Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 36
Re: Mick Jagger to perform at The White House Feb 21
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 24, 2012 22:24

sweetcharmedlife
EddieByword
sweetcharmedlife

You are a complete idiot. Your figured all that out with a facial expression? Give me an effing break. Michelle Obama is probably the greatest first lady we have ever had. Could you possibly be any more racisct if you tried?

As I said earlier in the thread my original post was a joke
Maybe with a couple more edits,you can finally be funny.

As Mick said in 1978 when he was accused of being a racist, "if you can't take a joke..............tough"....

and please, don't talk to me about racism, I'm Welsh.........a race subjected to appalling abuse by everyone that invaded here since before the romans .....only since the 1940's (and the introduction of a health service instigated by a Welshman) has life expectancy risen above 40 years...........they were worked so hard by their English masters in the mines and tin/steel works..................

I made a post.........
You responded as though I was serious.......
I explained it was a joke.......
Whether you liked the joke or not is not the point......you called it wrong
If you were half the man you seem to think you are you would pay up and FO..........

but to reiterate Mick's words ......."if you can't take a joke..............tough"....

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 11:32 by EddieByword.

Re: Mick Jagger live at The White House Feb 21
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 24, 2012 22:26

mickschix
Mick's crooked nose?? Now I've heard everything! And if it were MORE crooked ( which implies it was crooked BEFORE!?) that would affect his voice!? OMG! I do think someone earlier was on to something when they said that in order for Mick to project in larger stadiums, he alters his tone somewhat, thus the more nasal sounding voice but the NOSE more CROOKED!? Yikes!
You know, people with crooked nose have a "good nose" for money yawning smiley))

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2012 22:46

You know, people with crooked nose have a "good nose" for money

.....so your sayin' Steven Fry should give up acting and turn banker?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 24, 2012 23:32

schillid

wow schillid honey - very concrete! very

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 24, 2012 23:36

with sssoul
wow schillid honey - very concrete! very
schillid

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 25, 2012 00:14

Hahaha...No American who makes a sickening statement that they were NEVER "proud" of their country during the first forty years of their lives could ever be the "greatest" at anything...

Not too mention I find her "smile" to be quite repulsive... smoking smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 25, 2012 01:19

mickschix
Mick's crooked nose?? Now I've heard everything! And if it were MORE crooked ( which implies it was crooked BEFORE!?) that would affect his voice!? OMG! I do think someone earlier was on to something when they said that in order for Mick to project in larger stadiums, he alters his tone somewhat, thus the more nasal sounding voice but the NOSE more CROOKED!? Yikes!

Possibly Charlie punched him in the nose again?

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: February 25, 2012 02:23

Confusious say " Man with crooked nose smell dogshit around the corner"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 25, 2012 10:27

mtaylor

You know, people with crooked nose have a "good nose" for money yawning smiley))

That is to say?
I am not sure of what you mean hereconfused smiley

Date: February 25, 2012 10:37

I was able to watch only two songs on You Tube from my cell but both Jagger's voice and performance seems great!
I just have wished that may be he acted more "natural " since the stage was small.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 25, 2012 10:43

SwayStones
I was able to watch only two songs on You Tube from my cell but both Jagger's voice and performance seems great!
I just have wished that may be he acted more "natural " since the stage was small.

If you skip teh opener number - "Can' Turn You Loose" - which goes way over the top in any sense, he actually does that. Especially "Commit A Crime" is not nice just to listen but to watch for Jagger's 'minimalsim' too.thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:27

I loved Jagger's performance. I think he sounded really great. It is true that it is very uncommon to see him out of breath between the numbers and I really can not tell whether it is because he was so nervous (that would be really sweet in a way, I mean, he is such a big personality and he would be still able to get that nervous. Very "human") or whether the performance was so physicaly demandig for him (that would be more than understood, most more than twenty years younger people would not be able to chatch their breath). But as soon as he starts to sing, he breathes fine :-). Anyway - nice prformance and nice selection of songs.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 25, 2012 18:44

i really liked this lil ol blues show.....Mick singing...was so honest..i loved it
the out of breath thing--------mentioned by some people.
I have bootlegs and recordings from the 60 ties that everybody on this...fan club has in their colection to.......On Honolulu 1968...you can hear Jagger out of breath......thats just one excample....To tell you the truth...its sounds like someone who gives it all!!...thats good! I liked Keith...i do think Jeff Beck has to join the guys

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 25, 2012 18:53

Doxa
I can't stop watching that "Commit A Crime"... it is a long time since I've heard that kind of old riff rock blues sounding so good. Jagger and Beck are perfect partners in crime. The edge in Jag's voice, the meanness in Jeff's guitar. I think no any British singer or guitar player of that generation could suited better there than those two. Both of them as strong as ever, defying the age. Can't think anyone else doing that thing better now (2012). Jagger is actually cool. He has left all the aerobics, finger pointings and other embarassing peter pan trademarks out, and just concentrates on the delivery, moves naturally to music while communicates wonderfully with Beck. Simply stunning. Edgy and mean stuff, indeed.

