Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Toronto Raptors NBA Champs
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 14, 2019 18:50

What a great championship series. The last minutes of the final game were intense. Congrats to the Raptors and Golden State for really great basketball.

Re: OT: Toronto Raptors NBA Champs
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2019 19:30

The last minutes of game 5 were also intense...in fact the whole series was intense.
Golden State had it's historical run the last five years by making it to the finals each year consecutively (and winning three of them), but all good things come to an end.
They tried to match the Lakers three-peat, and was rooting for them to do so, but in the end injuries took their toll. And as an old school Lakers fan somewhat glad they didn't.
Time for some fresh blood and congrats to Toronto, but hats off to Golden State who will always be ranked amongst the greatest ever.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 14, 2019 19:46

Durant was injured. Although I'm happy for Toronto because I have no feelings for either team, outcome could have been different game #s or winner.

However - I agree with Hairball, those last 5 minutes were intense last night. Although, Collins was the culprit of the late foul that put him to the line which didn't matter anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 19:48 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 14, 2019 19:59

Haven't followed the NBA much since we lost our Sonics.
Still strange to see a former Sonic in the lineup for these games.. (Durant)
Great series.. was rooting for the Warriors, but Happy for Canada.

Congrats to Toronto fans.. who no doubt learned a bit re not celebrating injuries this post season.. (it's not bloody hockey eh cool smiley) Congrats nonetheless.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 14, 2019 21:14

Congrats to the Raptors. Huge viewing parties all across Canada last night. I'll admit I'm not a fan of the Raps or Warriors.
I thought the Raptors should win with Kevin Durant, arguably the best player in the league, out all series except for the first part in game 5 and then losing Klay Thompson in the second half of last night's game. He was on fire in the first half last night and if he was still playing, could have been the difference.
The first Canadian team to win a championship since the Canadiens won the Stanley Cup in the early 90s and the Blue Jays won the World Series around the same time.
Will Trump invite a Canadian team full of Americans to the White House, or will Trudeau invite them to the Parliament Buildings?

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 14, 2019 22:31

I'm from the Bay Area and I'm glad the Raptors won. It was nice the first time GS won, but when teams stop being scrappy underdogs, it makes it less interesting. The team will be back next year. Congratulations to Toronto.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:01

DGA35
Congrats to the Raptors. Huge viewing parties all across Canada last night. I'll admit I'm not a fan of the Raps or Warriors.
I thought the Raptors should win with Kevin Durant, arguably the best player in the league, out all series except for the first part in game 5 and then losing Klay Thompson in the second half of last night's game. He was on fire in the first half last night and if he was still playing, could have been the difference.
The first Canadian team to win a championship since the Canadiens won the Stanley Cup in the early 90s and the Blue Jays won the World Series around the same time.
Will Trump invite a Canadian team full of Americans to the White House, or will Trudeau invite them to the Parliament Buildings?

Not true...I can think of a lot of Canadian teams in the CFL that have won the Grey Cup.

...and if Trump invited them, would they show?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:30

Few months ago I did not know anything about NBA. At work a coworker started to talk to me about The GS Warriors; I listened to him not really understanding his enthousiasm but his excitement and knowledge intrigued me. I went home and driven by curiosity I started to watched on youtube anything about GS Warriors. After a few weeks I was hooked. The Warriors are an amazing team and I glad to like them. What a year to start loving basketball( I am 60 by the way!!!). The Raptors did well.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 15, 2019 00:56

treaclefingers
DGA35

Not true...I can think of a lot of Canadian teams in the CFL that have won the Grey Cup.

Hey Treacle, at this point the CFL almost isn't even a pro league! I love the Lions and watched the last preseason game on TSN. There couldn't have been more than 5000 people in the stands. Exciting game, though. Hopefully they get a good crowd in their home opener this weekend!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2019 15:36

DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35

Hey Treacle, at this point the CFL almost isn't even a pro league! I love the Lions and watched the last preseason game on TSN. There couldn't have been more than 5000 people in the stands. Exciting game, though. Hopefully they get a good crowd in their home opener this weekend!

Just because they don't pay the players real salaries doesn't mean they're not pro!! GO LIONS!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 16:22

Hairball
The last minutes of game 5 were also intense...in fact the whole series was intense.
Golden State had it's historical run the last five years by making it to the finals each year consecutively (and winning three of them), but all good things come to an end.
They tried to match the Lakers three-peat, and was rooting for them to do so, but in the end injuries took their toll. And as an old school Lakers fan somewhat glad they didn't.
Time for some fresh blood and congrats to Toronto, but hats off to Golden State who will always be ranked amongst the greatest ever.
How are you feeling about the Lakers getting AD?

I think it could be a great matchup with LeBron but part of me thinks they gave up way too much. They really need to do well with free agency signings although their cap space is screwed. They really just need some good 3-and-D shooters, no more superstars.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home