Elvis Costello,it seems weird to me that Paul Simon introduced Chuck Berry,instead of Keith,somehow imo that doesn't make sense,but who knows.....

Stones were blues progeny and Simon is a product of doo-wop pop. Berry is somewhere in between those spirits, I'd say. Maybe Keith and Chuck have had too many fights over the years - I'm still surprised Chuck wasn't invited to the St. Louis pay per view special in 1997.

Re: Keith and Chuck Berry on same stage today
Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: February 27, 2012 02:16

It seems that Chuck enjoyed their performance.

One happy guy <3

Getty images more photos

Date: February 27, 2012 02:21

Send It To me
ROPENI

Stones were blues progeny and Simon is a product of doo-wop pop. Berry is somewhere in between those spirits, I'd say. Maybe Keith and Chuck have had too many fights over the years - I'm still surprised Chuck wasn't invited to the St. Louis pay per view special in 1997.
I hear what you saying "Send It To me"but somehow at least to me,Keith and Chuck make more sense than Chuck and Paul Simon..

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: February 27, 2012 02:36

Date: February 27, 2012 02:51

MRambler
Soundcloud

58:00
I will leave it to the musicians on the board to give their take on this,but to me as just a fan,keith playing sounds like shit...

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:15

ROPENI
MRambler
Soundcloud

58:00
I will leave it to the musicians on the board to give their take on this,but to me as just a fan,keith playing sounds like shit...

not a musician, but, keith sounds like he really tried to copy chuck berry style. from 2008 grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:46

ROPENI

Keith and Elvis? Holy crap, my two favorites together. Would love to see or hear this. Know what song they played?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:52

There's something wonderful about Leonard Cohen paying tribute to Chuck Berry. Shows the breadth and scope of rock 'n' roll poetry and the vastness of the family that Chuck helped to create, which encompasses as divergent talent as Cohen, Costello, Simon, and Richards, all of whom put pen to paper, added guitar, and made magic as well as history.

Date: February 27, 2012 04:19

OMG its like all my favorites in one place! Even Salman Rushdie!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 27, 2012 04:29

71Tele
ROPENI

Keith and Elvis? Holy crap, my two favorites together. Would love to see or hear this. Know what song they played?
Promised Land

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 27, 2012 04:39

Honestly this sounds really really rusty. At times just plain bad, others pretty fun. Costello played and sang great but the guitars are in different tuning, so it doesn't quite match up (to my ears). Costello is great though, love the guy too.

Keith's guitar sounds EXACTLY like Chuck Berry's tone. Perfect. He played plenty of nice licks its just not impressive, and there's no drums for Keith to interact with.

Then again, look at the stage. Not a concert, just simple.

Nice to hear him play. Personally, I think he's good for atleast one gig.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: February 27, 2012 04:41

that made me sad.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 27, 2012 04:47

It's a pretty rough sounding recording. But Costello comes off very nicely...strong vocals and steady guitar work. Keith...a little rough around the edges (again). He seems just a bit unfamiliar with the changes...as easy as the song is. He tries to stick with rhythm but abandons it for the usual fills. A lot of reasons could factor for the off performance...nerves, playing on a guitar he's not used to and no rehearsal. Yes, how easy could this song be? Just trying to be fair.

With Keith's two performances in the last week, it really does not do much to improve my outlook on how this supposed new tour will pan out.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 27, 2012 05:11

Hmm, can't seem to access Soundcloud from Asia. And nothing on Youtube yet.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 27, 2012 05:35

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: February 27, 2012 05:43

I rather liked it!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 27, 2012 05:49

Isn't it wonderful, KR staying close to his beginning roots, not only staying close, but carrying it throughout his musical life. Here's to you, KR. Now, let's just compare that with Jagger doing a lame Miss you at the White House when he should have been doing a blues song from the boot LP Bright Lights Big City, or, the first Stones LP England's Newest.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2012 05:52

Hmmm...that was quite underwhelming.
I like Elvis, but Keith....? A bit sad really.sad smiley

Posted by: howled ()
Date: February 27, 2012 07:44

As a guitarist, I think Keith can still play well enough which is a bit surprising considering his arthritis.

There were times when Keith and Costello seemed to be in different keys but as a guitarist,what to look for is whether Keith can still hold the notes down with his arthritis and also Keith's rhythm and for a rough jam Keith passes on both accounts.

Some of these jams can be rough.

I've seen Billy Gibbons play totally out of key in one of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-27 07:45 by howled.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home