- Doxa

"Commit A Crime" is great, indeed. I like to watch the interaction between Mick and Jeff, it is clear that they both enjoy to play together.
I'd like to see Jagger in a gig with a good guitar player with whom he has a normal, harmonious relationship
I hope that after all the anniversaries and everything connected with that,it will be possible

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 25, 2012 18:56

proudmary
I'd like to see Jagger in a gig with a good guitar player with whom he has a normal, harmonious relationship

LOL, and who would that be ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 25, 2012 19:20

Rolling Hansie
proudmary

What is your irony about exactly? Why - LOL?
I've read an interview with Jagger recently - somebody posted it here on this board - and Mick says it is impossible to be on stage and make music with someone you do not have a harmonious relationship.
Who could be that guitar player - dunno the choice is great, I think many would like to play with Jagger. But why not to start with Beck, they did good at WH

I think I clearly said - after the Stones anniversary in whatever form this anniversary will take place. So you have no reason to feel offended by my disrespect and antipathy to Richards (I know, you see it in all my posts)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 19:41 by proudmary.

Date: February 25, 2012 20:30

Doxa
SwayStones

If you skip teh opener number - "Can' Turn You Loose" - which goes way over the top in any sense, he actually does that. Especially "Commit A Crime" is not nice just to listen but to watch for Jagger's 'minimalsim' too.thumbs up

- Doxa

Hi Doxa !

I've been listening to the whole show .As you wrote on another post ,
Doxa
Got a chance finally to watch it. Not surprsingly it was not a disapponmentgrinning smiley

With "Can't Turn You Loose" Jagger continued from where he left us in Grammys last year. Yeah, funny to see him so nervous. He went not just out of breathe but but of energy even during the song, and he needed to lower his register in last part to survive. So human! But from the base of the opener I was afraid that we are going to see another soulless Peter Pan show that has only the point: "look how much energy I have, how good shape physically I am".

But fortunately he left that role almost altogether and concentrated on music thereafter. Damn it was great to hear him singing blues with a competent guitar player! No damn stupid posing, just delivering the goods: "Commit A Crime" was simply phenomenal.

Then "Miss You". I thought "on no that again" but damn Mick proved me wrong. Really wonderful version of the song, and it fitted surprisingly well to the theme of the evening. Jagger actually put much effort on his singing. Yeah, his voice is rather thin these days, but damn he uses it might fine if he really wants to. It was wonderful to realize - once again - that that Jagger guy is actually a great singer. The harmonica part is actually one of the greatest instrument contributions he has ever done. Surprisingly musical and soulful.

"Five Long Years" was a great extra. Jagger sounded relaxed and confident by then. I guess knowing his perfectionism it must have been a thrill to share the stage with musicians who are are actually playing music and not jut posing and enjoying the limelight. Also Buddy Guy sounded seemngly less lost than he did in SHINE A LIGHT.

I also liked Jagger's talks. He has a class and sense of realism, and like always, a great deal of self-irony.

- Doxa

I disliked "Can't turn you Loose ".
Nothing to do with the Otis song .
My fave is of course "Five Long Years " ,here was again the Jagger we enjoyed with Muddy Waters at the Checkerboard.

I liked the surprisingly version of Miss You .

elunsi
I don´t think he was so nervous. Why would he be? Just because of the president? His little speech also seemed calm and relaxed. Out of breath, yes, but to me he doesn´t seem to be nervous, at least not so much that it causes breathlessnes.

+ 1

Jagger isn't the kind to be nervous in front of anyone, who ever this person can be .

