Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536
Current Page: 36 of 36
Re: Mick Jagger live at The White House Feb 21
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: March 10, 2012 09:28

superrevvy
NY Post: Mick Jagger showed off his moves yet again on the dance floor at
Meatpacking hot spot Double Seven. The Rolling Stones legend got into a friendly
dance-off with ex-Eurythmics star Dave Stewart on Wednesday night.

Dave just tweeted this: bruce was great tonight at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem
whole e-street band were amazing , an unstoppable force twitpic.com/8ubi3k

was mick there too?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 10, 2012 19:27

This interview with Warren Haynes really needs to be in both threads, this and the Sumlin tribute:

[www.relix.com]

You had quite an extraordinary few weeks in February. You performed for the President, actually you performed with the President and then a few days later you appeared at the Apollo Theater for the Hubert Sumlin memorial benefit. This meant that you played with both Keith Richards and Mick Jagger over the course of a few days. Let’s start with the Red, White, and Blues event at the White House. How did that came about and what that was like?

We got a call one day saying that this was supposed to happen and would we be available? Absolutely. Which wound up for me—I don’t know what you know about my schedule that week—but I went from the Grammy thing which became ten days in L.A.—to being in San Francisco for rehearsals and that webcast with Phil. Then we did the four days in Denver with three shows. It would have been easier for me if I had just gone to D.C. for the next three days but I had a commitment in L.A. on the 20th. So I went to D.C. on the 19th for the rehearsal for the White House, back to L.A. to the 20th, and back to D.C. on the 21st. But I would never have turned down such a wonderful opportunity. I was extremely honored to be part of it and I thought it turned out great. I had to miss one day of rehearsal but I thought the whole experience was amazing.

Did you know the President was going to sing “Sweet Home Chicago” or did that come up spontaneously?

That was totally spontaneous. That was Buddy Guy. As the President was about to leave, he said “We heard you sing Al Green. You gotta sing with us.” And the President was going, “No, no, no” and Buddy’s going, “Come on, come on, you can do it!” He was genuinely not prepared to do it. It wasn’t planned. And he genuinely was saying, “No!” and Buddy was like, “Come on!” Then finally Mick Jagger gave him his mic and there was nothing he could do, so he had to sing. But that was totally impromptu.

There’s a moment, before he does it where Michelle Obama rolls her eyes as if to say, “here we go again…”

That’s right. That was all real.

There’s also a video of you performing by yourself in the White House. How did that come about and where exactly are you?

In one of the other rooms earlier in the day. They asked me if I would do something by myself and I said sure. So I chose “River’s Gonna Rise” because it’s kind of a political statement. And the way it all comes across is that the President is introducing me.

Did you have any interaction with the President in that setting?

In this case, it was just the show itself and everybody had their picture taken with him and all that stuff. But I’ve been very fortunate to have been there four or five times.

And Mick Jagger, that was the first time you performed with him, correct?

That was a first. That was the first time for me playing with Mick Jagger and with Jeff Beck. Then two nights later at the Apollo for the Hubert Sumlin tribute, I played again with Eric Clapton and Billy Gibbons as well as with Keith Richards for the first time. So I played with Mick and Keith in a three day period, both of whom I had never played with before.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 10, 2012 22:03

superrevvy
superrevvy
Meatpacking hot spot Double Seven. The Rolling Stones legend got into a friendly

Dave just tweeted this: bruce was great tonight at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem
whole e-street band were amazing , an unstoppable force twitpic.com/8ubi3k

was mick there too?
Don't think Mick was there. But Dave is right. Bruce was great last night.

Date: March 11, 2012 02:31

superrevvy

L'Wren: Moon over Paris tonight pic.twitter.com/Av8WXQDD

Now L'Wren is out and about in London with friends and apparently without
Mick tweeting stuff like this:

"It seems every time Picasso had a new lover his style evolved."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2012 03:02

It seems every time Picasso had a new lover his style evolved."

Yeah well that's like pretty true ... another lady on the tip of every new brush

ROCKMAN

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 20:21

He looked great! Can't wait to see the Stones live again!

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: March 12, 2012 04:13

L,Wren photo is at the Wolsley restaurant in London. No date or credit??

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: March 12, 2012 19:58

It looks like she's just holding up her arm, shooting it with a camera phone or whatever you call those newfangled gadgets.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 13, 2012 03:48

superrevvy
it starts off with a surreal self-portrait of yours truly
and ends with a photo of me relaxing with a book in my backyard. the
soundtrack is joss stone featuring jeff beck "parallel lines"

]

Nice work revvy, some pretty cool art ya got there. Especially enjoyed the backyard with a book photo. I guess I'll have to call first before stoppin' by.....peace

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 15, 2012 12:54

Very good performance by Mick. I liked especially "commit a crime". Only the harmonica playing on Miss You indeed sounded pedestrian. We all know he's able to do much better than that.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 20, 2012 02:56

Jagger is the best when it comes to live shows,noone can touch him.I hope the stones go on tour in 2013 and claim their title back with respect.
LONG LIVE THE STONES,THEY WAY OF LIFE. ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 21, 2012 15:44

Naturalust
superrevvy
it starts off with a surreal self-portrait of yours truly
and ends with a photo of me relaxing with a book in my backyard. the
soundtrack is joss stone featuring jeff beck "parallel lines"

]

Nice work revvy, some pretty cool art ya got there. Especially enjoyed the backyard with a book photo. I guess I'll have to call first before stoppin' by.....peace

Is Germany the only country where you can't see all those videos?
Makes me angry again and again . .

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:22

Since the White House gig I've been hearing MISS YOU played a ton on the radio (in S. Calif). Almost like it's a new hit single. So that's one consequence of Mick playing MISS YOU at the White House.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 4, 2012 00:43

mrs O did not like the TelePrompTer joke, right?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 25, 2012 16:21

LISTEN: Obama on Jagger
Back in Febuary, Mick Jagger led a blues performance at the White House featuring Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy, Booker T. Jones and other musicians. What President Obama enjoyed almost as much as the show itself was watching Jagger rehearsing the night before. "It was really nice to watch him just trying to work through the numbers with the house band, treating them with respect, and caring about the music," Obama told Rolling Stone editor and publisher Jann S. Wenner during an interview in early April in the Oval Office.

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

"Mr. Obama recalled watching singer Mick Jagger rehearse for his appearance during a February White House tribute to the blues and was impressed by the respect the Rolling Stones frontman displayed toward lesser-known and younger musicians. He said Jagger recalled the generosity he had experienced upon meeting blues greats like Howlin' Wolf and B.B. King, and displayed "the sense of him wanting to do that same thing, that it all comes full circle."
[www.cbsnews.com]

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 25, 2012 17:09

It does not surprise me. Mick has lots of class.

Date: April 25, 2012 17:12

cool news items, mary, thanks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536
Current Page: 36 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home