Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 36
Re: bits of news
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 21, 2012 09:14

maybe everybody posting on the sticky white house thread should start a new thread instead for everything they post about it. good idea?

maybe never use an existing thread? start a new thread for anything anybody posts?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:11

Cmon hbwriter,give us a glimmerwinking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:31

we need to add "on fire" to "weaving" as punishable words/phrases if used again on this site. thanks for your cooperation.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:59

StonesTod
we need to add "on fire" to "weaving" as punishable words/phrases if used again on this site. thanks for your cooperation.

and 'the twins'..

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:59

StonesTod

Hey StonesTod, how can i say 'the ancient art of weaving' now ?! winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2012 17:01

duke richardson
StonesTod

and 'the twins'..

and 'our boys'

Should have also said, THANKS for the news HB...looking forward to hearing what you've dug up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 17:04 by treaclefingers.

Date: February 21, 2012 17:02

superrevvy
maybe everybody posting on the sticky white house thread should start a new thread instead for everything they post about it. good idea?

maybe never use an existing thread? start a new thread for anything anybody posts?

How considerate of you to say such a thing, especially since it's ONE person who actually does things and knows things with and, of and about the music industry (and possibly knows posting it in the sticky doesn't exactly mean everyone will see it).

Unlike, for a fantastic example, yerself.

Date: February 21, 2012 17:07

KRiffhard
StonesTod

you can say it as long as you accept your punishment

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 21, 2012 17:09

this was a shot my son took last evening of Warren - (if it helps distinguish this thread for some) Man, this guy can play

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 17:09 by hbwriter.

Date: February 21, 2012 17:14

hbwriter
this was a shot my son took last evening of Warren - (if it helps distinguish this thread for some) Man, this guy can play

Hi hbwriter, Warren surely can play, but give us another bit some news!

Date: February 21, 2012 17:22

StonesTod
KRiffhard
StonesTod

you can say it as long as you accept your punishment

Ok, please, let me use for the last time these words: sad smiley

In 1975 Taylor was replaced by Wood, marking a return to the style of guitar interplay that he and Richards described as "the ancient art of weaving"

R.I.P. Ancient art of weaving.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 21, 2012 17:26

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
superrevvy

How considerate of you to say such a thing, especially since it's ONE person who actually does things and knows things with and, of and about the music industry (and possibly knows posting it in the sticky doesn't exactly mean everyone will see it).

you misunderstand. i want MORE threads that say "bits of news" or "shreds of
news" or "molecules of news" because i think it is very courteous to dangle
information so no one can possibly know if they want to click on it or not,
because people love the thrill of the hunt.

i NEVER want to see slightly new info relating to a topic i'm following placed
in the relevant thread. that would be so boring.

i've been just stupid. when i find a story on keith richards at the apollo
in the new york times, i'll make sure from now on i start a new thread called
"new thread". i can't believe i didn't think of this before. how insensitive of
me. please accept my apologies.

Date: February 21, 2012 17:46

superrevvy
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
superrevvy

you misunderstand. i want MORE threads that say "bits of news" or "shreds of
news" or "molecules of news" because i think it is very courteous to dangle
information so no one can possibly know if they want to click on it or not,
because people love the thrill of the hunt.

i NEVER want to see slightly new info relating to a topic i'm following placed
in the relevant thread. that would be so boring.

i've been just stupid. when i find a story on keith richards at the apollo
in the new york times, i'll make sure from now on i start a new thread called
"new thread". i can't believe i didn't think of this before. how insensitive of
me. please accept my apologies.

compared to the nonsensical threads and posts you've made up to now, that would indeed be a breath of fresh air!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 21, 2012 18:19

Thanks for the info "hb"...

Just for clarification, is Haynes part of Booker T's backing band and going to be playing with everyone or does Mick have his own seperate backing band? I was thinking that I had read somewhere that Booker T was the band leader of the house band and was going to be backing the featured artists. Were you able to gain any insight from Warren how things are actually going to work tonight?