What bothers me is to see people sitting quietly and clapping hands while the best frontman performs on the stage .I do know it's called "protocole "but I just don't get it.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 25, 2012 20:34

mick said in the wash post that he was not nervous. "a gig is a gig" is what
he said. in response to questions, he never even said he thought it was an honor
to play for the president. an honor to play with those musicians, yes. on
an international stage, yes. an honor to play for a politician, no.

when it comes to careful and clever parsing, mick jagger wrote the book.

mick even got away with (hilariously) calling the president "courageous" for
his singing, as opposed to anything else he's done with his presidency.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 20:39 by superrevvy.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 25, 2012 20:42

proudmary
Rolling Hansie
proudmary

I've read an interview with Jagger recently - somebody posted it here on this board - and Mick says it is impossible to be on stage and make music with someone you do not have a harmonious relationship.
Who could be that guitar player - dunno the choice is great, I think many would like to play with Jagger. But why not to start with Beck, they did good at WH

I think I clearly said - after the Stones anniversary in whatever form this anniversary will take place. So you have no reason to feel offended by my disrespect and antipathy to Richards (I know, you see it in all my posts)

Jaggers second solo album "Primadonna Crap"..eh sorry Primitive Cool with Jeff Becky already speaks for itself. - Let´s Work, huh ? - Now that´s another Gimme Shelter, right ??

Instead of Jerky Becky - I would like to see Brenda Jagger on stage with a dirty old white blues man who wrote "Gimme Shelter" and who can still kick Micks ass, instead of having some slick metal hard rock guitars like Biff Jeck who already has done one crappy album with him. He needs Keef -real songwriter to work with. You have no reason to feel offended by my disrespect and antipathy to Keef bashers. For Keith is the guy who wrote Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter and more than half of the greatest rock roll songs of all time. I mean what has Jeff Becky written - oh yeah crap, that´s it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 20:44 by seitan.

Date: February 25, 2012 22:14

proudmary
Doxa
I can't stop watching that "Commit A Crime"... it is a long time since I've heard that kind of old riff rock blues sounding so good. Jagger and Beck are perfect partners in crime. The edge in Jag's voice, the meanness in Jeff's guitar. I think no any British singer or guitar player of that generation could suited better there than those two. Both of them as strong as ever, defying the age. Can't think anyone else doing that thing better now (2012). Jagger is actually cool. He has left all the aerobics, finger pointings and other embarassing peter pan trademarks out, and just concentrates on the delivery, moves naturally to music while communicates wonderfully with Beck. Simply stunning. Edgy and mean stuff, indeed.

- Doxa

"Commit A Crime" is great, indeed. I like to watch the interaction between Mick and Jeff, it is clear that they both enjoy to play together.
I hope that after all the anniversaries and everything connected with that,it will be possible

This kind of scenario occurred to my mind also. Perhaps it would be better to not have new members to the old Stones in the middle of this all anniversary hassle - let us all us enjoy the last grand finale no matter what condition the princeples are - but when that is finally dead and gone (next year or something) it could be wonderful to see what Jagger could do with 'still kicking' people like Beck. Jagger said he had made some blues songs with Charlie. Probably he could ask Beck to join them, and see where it could lead. A great Mick Jagger blues album. Then some touring...

The point in my speculation is that Jagger's musical interaction with Beck was so stunning that I would love to see that more. Both of them sounded so strong and competent - and no any excuses of age, or anything were needed: the music did the talking. Can't recall when was the last time a live Jagger made me such a big impression.

Besides, I don't think Jagger would ever destroy the commercial appeal of The Stones by playing 'just the blues'. No, the Stones is was horses/hit music, and I think Jagger never would make any compromises with that if he decides to play under that name. He knows their market/audience. But as a solo artist he could do anything. Like he has done lately.

- Doxa

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 25, 2012 22:17

seitan
proudmary
Rolling Hansie
proudmary

Jaggers second solo album "Primadonna Crap"..eh sorry Primitive Cool with Jeff Becky already speaks for itself. - Let´s Work, huh ? - Now that´s another Gimme Shelter, right ??

Instead of Jerky Becky - I would like to see Brenda Jagger on stage with a dirty old white blues man who wrote "Gimme Shelter" and who can still kick Micks ass, instead of having some slick metal hard rock guitars like Biff Jeck who already has done one crappy album with him. He needs Keef -real songwriter to work with. You have no reason to feel offended by my disrespect and antipathy to Keef bashers. For Keith is the guy who wrote Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter and more than half of the greatest rock roll songs of all time. I mean what has Jeff Becky written - oh yeah crap, that´s it.

In my opinion, Jeff could never replace the Keith we remember, respect and love. I can't imagine him playing "Honky Tonk", "Rambler", etc. He's also moody and notoriously erratic. He just recently canceled two sold out gigs in NY because of "delays in recording his new CD". At best, he could sit in at select gigs for a number or two, but I think even that's a stretch. I will say that, although he hits his share of clinkers, he's still got it and he always brings a smile to my face, unlike Keith's recent outings, scarce as they've been. Jeff has never been able to write songs, and he'll be the first to admit it. This has hampered his career (again, my opinion) but he breathes new life into the songs of others, e.g. "A Day In The Life". Keith/Jeff = Apples/Oranges.

