Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
East Rutherford #1 show 1-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2019 17:02

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones No Filter show at Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ (near NYC) USA on Thursday August 1, 2019.

Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Please send your comments, reviews, links and more to: iorr@arena.no

Editorial reports from the show will be published here:

The Rolling Stones - Metlife Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ (near NYC) USA - Thursday August 1, 2019

Song vote:

East Rutherford NJ 1 Song Vote

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the thread:

East Rutherford NJ USA (near NYC) 2019 travel and show info

The Rolling Stones are expected on stage around 9:20pm EDT (Eastern Time). For time zone info please see:

[www.timeanddate.com]

IORR 2019 tour links:

No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019

Bjornulf

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 21:52 by bv.

Re: East Rutherford #1 show 1-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 1, 2019 17:05

Re: East Rutherford #1 show 1-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: August 1, 2019 17:10

Pop-up-Store with Stones-Merchandise

26 July - 13 August 2019 · New York City · Corner of 5th Ave./58th St. (3rd Floor) -- [iorr.org] :

[www.Instagram.com] -- Short Video about the items: [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 17:40 by Irix.

Date: August 1, 2019 17:15

Official T-Shirt & Poster:

"The Empire State Building is a 102-story Art Deco skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. The Empire State Building stood as the world's tallest building for nearly 40 years."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com]

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 19:15 by Irix.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 17:24

They had 2 different posters for the Chicago shows, correct?

assuming the same for NY?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 17:37

stickyfingers101

I would imagine so if the date's on the poster. The only multiple shows venue I remember in recent years with the same poster for all was Paris 2 years ago, when they did 3 shows. I was at all 3 but didn't get one, or any other merch.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 1, 2019 18:55

Maybe the second will feature New Jersey where they are playing.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: August 1, 2019 19:29

stickyfingers101

they haven't turned down a chance for more $$$ lately so doubt they will start in NY. 2 different ones is solid bet. Just wish L fit me better... M too small spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2019 20:05

Exciting, have a great time everyone! smiling smiley
I plan on tuning in somehow some way from the west coast!

Fantastic poster and amongst the best so far - the only thing missing is Grregory the gorilla!

Rokyfan
Maybe the second will feature New Jersey where they are playing.

Agree, but I can't think of anything truly remarkable about New Jersey that could be used for the design. lol (half joking...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 20:11 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 1, 2019 20:48

Love this litho..
Tee looks good but looking forward to seeing the litho in person.
Tough to travel with but this one is tempting..

Have a blast everyone going!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 21:07

Will head over from Penn Station at about 3pm-ish.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: August 1, 2019 22:02

No shadow, no possibilities to get sth to eat or drink outside the stadium. Nothing! Now I'm at the Racetrack about 1,5 km away where you have airconditioning, Food and drinks.

Lucky Dip opens at 6 pm

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2019 22:08

For those who need a place to eat or drink near the Metlife Stadium I just found this place. They seems to be open until 2am after the show, and they have a shuttle that takes you from their parking to the venue. I just walk from there, as it is just 20 minutes walk from the stadium. Draft beer at 3.50 half liter (yes, that's what they call it, just like home).

Redd's Restaurant & Biergarten
Redds Restaurant
317 Washington Ave
Carlstadt, NJ 07072
OPEN EVERYDAY
11am – 2am

Bjornulf

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 1, 2019 22:10

First view from the inside of the stadium

Jean Chatzky, Twitter

We are SO ready to rock tonight, along with @alincome, sole sponsor of The Rolling Stones 2019 “No Filter” U.S. Tour! Thrilled to be partnered with an organization that’s helping millions of people retire with confidence!

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 22:11

Hopping on the NJ transit train in my hometown at 5:45 and making the transfer in Secaucus to the Stadium! Can't wait to see the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world for the 3rd time tonight!!!!!!! Hope everyone that's going enjoys the show!!!smileys with beersmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 1, 2019 22:15

Lol a Stones tour sponsored by an organisation helping people to retire with confidence spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 1, 2019 22:24

Sadly I’ll be watching from home. Hope it’s a great show - it will make my seething jealously and bitter resentment worth it. grinning smiley

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 1, 2019 22:56

Right now on ticketmaster 3:30 pm EST there are standard price tickets available not resale not stub hub or vivid. Here is some of the shithouse flex pricing they have.

section row seat price
142 25 8 $399.50 limited view
142 29 8 $399.50 limited view
142 20 18 $149.50 limited view

now section 110 directly across from 142 (Kieth side of stage)

section row seat price
110 34 15 $99.50 limited veiw
110 28 12 $99.50 limited view

Somebody please explain the logic Im baffled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 22:58 by virgil.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 1, 2019 23:30

SomeTorontoGirl
Sadly I’ll be watching from home. Hope it’s a great show - it will make my seething jealously and bitter resentment worth it. grinning smiley

Heh Toronto, did you go to Burl's creek?

Date: August 1, 2019 23:41

EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl

Yes. But that is hollow succour tonight. sad smiley

Date: August 1, 2019 23:47

SomeTorontoGirl
EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl

Yes. But that is hollow succour tonight. sad smiley

I do know what you mean but have to say, I am still buzzing from it and your fair City...5 weeks ago now I was arriving at Union Station on the UP.....(got all the lingo too......grinning smiley

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 2, 2019 00:06

Rehearsals: T.dice and Rainbow

Date: August 2, 2019 00:11

EddieByword
I do know what you mean but have to say, I am still buzzing from it and your fair City...5 weeks ago now I was arriving at Union Station on the UP.....(got all the lingo too......grinning smiley

You’ve got it down pat Eddie, glad you enjoyed it! I need another fix soon...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 2, 2019 00:22

falo01

this comes hardly as a surprise…
(Rainbow is a rather poor song vote choice – especially since the use some pre-recorded stuff on that song)

Date: August 2, 2019 00:23

SomeTorontoGirl
EddieByword

You’ve got it down pat Eddie, glad you enjoyed it! I need another fix soon...

ahhh funny......smiling smiley .......I'm working on Miami now I've managed to get a visa (what a hassle that was - I had to go for an interview in Belfast due to a bit of weed when I was 16 ('76)...eye rolling smiley.....I told them, Keith has a bigger crim rec than me...............not sure yet though (whether I can do it..............(I didn't bother telling them I did sneak in for a few minutes already, on the Maid of the Mist, when it went right up to the American Falls at Niagara......(I sensed a sense of humour failure so kept schtum.......
Good luck if you've got plans........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 00:32 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Prodigalson ()
Date: August 2, 2019 00:39

On the Jersey Transit train to the Meadowlands,let’s get on!!!
Pumped up to the max.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: August 2, 2019 00:48

It’s a hot one for sure! Enjoy everyone.

Date: August 2, 2019 00:56

slewan
falo01

(Rainbow is a rather poor song vote choice – especially since the use some pre-recorded stuff on that song)

How do you know that Matt isn't playing it?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 2, 2019 00:58

DandelionPowderman
slewan
falo01

the uuhlalauhlala-part??

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 2, 2019 01:10

slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
falo01

the uuhlalauhlala-part??

To my ears it's not played to a track. Sasha and Bernard cover that part, with maybe a slight chorus effect(on the Honk live version). I'm guessing for the rest of the sounds Chuck plays the harpsichord part and Matt Clifford covers the orchestral parts, but I'm not sure.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home