Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Store
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 14, 2019 05:10

I seldom have anything negative to say regarding the Stones.. In fact, never.. But wtf!?

I ordered a lithograph poster from the 1981 tour (the one that says Tattoo You) and it is nothing like the current lithos, which are at least quality paper..

This litho is Cheap, cheap, cheap! In fact the photo is blurry and something I could have printed at home.. Did I mention it was $50?!

Ya, the t-shirts are way overpriced, but the quality of current shirts and lithos is at least somewhat decent.

But Mick, baby, take some time out from your busy schedule and weed out the old crap (and give me my $50 back!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-14 05:12 by snoopy2.

Re: Stones Store
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 14, 2019 06:33

That's a drag, snoopy2.

Is the one you ordered the "flash style variation" ?
I had looked at those and they seemed a little wonky to me..
[therollingstonesshop.com]

"The Tattoo You flash-style variation of the Rolling Stones tongue traces back to their performance at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. Most notably, the concept could be found on promotional materials for the show."

The "flash style" insinuates (to me anyway) that it's to mimic tattoo flash art, designed to be a little clunky and easy to draw on skin, perhaps attributing some to the fuzziness. Also noted that it was on "high quality photo paper" which would be thinner.. Regular lithos don't make that distinction.

If it is this one, I would see about returning it, if not this one.. never mind cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-14 06:34 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 15, 2019 22:38

There is an essence that the store is a rip off site according to people on FaceBook because - which I don't understand - the shirts are the same as the ones at the shows.

I won't ever order anything from it so I can't comment personally but the NFL Stones logo shirts are apparently disastrous and big orders are either wrong or never show up.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 16, 2019 00:29

I've never saw a really good quality Tattoo You Tongue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home