Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No Filter Live Album
Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: July 25, 2019 04:07

Hi all!
There's been talk before of a live album from this tour coming out. I was just wondering if there is any insider info, or if this is all speculation. If there is insider info... spill the beans!

Re: No Filter Live Album
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 25, 2019 04:14

Me know nuffin' …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2019 08:56

I'll bet you could play Tumblin' Dice from any concert since 2005 and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Unless it was some kind of rarities collection, why would you possibly ever need a Rolling Stones live album, again? It's not like anything changes. Same backup musicians. Same everything. Tours used to be distinctive. That ended after No Security.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 25, 2019 09:04

useless

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 25, 2019 09:45

I for one would be very pleased to see a No Filter live album .

I get it that folks think it would be the same as every other live release covering shows from the last 25 years or so ...but I love all the subtle little differences in arrangements from one tour to the next.

Normally I think we would see such a release quite soon...but after all the waiting for the studio album , even they might not have the hard faced cheek to take the easy live album option as the next release at this time.

[Then again...maybe they would...and it would buy them more time grinning smiley]

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 25, 2019 10:07

No Filter Rarities Live woud be great

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 25, 2019 10:12

Yes it would !

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 25, 2019 10:47

not only useless but also unlikely since they've just release live stuff from the No Filter tour on the Honk compilation

Date: July 25, 2019 10:50

We just got some live tracks on Honk, but I'm definitely up for that.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 25, 2019 11:02

Pardon, what rarities? Suggest a songlist, please.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 25, 2019 11:48

saltoftheearth

Here it is:

Dancing With Mr D
Play With Fire (accoustic)
Just Your Fool
She's A Rainbow
Hate To See You Go
Con Le Mie Lacrime
Rocks Off
Under My Thumb
Shine A Light
Heartbreaker
Get Off Of My Clud
Sweet Virginia (accoustic)
Dead Flowers (accoustic)
She's So Cold
Neighbours
The Worst
Fool To Cry
Like A Rolling Stone
You Got The Silver
Shattered
Beast Of Burden
Sad Sad Sad
Monkey Man
Mercy Mercy
Let It Bleed (accoustic)
Angie (accoustic)

Date: July 25, 2019 12:23

saltoftheearth

Here it is:

Dancing With Mr D
Play With Fire (accoustic)
Just Your Fool
She's A Rainbow
Hate To See You Go
Con Le Mie Lacrime
Rocks Off
Under My Thumb
Shine A Light
Heartbreaker
Get Off Of My Clud
Sweet Virginia (accoustic)
Dead Flowers (accoustic)
She's So Cold
Neighbours
The Worst
Fool To Cry
Like A Rolling Stone
You Got The Silver
Shattered
Beast Of Burden
Sad Sad Sad
Monkey Man
Mercy Mercy
Let It Bleed (accoustic)
Angie (accoustic)

Would be great. Three of those are already on Honk, though.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 25, 2019 13:06

24FPS
I'll bet you could play Tumblin' Dice from any concert since 2005 and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Unless it was some kind of rarities collection, why would you possibly ever need a Rolling Stones live album, again? It's not like anything changes. Same backup musicians. Same everything. Tours used to be distinctive. That ended after No Security.
One very noticeable difference would be no more Lisa Fisher singing Merry Clayton's vocals on Gimmie Shelter where since 2015 it has been Sasha . Tell me you can't tell a difference from Lisa Fisher ?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 25, 2019 17:37

These days even the rarities are tried and tested.

Date: July 25, 2019 19:36

TheGreek
24FPS
One very noticeable difference would be no more Lisa Fisher singing Merry Clayton's vocals on Gimmie Shelter where since 2015 it has been Sasha . Tell me you can't tell a difference from Lisa Fisher ?

Is it really audibly different? How?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 25, 2019 19:41

HONK is lame for so many reasons, and a few live tracks don't elevate it at all.
They need to release an entire NoFilter set on album, cd, and dvd, otherwise the poor casual fans who bought HONK might get the wrong impression of the Stones.
In other words, just like they can't put together a new album of originals, they can't even bother to release an entire show's worth of material.
Is it a greatest hits? A random compilation? A live release? It's all of the above which dilutes everything about it.
Release a proper live album at least, which would somewhat fill the void of not being capable of finishing/releasing a new studio album of originals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-25 19:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 25, 2019 19:47

That one has to be on it:
Mercy Mercy : super rarely played, marking an unspoken event and part of a spectacular show in Maryland,USA.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 25, 2019 20:01

Some time ago they played Silver Train (with Mick Taylor).
It should be on it too.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 25, 2019 20:01

The void? Yes, we are all really thirsty for another Stones live album from 2019...Sweet summer sun and Cuba wasn´t enoguh...We MUST have thirteen thousand versions of the set that has been going on since 2015...2014...1989...

