Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Ramones
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:03

I've just started getting into this band. Any Stones connections?

Re: OT: The Ramones
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:07

They did cover versions of Street Fighting Man and Out Of Time

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 21:04

What a fun band. Endless catchiness and melody from such a tiny musical arsenal. The economy of their sound was truly a thing of beauty.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 15, 2019 21:20

Date: August 15, 2019 21:26

All the Stones are alive, and all the Ramones are dead. Mind-blowing.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 15, 2019 21:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 21:46 by Boognish.

Date: August 15, 2019 21:57

Brian might disagree.

Date: August 15, 2019 22:04

Elmo Lewis
Brian might disagree.
Current Stones...

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:50

keefriff99
Elmo Lewis
Brian might disagree.
Current Stones...

The fact that all the current stones are alive is kind of obvious really eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 15, 2019 23:03

I can't help posting this modern classic, Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone
[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 15, 2019 23:07

JimmyShelter
keefriff99
Elmo Lewis
Brian might disagree.
Current Stones...

The fact that all the current stones are alive is kind of obvious really eye rolling smiley
Eh, nevermind. I botched that observation.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: August 15, 2019 23:40

keefriff99
JimmyShelter
keefriff99
Elmo Lewis
Brian might disagree.
Current Stones...

Sorry about that, between us we've lost your original observation which I found funny anyway smiling smiley

Love the Ramones btw.

I saw them at Manchester Apollo in 1979, my mates brother was with us and was jumping around for most of the songs, but stood dead still for others. When we asked him why he said "I didn't know those songs".

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 00:18

I read that The Ramones have sold more t shirts than albums! I think I've seen the Ramones t shirts for sale in Walmart along with several Beatles, Dark Side of the Moon, Stones tongues, AC/DC, etc.
Motorhead does an excellent song called Ramones!

Date: August 16, 2019 00:49

JimmyShelter
keefriff99
JimmyShelter
keefriff99
Elmo Lewis
Brian might disagree.
Current Stones...

Sorry about that, between us we've lost your original observation which I found funny anyway smiling smiley

Love the Ramones btw.

I saw them at Manchester Apollo in 1979, my mates brother was with us and was jumping around for most of the songs, but stood dead still for others. When we asked him why he said "I didn't know those songs".
It's just weird when you think of the Stones sordid drug history that only Brian and Stu have passed away (lots of other ancillary characters have died around them of course, but I'm talking about core bandmembers).

Mick, Keith, Charlie, Bill, MT, Ronnie...still alive and doing generally well, while three of the four original Ramones died within 3 years of each other (at 49, 50, and 55), and Tommy died 5 years ago at 65, and only Dee Dee died of a drug overdose.

Date: August 16, 2019 00:50

DGA35
I read that The Ramones have sold more t shirts than albums! I think I've seen the Ramones t shirts for sale in Walmart along with several Beatles, Dark Side of the Moon, Stones tongues, AC/DC, etc.
Motorhead does an excellent song called Ramones!
That's a great song!

Motörhead - R.A.M.O.N.E.S.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: August 16, 2019 13:09

Saw the Ramones in 1985 the first time they came to Argentina, nice and crazy show.

Argentina loves them, Dee Dee Ramones lived here for a long time with an argentinan girlfriend.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: August 16, 2019 13:56

they toured relentlessly ....I saw them 15 times between 1983-1994...Always great..Pick up ''The Story of the Ramones" by Everett True...Cover's there whole career....A Fine Read..

Date: August 16, 2019 15:40

Really Elmo? You waited a while...
What is remarkable about their tale, and that care-free, brothers-in-rock image that they presented, they were lightyears from that.
They did not get along well at all. The rift between Johnny and Joey started fairly early, and only worsened with time. Johnny was also a staunch Republican, but in a strange twist he was also the strongest supporter of their care free image and music. Johnny was the only Ramone I did not know fairly well. Mind you, this was way back in the day. They used to compete with themselves to see how much shorter, and faster they could do their set.

I think their first 4 albums are 5 stars all the way.

Date: August 16, 2019 16:57

Palace Revolution 2000
Really Elmo? You waited a while...
What is remarkable about their tale, and that care-free, brothers-in-rock image that they presented, they were lightyears from that.
They did not get along well at all. The rift between Johnny and Joey started fairly early, and only worsened with time. Johnny was also a staunch Republican, but in a strange twist he was also the strongest supporter of their care free image and music. Johnny was the only Ramone I did not know fairly well. Mind you, this was way back in the day. They used to compete with themselves to see how much shorter, and faster they could do their set.

I think their first 4 albums are 5 stars all the way.

I know, right? And I was 16 in 1977!

That said, I was growing up in a very small (pop. 300) southern town with no real rock station (much less punk) in our area. I read about The Ramones (Hit Parader, Creem, RS, etc.), but as Billy Joel says "you can't get the sound from a story in a magazine".

I have been enjoying them on Little Steven's Underground Garage on SiriusXM.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: August 16, 2019 20:01

I saw The Ramones live in concert in 1993. They were a good live band,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home