Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Vancouver 30 years ago!
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 2, 2019 07:57

Nov 1 and 2 saw my first Stones shows in Van at BC Place. First time the band was in town since opening the 72 tour here. So much excitement in the city, I remember the front page of the local papers had a pic of Mick saying Pleased To Meet You. Both shows sold out very quickly, 55000 each night.
Living Color was the opening act, not bad not great. Second night I was row 2 on the floor, pretty much center. Best seats I've ever had for any concert. I remember the heat when the flames came up at the beginning of the show.
Anyone else here see these shows? Man time sure flies!

Re: Vancouver 30 years ago!
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 2, 2019 17:02

Yes, my first concert ever was Montreal, Olympic Stadium, December 14th, 1989. Upper level seats, opposite to the stage.....

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 2, 2019 21:06

DGA35
Nov 1 and 2 saw my first Stones shows in Van at BC Place. First time the band was in town since opening the 72 tour here. So much excitement in the city, I remember the front page of the local papers had a pic of Mick saying Pleased To Meet You. Both shows sold out very quickly, 55000 each night.
Living Color was the opening act, not bad not great. Second night I was row 2 on the floor, pretty much center. Best seats I've ever had for any concert. I remember the heat when the flames came up at the beginning of the show.

I was there for both nights. Had great seats from CBS & backstage passes the first night. Didn't get to meet the Stones though but was able to hang with Vernon Reid. Great sets but sad in that it was the end of the more stripped down Stones. I'm glad I saw them in 1978 & twice in 1981.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: November 2, 2019 22:46

I saw this pair too, here are a few of my photographs from the second night:

Date: November 3, 2019 07:06

Nice pics. Were you a press photographer?

Posted by: curt ()
Date: November 3, 2019 08:07

DGA35

Thank you for the kind comment.
Not press, but I WAS shooting from the "press pit".

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 3, 2019 08:50

curt
DGA35

Thank you for the kind comment.
Not press, but I WAS shooting from the "press pit".

>grinning smiley<

I like it, like it, yes I do!

Thanks for starting this thread DGA35! Nice for me to hear memories of it, I’ve yet to see the stones here despite my 10 years in the city.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 3, 2019 14:59

crholmstrom
DGA35

I was there for both nights. Had great seats from CBS & backstage passes the first night. Didn't get to meet the Stones though but was able to hang with Vernon Reid. Great sets but sad in that it was the end of the more stripped down Stones. I'm glad I saw them in 1978 & twice in 1981.

I was also there for both nights. Cheap seats but great show, my first ever stones shows as well. Good memories and a great time of life!

Date: November 3, 2019 23:38

Hey Treacle, did you go to both 94 shows too? As well as 98 and 06? Hopefully one last time in 2020!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 5, 2019 06:15

Yea,, ,30 yrs already, I went to one of those shows Had a great time,liked the shirts.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: November 5, 2019 19:15

I was there also seeing them for my 2nd time live 1st was Seattle 81. I remember a story on the news of Mick loving the city and jogging the seawall early in the morning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home