Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

When was the last time a performance was limited to only 4 or 5 band members?
Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 22, 2019 22:28

Last night we got to see a short B-stage set for the first time since '07
All those times in the 90's and 00's, other members would still play. I think at minimum, Chuck and Darryl played in the background. And I remember Lisa would sing backup even while the boys were on the B-stage.

While Chuck did play on Angie last night, it sounded like it was only the 4 stars during Dead Flower, but there was no Darryl, horns or backing vocals.

So I'm wondering, when was the last time a performance was limited to only 4 members? How about 5 members? Most shows in the 60's would have had 5 with Bill Wyman, and 6 sometimes with Stu. But my friend mentioned there were a handful of shows Brian didn't play.

Re: When was the last time a performance was limited to only 4 or 5 band members?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 22, 2019 23:11

Maybe when they announced the Bigger Bang tour at Julliard?

Re: When was the last time a performance was limited to only 4 or 5 band members?
Date: June 22, 2019 23:16

The first two french 2012-gigs, wasn't it? Not 4 or 5, but 6. Only Darryl and Chuck supported the band, if memory serves. They also did all the backing vocals.

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: June 22, 2019 23:36

Chuck and Darryl were still playing last night, although they were maybe turned down in the mix a bit?

Date: June 22, 2019 23:58

Madcap
Chuck and Darryl were still playing last night, although they were maybe turned down in the mix a bit?

Why wouldn't they?

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 15:23

I was not there but is seems only the 4 were out front on the catwalk. I was wondering myself if Daryl and Chuck were playing and just remained in place on the Stage A, I didn't hear any bass or keyboards on Dead Flowers or Angie. At least none that stood out for the unprofessional videos I saw.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 25, 2019 15:30

Darryl and Chuck were still playing: I looked back towards the stage and you could also hear them. the first boot from the show confirms this. I think Bernard may have done backing vocals as well.

Date: June 25, 2019 15:46

That actually sounds interesting: 'Dead Flowers' w/o Bass.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home