Date: February 25, 2012 22:42

seitan
proudmary
Rolling Hansie
proudmary

I think you a bit too romantic here, seitan. Keith is not any longer the guy who wrote "Gimme Shelter" or "Satisfaction". I don't think Keith has inspired or 'kicked' Jagger for some 30 years now. Jagger's best songs are done as far as possible from Keith - "Evening Gown", "Saint of Me", "Out of Control", etc - and of Keith's songs that Jagger fhas finished - write them melodies - aren't many one could call any way memorable Stones tunes (start counting from the album you love so much, UNDERCOVER). And no matter how we love Keith's touch as guitarist, and his achievements in that area, playing wonderful guitar is not exactly his trademark any longer.

But Jeff Beck is as good as he has ever been. As a guitarist. As a hired gun. Probably not so magnificient as he once were, but like Jagger - damn competent still in his own area: as a guitarist who has a signature sound. One can have any opinions about his style (I don't like it actually very much) but within that he has not degenerated. Of his own generation players, I think he is survived best. A Jagger of guitar. Even Clapton is respected old man we all listen our hats off, and we don't even mention our Stones heroes - Keef, Wood, Taylor - here. But put those two damn peterpans together, like in the white House, and we will look that our mouths open... Maybe that's what I want: bring together the last men of the greatest rock and roll generation ever who are still proudly standing... Not dead and history yet! Still delivering the goods so goddamn fine!

PRIMITIVE COOL? Beck was a hired gun who he did his things to Jagger's songs then. If Jagger comes now with more bluesier material, a'la "Commit a Crime"...

- Doxa

Date: February 25, 2012 23:14

proudmary
my disrespect and antipathy to Richards

LOL again ... now you say it yourself

-------------------

Date: February 25, 2012 23:27

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
my disrespect and antipathy to Richards

LOL again ... now you say it yourself

Lost in Translation.
You can continue to impute to me all you want

Date: February 25, 2012 23:53

Doxa
proudmary
Doxa

- Doxa

This kind of scenario occurred to my mind also. Perhaps it would be better to not have new members to the old Stones in the middle of this all anniversary hassle - let us all us enjoy the last grand finale no matter what condition the princeples are - but when that is finally dead and gone (next year or something) it could be wonderful to see what Jagger could do with 'still kicking' people like Beck. Jagger said he had made some blues songs with Charlie. Probably he could ask Beck to join them, and see where it could lead. A great Mick Jagger blues album. Then some touring...

The point in my speculation is that Jagger's musical interaction with Beck was so stunning that I would love to see that more. Both of them sounded so strong and competent - and no any excuses of age, or anything were needed: the music did the talking. Can't recall when was the last time a live Jagger made me such a big impression.

Besides, I don't think Jagger would ever destroy the commercial appeal of The Stones by playing 'just the blues'. No, the Stones is was horses/hit music, and I think Jagger never would make any compromises with that if he decides to play under that name. He knows their market/audience. But as a solo artist he could do anything. Like he has done lately.

- Doxa

Wait and see, maybe it will happen. In any case, Mick said that although he has written many songs, he is not going to record them any time soon. What does it mean - with the Stones?

Besides, the absence of Jagger at the Apollo says a great deal.
Jagger was at this time in New York and all the musicians who played at the White House with Mick participated in HS Memorial - except him.
I know your p.o.v. on this matter but it is really discouraging

I agree with your thoughts on Beck. Yes, it's kind of funny, even their looks match.
People correctly recollected the 80s and MICK/BECK collaboration, and probably the fact they are now performed together suggests that the falling-out between Mick and KR is as deep as it was then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 00:07 by proudmary.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: February 25, 2012 23:58

Part of the anticipation for a new (and again another 'this could be the last time') Stonestour is the assumption of a rift between the Glimmer Twins (Do they still get along? Will they ever perform together again? etc...).

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: February 26, 2012 00:09

proudmary
You can continue to impute to me all you want

Thanks for the invitation, but I never do things like that smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 26, 2012 00:10

Jagger really surprised me with his great performance; miss you was magical as it has never been.
I would like some more repect to Mr KR, who maybe is not only an old man, also a sick one. If he is not able to play and make music, is because there is something in his health, physical and mentally, that does'nt work properly (not now, but since 2000)

Date: February 26, 2012 00:22

KeithNacho
Jagger really surprised me with his great performance; miss you was magical as it has never been.
I would like some more repect to Mr KR, who maybe is not only an old man, also a sick one.

Very kind words. Thanks.

-------------------

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 26, 2012 00:54

Nacho, forget it, there are a lot of jaded, and pompous fools on this MB...winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home