Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck Leavell playing Muscle Shoals
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 4, 2019 18:29

Re: Chuck Leavell playing Muscle Shoals
Date: October 5, 2019 21:29

[www.theshoalstheatre.org]

Box office link, tickets go on sale October 15th

Date: October 14, 2019 19:40

My mistake!! Tickets are on sale now, the show is on Dec. 14th (don't know how I got that info so wrong smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 19:40 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2019 21:18

…..now now be nice ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 16, 2019 16:51

jumpontopofmebaby
who cares!!!!!!! lol

Music lovers, that's who. This guy has one of the longest resumes in rock music as a keyboard player. What you said is not something someone who loves music would say...

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: October 16, 2019 16:58

Headline is a little misleading. Leavell isn't playing in the studio Muscle Shoals or even in the city of Muscle Shoals.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 16, 2019 17:04

Just saw him with Mike Mills from REM and classical musician Robert McDuffie in Savannah on a short tour playing the music of Georgia. They were joined by a full rock band and a 15 piece string section from Mercer university (my alma mater).

Songs included "One Way Out", "Midnight Train To Georgia", "Rainy Night In Georgia", "Georgia On My Mind", "Hey Ya", "Losing My Religion" and "Jessica", among others. Very different, but most excellent.

I have tickets to see Chuck hosting a Capricorn Records reunion in Macon, featuring Jimmy Hall (Wet Willie and Jeff Beck), Taj Mahal, Marcus King, Randall Bramlett Band, Brent Cobb, Duane Betts, Jaimoe (Allman Brothers Band), and members of Blackberry Smoke and Widespread Panic, Should be fun.

Like his work with the Stones or not, this guy can play and is well-respected by world-class musicians.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 16, 2019 17:06

And he is one of the nicest guys I ever met!
Very kind, open, supportive, interested and thankful.

@jumpontopofmebaby: I'm sure, you never met him and just judge him from the well known 'plink-link'-fraction side from the distance.

Without him, the Stones would not be around anymore. They'd call it quits a long time ago. Keep that in mind.

Same for Ronnie Wood!

I hate that negativity, grumbling and grouching. This is a FAN SITEangry smiley

Date: October 16, 2019 17:11

Yes, I bumped into him at a local Lowe's the day after the tour postponement was announced. In fact, I've met him several times. Very nice, laid back guy.

We live kinda near each other - about 40 miles apart.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 16, 2019 17:27

If you had the opportunity to ask Chuck Leavell one question in a casual situation, what would it be? No need for the negative nancy's to chime in with the usual set list bashing. Please, serious responses only and not a technical question. Something that everyday Stones fans would like to know the answer to please. I may have the situation arise and want to come up with a good question. Thanks.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 16, 2019 18:35

keefmick
If you had the opportunity to ask Chuck Leavell one question in a casual situation, what would it be? No need for the negative nancy's to chime in with the usual set list bashing. Please, serious responses only and not a technical question. Something that everyday Stones fans would like to know the answer to please. I may have the situation arise and want to come up with a good question. Thanks.

Are you interviewing him?

Date: October 16, 2019 18:46

keefmick

Of all the musical settings you've played in, which did you enjoy most and why?

Variations could be who do you think was most talented, who did you learn the most from, etc.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 16, 2019 19:01

Roller99--no, I am not interviewing him, just may have the opportunity to chat with him for literally like 3 minutes

Elmo--thanks and excellent idea!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 16, 2019 19:22

jumpontopofmebaby
who cares!!!!!!! lol

Open application to be banned?

A rule of thump on IORR is the following:

If you do not have anything nice to say, and you do not care, then please do not post. It takes me less than a minute to close an account if I feel the comments are hate based. IORR is not FB.

Bjornulf

Date: October 16, 2019 19:27

keefmick
Roller99--no, I am not interviewing him, just may have the opportunity to chat with him for literally like 3 minutes

Elmo--thanks and excellent idea!

You're welcome.

