Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tribute to Brian Jones with Donovan, Kenney Jones, The Waterboys and more on Saturday August 17
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 29, 2019 14:13

This sounds like it will be a lot of fun. A festival in Surrey, England, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Brian's passing.

Posted on Donovan's Facebook site.

Friends...

As Brian’s family we waited for the right timing to celebrate his musical genius , and now with the huge support of Kenny and Janye Jones , this is the year !

Join my wife Linda , Brian And Linda’s grandson Joolz Jones , and I at Hurtwood Park ,August 17 for an All Star Tribute to Brian Jones , the undisputed Maestro who innovated the way Modern Roots Rock music is played and performed .

See you all there !
Donovan, Linda and Joolz Jones

[www.hurtwoodparkpolo.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 14:31 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Tribute to Brian Jones with Donovan, Kenney Jones, The Waterboys and more on Saturday August 17
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2019 14:17

Can't make it, but sounds fun!thumbs up

- Doxa

Re: Tribute to Brian Jones with Donovan, Kenney Jones, The Waterboys and more on Saturday August 17
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 29, 2019 14:49

Nice wording.

'celebrate the 50th anniversary of Brian's passing'

hot smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 29, 2019 15:14

His Majesty
Nice wording.

hot smiley

Er, that should read celebrate Brian's life on the 50th anniversary of his passing.

Date: May 29, 2019 15:44

moody smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 17, 2019 21:24

We are releasing acts over the next couple of weeks so this list will keep growing. Confirmed acts so far are:

Donovan
Kenney Jones & the Jones Gang
The Stranglers
Steve Harley (Cockney Rebels)
The Waterboys
Glen Matlock & the Tough Cookies ft Earl Slick (The Sex Pistols)
Joolz Jones (Brian Jones' grandson)
DJ Milfredo Seven (EMF)
Stephanie Rainey
Lola Lennox
London Contemporary Voices Choir with Deepa Nair Rasiya & Paul Frith
Sharon Corr
Mike Stevens & the ELO Band
Jonny Kaplan
More acts to be announced

[www.eventbrite.co.uk]

Date: July 17, 2019 21:34

For the greater honour and glory of themselves.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 18, 2019 00:01

It would be good if some Moroccan musicians were able to take part.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 18, 2019 10:22

Kenney Jones states that he did 'many sessions' with Brian. What sessions did he do?

Mathijs

Date: July 18, 2019 11:02

Mathijs
Kenney Jones states that he did 'many sessions' with Brian. What sessions did he do?

Mathijs

As far as I am aware the only Brian session(s) he did was the Mord Und Totschlag soundtrack.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: July 18, 2019 12:20

Some one in the stones camp shoulda had input on this, even the date is wrong and in the middle of a stones tour!...I'm sure Ronnie and Charlie would have turned up.

And of course Bill and Mick T, if they are not retired...maybe Bill could do just one more gig as the stones rep

maybe the acts booked for woodstock 50, and now looking for a gig can come over!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 18, 2019 14:48

ukcal

And of course Bill and Mick T, if they are not retired...maybe Bill could do just one more gig as the stones rep

Both are retired.

Mathijs

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 18, 2019 14:55

I wonder if Eric Clapton has been approached?
He has a country home nearby the venue.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 18, 2019 15:24

the Rolling Stones themselves should celebrate or share in a commemoration of, Brian's life.

they would have a lot of reasons for doing so, wouldn't they..?smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 18, 2019 15:50

Whatever people think of the ins or outs of the timing of the gig, or the acts on there or not on there...……………………..I think it will be a great day out for music fans ,and hope the sun will shine on that day. The price of the gig is quite reasonable as well these days. smileys with beer

This wasn't a bad day out there a few years ago.thumbs up
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-18 16:02 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 18, 2019 17:25

#billwyman winking smiley
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: July 18, 2019 17:32

Silver Dagger
His Majesty
Nice wording.

hot smiley

Er, that should read celebrate Brian's life on the 50th anniversary of his passing.

'Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Brian's passing' is correct, I'd think.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 17:33

I'm interested in this thumbs up. A drive of around 80 miles will take me there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-18 17:40 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 18, 2019 17:41

Birthdays and Anniversaries, sure...
But I don't think its right to celebrate a Deathday.
Sorry sad smiley

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: July 21, 2019 05:32

Kurt
Birthdays and Anniversaries, sure...
But I don't think its right to celebrate a Deathday.
Sorry sad smiley

You could look up 'celebrate' in the dictionary, perhaps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home