Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Knebworth 1990
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 25, 2019 22:29

This was my second concert, after The Who the year before. I was 14 years old, and went with my slightly older brother, who had won tickets. I can't remember much about the event, except being disappointed that Roger Daltrey wasn't there (my bootleg pirate t-shirt has him listed), Seeing two Welsh guys near to us in the crowd pissed out of their heads, and leaving a little into Pink Floyd's set, exhausted and uninterested.

Were you there? Any photos? Amy memories?

Re: OT: Knebworth 1990
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 25, 2019 23:50

peoplewitheyes
This was my second concert, after The Who the year before. I was 14 years old, and went with my slightly older brother, who had won tickets. I can't remember much about the event, except being disappointed that Roger Daltrey wasn't there (my bootleg pirate t-shirt has him listed), Seeing two Welsh guys near to us in the crowd pissed out of their heads, and leaving a little into Pink Floyd's set, exhausted and uninterested.

Were you there? Any photos? Amy memories?

I wasn't there but I remember a lot of it being broadcast on TV. Paul McCartney played. He'd only just resumed touring the previous year for the 1st time since Lennon's murder. Lots of big names of the time were there - Status Quo and Phil Collins spring to mind. Knebworth is a horrendously inaccessible venue with poor roads around it.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 25, 2019 23:54

My father bought the live album, he played it for some time: Clapton, Knopfler, McCartney, I also remember Tears for Fears.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 26, 2019 00:45

Wasn't there but quite the lineup: Elton John and Robert Plant WITH Jimmy Page are ones I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home