As always, thanks for sharing with us what you're able to share. Looking forward to the updates as they're available.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 21, 2012 18:24

Don't post crap like this if you're not actually going to tell us anything.

Date: February 21, 2012 18:29

Send It To me

doesn't the comment about mick being...hmmm...."ablaze" count as something?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 21, 2012 18:33

Send It To me

thumbs up

Date: February 21, 2012 18:49

Send It To me

like i said - i was going to hit this back as soon as i checked a couple of things out - that was just a part of the message though as I thought the enthusiasm from Haynes as to Mick's performance today was interesting, too- in hindsight though, and given the discussion it seems to be causing - I'm reconsidering returning to this - it was, i admit, a mistake on my part to go out early with the fact that i heard something - i got ahead of myself - i just wanted to verify something first before sharing anything but I was a little amped and wanted to at least set the table here because frankly, i'm not sure anyone would care as much- my bad - my emotions got ahead of me and i should not have posted that - all - please accept my apology on that - when i feel it's right to share something i will - i just did not want to get into hearsay business (as i am a fact freak) but obviously I had a discussion last night that affected me.

sorry to ramble - feel free to let this thread sink to the bottom of the sea until i get back to it

Date: February 21, 2012 18:59

well, at least we found out mick was...hmmm...in flames...that's something...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 21, 2012 18:59

hbwriter
sorry to ramble - feel free to let this thread sink to the bottom of the sea until i get back to it

Fair enough. Until that time I think it might be good to give this thread a bump every now and then. Just in case you might forget about it smiling smiley
Come On man. There are still people on this board who appreciate your information.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:01

superrevvy

more threads about rihanna!! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:12

Just tell us what you heard, with the caveat that it could be BS.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:17

Rolling Hansie
hbwriter

Fair enough. Until that time I think it might be good to give this thread a bump every now and then. Just in case you might forget about it smiling smiley
Come On man. There are still people on this board who appreciate your information.
What information? Big Al already told us a lot more than hbwriter and I doubt hb can have anythng much different....Now,if you wanted to satrt a Warren Haynes appreciation thread. That would be fine. Warren is a great musician.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:24

understandable...waiting til the info is verified. I'd get excited too!

Date: February 21, 2012 19:30

understand something - i post on two boards - this and baseball site- that's it- so when i hear something stones related, automatically, my head shifts here - not making excuses, just explaining my trigger finger last night (in fact last night someone said to me- you gonna post that on iorr? i said - yeah - no wait- i mean no - i mean yeah! - i mean - sh*t - i dunno what i mean) freakin sue me - i made a mistake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 19:31 by hbwriter.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:33

HB,I'll help you out. The Stones are going to tour this year. We already know that. Now you don't have to beat yourself up about releasing your info.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:40

No prob hb, we'll wait till you are ready

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:48

Send It To me
Yeah, like most the stuff that everyone writes here its 100% certified truth..Give me a break...>grinning smiley<

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: February 21, 2012 19:50

Send It To me

Send It To me, we truly value your opinion. If you could keep it to yourself, a number of us would be thrilled.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 21, 2012 20:03

hbwriter
Send It To me

like i said - i was going to hit this back as soon as i checked a couple of things out - that was just a part of the message though as I thought the enthusiasm from Haynes as to Mick's performance today was interesting, too- in hindsight though, and given the discussion it seems to be causing - I'm reconsidering returning to this - it was, i admit, a mistake on my part to go out early with the fact that i heard something - i got ahead of myself - i just wanted to verify something first before sharing anything but I was a little amped and wanted to at least set the table here because frankly, i'm not sure anyone would care as much- my bad - my emotions got ahead of me and i should not have posted that - all - please accept my apology on that - when i feel it's right to share something i will - i just did not want to get into hearsay business (as i am a fact freak) but obviously I had a discussion last night that affected me.

Yeah I was a bit surprised you dangled that carrot like that, hbwriter. With these kinds of things, either you spill it or just not say anything. Besides, by the time you are at "liberty to say anything"...would it really be a "scoop" if you were planning to tell us much later when official announcements will already be made?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1352
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home