Stones has - like NO other band - wasted their career. So many posibilities, so many songs - so many ways they could have created new and exciting formulas.

She smiled sweetly could be a wonderful song to end a concert with. Keith could sing song number 6 and eleven. A theme for each tour. They could rearrange some songs, and a thousand other things, play around with the whole concept, what a concert can be like.

But. No.

Date: July 25, 2019 20:13

24FPS
TheGreek
24FPS

Is it really audibly different? How?
You can't tell the difference from Lisa to Sasha ? Really ?

Date: July 25, 2019 20:14

Rockman
Me know nuffin' …..
Yes you do all humble one

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 25, 2019 22:09

Hairball
HONK is lame for so many reasons, and a few live tracks don't elevate it at all.

While your point is valid, there are actually ten live tracks on the third disc. That is a live album, not an EP. At this point we already have SWEET SUMMER SUN and HAVANA MOON on CD with very nearly the same setlist. The only difference is Lisa vs. Sasha, Bobby vs. Karl, and a Mick Taylor guest spot. Ten live rarities as a compilation (there I said it) of live tracks since 2012 isn't a bad way to go. Otherwise it's third time to the well with the same set list.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: July 25, 2019 22:14

I would welcome a No Security II cd.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: July 25, 2019 22:30

Bjorn
The void? Yes, we are all really thirsty for another Stones live album from 2019...Sweet summer sun and Cuba wasn´t enoguh...We MUST have thirteen thousand versions of the set that has been going on since 2015...2014...1989...

Stones has - like NO other band - wasted their career. So many posibilities, so many songs - so many ways they could have created new and exciting formulas.

She smiled sweetly could be a wonderful song to end a concert with. Keith could sing song number 6 and eleven. A theme for each tour. They could rearrange some songs, and a thousand other things, play around with the whole concept, what a concert can be like.

But. No.

Their monomaniacal focus on such a narrow band of their oeuvre, while understandable is nevertheless remarkable. Their unwavering devotion to and focus on particular arrangements of particular songs bespeaks a discipline which is even more impressive than the fact that they are still doing what they do at their ages.

How can they play almost the exact same songs in exactly the same way for decades? It's really a herculean achievement.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 26, 2019 05:20

NS 2!!!! Yes!!!
Intro to b-stage Queenie Crazy mamá
Lowdown Already over me Might as well get juiced Time Is on my side Like a Rolling stone 11-04-98 How can i stop Shame shame shame Love Is strong 19th NB Star star

Jajaja what an álbum!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 26, 2019 06:40

24FPS

What about Street Fightin' Man or Monk' Man? Midnite Ramble? Jumping Jack Flash?
It's Only Rock'N'Roll (But I Likes It)?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 26, 2019 07:10

LazarusSmith
Their monomaniacal focus on such a narrow band of their oeuvre, while understandable is nevertheless remarkable. Their unwavering devotion to and focus on particular arrangements of particular songs bespeaks a discipline which is even more impressive than the fact that they are still doing what they do at their ages.

How can they play almost the exact same songs in exactly the same way for decades? It's really a herculean achievement.

I really hope that is sarcasm, otherwise I'd like to introduce you to Mike Love and company. You'll be even more astounded.

Date: July 26, 2019 08:49

GasLightStreet
24FPS

What about Street Fightin' Man or Monk' Man? Midnite Ramble? Jumping Jack Flash?

Yes, those would sound the same too. Tumblin' Dice was just used as an example. Even the 'rarities' have turned into warhorses. No other band has such an exciting catalogue with such depth to draw from. It truly is a disappoint to the seasoned fan. Their concerts are for the casual fan with money to burn. Their songs have lost all resonance. It's a nostalgia trip. Bill saw it coming.

Date: July 26, 2019 09:20

Rocky Dijon
LazarusSmith

I really hope that is sarcasm, otherwise I'd like to introduce you to Mike Love and company. You'll be even more astounded.

And after that put on YCAGWYW-versions between 2012 and today, to spot different changes to the song and its arrangement winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-26 09:21 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 26, 2019 09:26

24FPS
GasLightStreet
24FPS

Yes, those would sound the same too. Tumblin' Dice was just used as an example. Even the 'rarities' have turned into warhorses. No other band has such an exciting catalogue with such depth to draw from. It truly is a disappoint to the seasoned fan. Their concerts are for the casual fan with money to burn. Their songs have lost all resonance. It's a nostalgia trip. Bill saw it coming.

You seriously belive Rambler and Street Fighting Man sound the same?

They started with merging other songs into MR in 2015 + they play it differently. The "did you hear about..."-part is also different now.

There is no sitar-sounds on SFM from Ronnie anymore, and Keith plays the main riff in a noticeable different way.

You don't hear these things, or you don't bother to check it out? smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home