Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Still a Fool 1995
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: February 21, 2012 22:34

[youtu.be]

Anyone know what show this is from?

Re: Still a Fool 1995
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 21, 2012 22:44

Don't know but sounds damn good!

- Doxa

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 21, 2012 22:52

Doxa
Don't know but sounds damn good!

- Doxa

Indeed!

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: February 21, 2012 22:55

Paradiso, Amsterdam I'd guess.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 21, 2012 23:24

Yes...Amsterdam in May of 1995. You can find other great tracks played that day on VGP084 like Down In The Bottom and Jump On Top Of Me

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 06:54

That audience got a major treat that night. I envy them. I'd no idea they ever did STILL A FOOL live. Dark and gritty rendition.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:04

Yeah, the boot Foottappers and Wheelshunters Club Gig, is the entire show. It is cool. Mick talks about how they are taping it, and they are going to do some lesser known songs. They did a lot of great songs that night! Shine a Light, Live With Me, Rip This Joint, Meet Me in the Bottom, Jump on Top of Me, Respectable, It's All Over Now...whew what a night! I would have loved have been in Amsterdam for that show! Come on you fellow IORRs, tell us if you were there and give a review!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:01

whitem8
Yeah, the boot Foottappers and Wheelshunters Club Gig, is the entire show. It is cool. Mick talks about how they are taping it, and they are going to do some lesser known songs. They did a lot of great songs that night! Shine a Light, Live With Me, Rip This Joint, Meet Me in the Bottom, Jump on Top of Me, Respectable, It's All Over Now...whew what a night! I would have loved have been in Amsterdam for that show! Come on you fellow IORRs, tell us if you were there and give a review!

Not to mention The Spider And The Fly...
And those songs you mention there were much bigger treats in 1995 than they would be later in the decade, or in the 2000s...as we later got used to hearing songs like Shine a Light and Respectable during No Security and Licks. Amsterdam 1995 probably has the most spectacular setlist of any Rolling Stones concert, if going by the surprise factor of "songs not played live in ages"

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:31

Fvck me. I had a chance to fly out for that one too. please point me in the direction of a copy of this gig please.

Date: February 22, 2012 13:56

Awesome!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:22

Always loved it!
Hope they release like best of Paradiso shows or London and Paris from 95. A lot of great stuf!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:24

whitem8

a very strange recording, ain't it? lots of controversy over the origins of it...don't remember the final verdict, but i believe it was recorded by someone actually outside the venue, recording it off a monitor....other than this one song, mick's vocals tend to be very buried in the mix...

Date: February 23, 2012 22:21

A Vegas era concert is not in my wish list for archive releases, but I need to say that I wouldn't be too hurt if that Amsterdam 1995, and having that kind of material, would be released...

Did I actually say that? eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Date: February 23, 2012 22:25

Doxa
A Vegas era concert is not in my wish list for archive releases, but I need to say that I wouldn't be too hurt if that Amsterdam 1995, and having that kind of material, would be released...

- Doxa

This is a Vegas Era concert, but it was most definitely not a Vegas Era performance

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 24, 2012 04:58

Munichhilton
Doxa

- Doxa

This is a Vegas Era concert, but it was most definitely not a Vegas Era performance

I saw the Stones in Vegas on their last tour and it was such a great show, in the days following, a bunch of people who'd been there wrote on the internet, "I hope they release that show on CD." And I certainly agreed.

Date: February 24, 2012 05:33

Title5Take1
Munichhilton
Doxa

- Doxa

I saw the Stones in Vegas on their last tour and it was such a great show, in the days following, a bunch of people who'd been there wrote on the internet, "I hope they release that show on CD." And I certainly agreed.

Wasn't that the dead father show though?
That would be another example of Vegas era not Vegas performance...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 24, 2012 05:53

StonesTod
whitem8

a very strange recording, ain't it? lots of controversy over the origins of it...don't remember the final verdict, but i believe it was recorded by someone actually outside the venue, recording it off a monitor....other than this one song, mick's vocals tend to be very buried in the mix...

yes, you are right, it is weird. The sound seems to get better after a few songs, and Mick can be heard better, but yeah, it is strange. I never hear it was recorded outside from a monitor!? That would explain a lot. It is a great show though and they are all playing very well.

Date: February 24, 2012 10:08

Title5Take1
Munichhilton
Doxa

- Doxa

My argument against releasing Vegas era concerts basically is that those tours are officially documented rather well already by now. And the concept and sound of the band doesn't vary a lot from 1989 to 2007. The difference is in nuances. There might be some hotter nights than others, but releasing some extra hot regular show from this era does not much contribute to their legacy or give a new angle to them. But with pre-1989 stuff the difference between tours is remarkable and each has clearly an identity of its own. That deserves to be documented.

But then if there is some extraordinary gig that especially is an expection to a rule - like Amsterdam 95 - that might have a point to be get relaesed. With Atlantic City '89 my opinion is so-so... I rather would have a proper DVD release of that.

- Doxa

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 24, 2012 10:50

whitem8
StonesTod
whitem8

yes, you are right, it is weird. The sound seems to get better after a few songs, and Mick can be heard better, but yeah, it is strange. I never hear it was recorded outside from a monitor!? That would explain a lot. It is a great show though and they are all playing very well.

If somebody could make a scan of one of the pages of Basement News from the summer of 1995, and post it here.....
There's a photo of the big screen of which the show was broadcasted in a park in Amsterdam.....for all those who couldn't get tickets for the show.

Very good idea of Rolling Stones - broadcasting the show to the ones without tickets

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 24, 2012 11:26

>There's a photo of the big screen of which the show was broadcasted in a park in Amsterdam.....

Leidseplein -- not a park btw.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 24, 2012 14:12

That sounds @#$%& great !!

Love it, thanks.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: February 25, 2012 00:16

Keith recorded SAF few years later on Hubert Sumlin record "about them shoes" the same way. Mick is good in Stones version but Keith's version on vocal is fcukin masterpieces.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 25, 2012 01:15

Releasing ANY club show (even if it is from the Vegas era) ain't no crime. Paradiso or any other club show from '95 would be a solid choice for the Archive releases....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home