Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Crowd Sourcing Exile on Main Street
Posted by: cyoe ()
Date: September 23, 2019 19:51

I am working on the histories of several Rolling Stones Album Covers. I could use your help solving a few mysteries. First, can anyone the people in these Exile photos? Who are the two black men with the Stones? Second, does anyone know the date for the Los Angeles Times headline Bill Wyman is showing. It says "Father of 4 Aids Woman, Rescuer Stabbed." The Stones were in LA from December 1971 through March 1972. I scanned the headlines for those dates and did not find it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qWTEjw1lwGCQkg_PBWXGvsdrxP7BGeIk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vbI857BM8x8XIFu3zFUGDK23WOvJZUDQ

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-23 20:03 by cyoe.

Re: Crowd Sourcing Exile on Main Street
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2019 00:22

…. this is definitely a job for Sergeant Detective schillid …….

------------ [iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Date: September 24, 2019 02:52

Check out Schillid's thread. Answers ALL.

whoops - Rockman just said that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-24 02:53 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 24, 2019 03:08

sorry
not available
at this time.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2019 03:36

cyoe
Second, does anyone know the date for the Los Angeles Times headline Bill Wyman is showing. It says "Father of 4 Aids Woman, Rescuer Stabbed." The Stones were in LA from December 1971 through March 1972. I scanned the headlines for those dates and did not find it.

IIRC Dean Goodman was asking that same question some years ago here on IORR, pointing the actual date of that edition although not knowing if it was an early or late edition. I couldn't find that post and I also don't remember if the question remained unanswered.

Date: September 24, 2019 03:45

I finally found it, Feb 23, 1972. The Rescuer headline was not the final, a bus accident overtook it in the final edition making it harder to find. But I also found the two stories seen in the headlines. Thanks for the info.

Date: September 24, 2019 03:47

Sorry, I missed all of that. Sounds great. Looks like the author removed posts. Maybe that is for the best, friends and family think I am wasting my time, a thread with all the answers would have only confirmed it smiling smiley

Date: September 24, 2019 04:06

I am not a regular here and it looks like i am way late to the party. This is a for fun project for me. Looks like you are into something more substantive. IF I have anything you may not, you are welcome to it. If you prefer to do that offline cyoe1@verizon.net

Was cross checking videos to Google Earth, see they spent time on East 5th St. and Main, grabbed the articles for that newspaper headline. Stuff like that. 70-80% through Tattoo Parlor id's.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2019 04:20

Don't worry cyoe, it happens all the time! smiling smiley

Perhaps schillid's Historic CALIFORNIA 1972 Exile on Main Street also epic thread may be helpful for you, in case you did not see it yet.

Date: September 24, 2019 04:44

That thread has also been wrecked by Photobucket /account cancellation.

Date: September 24, 2019 13:40

Thank you, I had not.

Date: September 24, 2019 13:44

Schillid, I have nothing to offer you but my admiration on a great job, apparently well-done based on the remaining comments. I have a Beatles buddy who did fifty year anniversary stories for all the Beatles cover art. Writes for BeatlesFan, gets into it like you got into Exile. He wore me down so I decided to take an amateur's crack at the big four covers Beggars Banquet through Exile. It is fun to get into this stuff, but you are a pro, nice work, sorry I missed it.

Date: September 24, 2019 15:37

cyoe
Schillid, I have nothing to offer you but my admiration on a great job, apparently well-done based on the remaining comments. I have a Beatles buddy who did fifty year anniversary stories for all the Beatles cover art. Writes for BeatlesFan, gets into it like you got into Exile. He wore me down so I decided to take an amateur's crack at the big four covers Beggars Banquet through Exile. It is fun to get into this stuff, but you are a pro, nice work, sorry I missed it.

The link doesn't go to the main Exile cover thread which was classic IMO. It's a loss that Schillid's research and assembled work is no longer available here.

Date: September 24, 2019 16:39

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-19 03:11 by schillid.

Date: September 24, 2019 19:30

-----> Side story: NIXON In China

LA Times
Feb 23, 1972

"Wounds Not Serious"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-24 19:33 by schillid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home