My grammar wasn't very good. I guess it should be "Of all the musical settings in which you've played, ....

South Georgia, ya know...... drinking smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 16, 2019 21:35

Elmo Lewis
Just saw him with Mike Mills from REM and classical musician Robert McDuffie in Savannah on a short tour playing the music of Georgia. They were joined by a full rock band and a 15 piece string section from Mercer university (my alma mater).

Songs included "One Way Out", "Midnight Train To Georgia", "Rainy Night In Georgia", "Georgia On My Mind", "Hey Ya", "Losing My Religion" and "Jessica", among others. Very different, but most excellent.

I have tickets to see Chuck hosting a Capricorn Records reunion in Macon, featuring Jimmy Hall (Wet Willie and Jeff Beck), Taj Mahal, Marcus King, Randall Bramlett Band, Brent Cobb, Duane Betts, Jaimoe (Allman Brothers Band), and members of Blackberry Smoke and Widespread Panic, Should be fun.

Like his work with the Stones or not, this guy can play and is well-respected by world-class musicians.

Elmo! my wife and I had tix to see the 'Night of Georgia Music', in Asheville, but it was canceled. glad you got to that, very unique I'm sure.

I'd love to see that Capricorn Records reunion!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 17, 2019 02:55

micawber
And he is one of the nicest guys I ever met!
Very kind, open, supportive, interested and thankful.

@jumpontopofmebaby: I'm sure, you never met him and just judge him from the well known 'plink-link'-fraction side from the distance.

Without him, the Stones would not be around anymore. They'd call it quits a long time ago. Keep that in mind.

Same for Ronnie Wood!

I hate that negativity, grumbling and grouching. This is a FAN SITEangry smiley

I agree, Mick, Ronnie, Chuck pretty much direct the Rolling Stones there days.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 17, 2019 04:42

Elmo Lewis

We live in Sav. We wanted to go, but we were too bushed from work. Elmo, when is the Capricorn Show?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 17, 2019 21:02

Boognish
Headline is a little misleading. Leavell isn't playing in the studio Muscle Shoals or even in the city of Muscle Shoals.

Hey Boognish! Thx for Bringing this up, presents a perfect chance to explain:

Actually the Muscle Shoals studio isn't even in Muscle Shoals (it's in Sheffield), but people often refer to this entire area as "The Shoals" as it is made up of 4 different towns all blending into each other. Shoals Theater (where Leavell is playing) is technically in Florence, which is less than 2 minutes drive from Muscle Shoals Sound. When the Stones recorded here they recorded "at Muscle Shoals Sound, which is in Sheffield, while staying across the river in Florence." Fun huh!

In about a minute I can drive through Tuscumbia, Sheffield, and Muscle Shoals because their edges all blend, in fact I do this daily and half the time have to ask my passengers what town I'm in lol! (Muscle Shoals doesn't even have a downtown, mostly strip malls and neighborhoods).

As for my headline, Muscle Shoals is the most recognizable name (which is why many use it). When Jason Isbell just put on ShoalsFest (Mavis Staples, Sheryl Crow and Isbell) it was technically in Florence -- But "Florence Fest" probably wouldn't attract the way Shoals Fest does.

Thx for everyone's time, and come on down and visit smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-17 21:04 by snoopy2.

Date: October 17, 2019 22:04

Dec 2 or 3 . Can't remember. Check Chuck's site or Macon City Auditorium.

Date: October 18, 2019 16:24

If any of you come to the show in Macon, please let me know and we'll have a drink before the show.

The date is December 3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-18 16:24 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: October 19, 2019 00:07

stonesstein
Elmo Lewis

We live in Sav. We wanted to go, but we were too bushed from work. Elmo, when is the Capricorn Show?

Hi Stonestein, Are you a musician? I have a good friend Rick who lives in Savannah and teaches at SCAD. He is a great guitarist and is looking for people to play with... We have interviewed Chuck and he is a great guy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home