Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16
Rehearsals - No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 15:21

Wonder if they will shift tour rehearsals to the Chicago area or if they will rehearse in Miami as a favor to the studio they booked but apparently did not really use. My guess is they would shift the operation to Chicago. Any word on when those would start? Probably in a week or so?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-18 19:42 by bv.

Re: Tour Rehearsals-?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:17

My guess is June 2.
Jeroen

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:19

May very well be June 3.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:44

chrism13
Wonder if they will shift tour rehearsals to the Chicago area or if they will rehearse in Miami as a favor to the studio they booked but apparently did not really use. My guess is they would shift the operation to Chicago. Any word on when those would start? Probably in a week or so?

The Stones don't have any commitment to the studio in Miami and they were probably paid for the full time the band would have been rehearsing there so they don't owe them anything. They will be rehearsing somewhere in Chicago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 18:46 by TornAndFried.

Date: May 17, 2019 19:01

I understand they paid the studio in Miami and don't owe them anything. I know the band loves Chicago but Miami aint the worst place to be for couple weeks either. When when you factor in hotels that I am sure the band had booked in Miami to use for a few weeks themselves and staff/crew...not sure if it was easier to just push everything back a few weeks than to flat out canx everything. Probably just more wishful thinking on my part as i live north on Miami and was looking forward to having the band in town for a month w/ a medium shot at some sort of club show.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:04

Someone who is trustworthy posted a clue the other night, and then quickly deleted it.

To paraphrase: "Not in the states".

Sort of narrows it down, and can't help but think it will be Toronto.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:19

Hairball
Someone who is trustworthy posted a clue the other night, and then quickly deleted it.

There was another similar clue posted earlier as well, indicating possibly Toronto.
Not sure if same poster, but also reliable. My bet is Toronto.
They can set up shop, head down to Chicago and then back again for Burl's Creek.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: May 18, 2019 01:51

Hairball

That would be fantastic!

Date: May 18, 2019 05:57

chrism13
I understand they paid the studio in Miami and don't owe them anything. I know the band loves Chicago but Miami aint the worst place to be for couple weeks either. When when you factor in hotels that I am sure the band had booked in Miami to use for a few weeks themselves and staff/crew...not sure if it was easier to just push everything back a few weeks than to flat out canx everything. Probably just more wishful thinking on my part as i live north on Miami and was looking forward to having the band in town for a month w/ a medium shot at some sort of club show.

The Stones have no reason whatsoever to rehearse in Miami at this point. They were only there because that was where the tour was originally set to begin. They cancelled all their rooms and rebooked them for August. At this point the last place they want to be is South Florida. It's hot and humid and 1500 miles from where the tour is starting. The tour rehearsals will likely be somewhere in Chicago, or possibly at the Rock Lititz rehearsal complex in Lititz, PA.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-18 06:06 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 18, 2019 06:30

Wherever they pick, I hope they can rehearse with the full tour PA. In 2015 they sounded great. Seeing The Who 8 days ago, 2nd date of the tour, granted with an orchestra, but the could was flat and unbalanced for half the show. In 2019, if well-rehearsed, they should have that down.

Date: May 18, 2019 06:55

buffalo7478
Wherever they pick, I hope they can rehearse with the full tour PA. In 2015 they sounded great. Seeing The Who 8 days ago, 2nd date of the tour, granted with an orchestra, but the could was flat and unbalanced for half the show. In 2019, if well-rehearsed, they should have that down.

They always start with band rehearsals in a small studio then do a dress rehearsal in the opening city arena or stadium with the full sound system/lights/video a few days before the first show. They know what they are doing by now. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-18 07:39 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 18, 2019 12:44

As whilom I assume they'll stick to Canada for the same reason they shot their UNDERCOVER videos in Mexico: avoiding taxes.

Date: May 20, 2019 16:11

The only caveat to Miami is that I sure they booked a ton of rooms for a month or so for band and crew as they were going to be here rehearsing. Now they only need 3 days or so when they come back on 8/31 so its not like other cities where they canx and just re-booked the same 3 days or so at a later date. I am sure insurance covered any losses and they have enough $ to do what they want and where. Again, just wishful thinking on my part It was going to be exciting to have the Stones in Miami rehearsing, hanging out and possibly playing a cub show.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2019 17:02

Hairball
"Not in the states".

Could it be for legal/financial reasons? In other words if they spend 2 or 3 weeks in Canada it's 2 or 3 weeks Mick Ron or Cholie will be able to spend in the US without "crossing the red line" = being considered a US resident = paying US taxes.
I mean Toronto... (zzzzzzz). Thye've known to spend quite a lot in rather unspectacular places (like Montserrat) and Keef spilled the beans in interviews : "it was for tax reasons, urh urh urh!"

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 17:32

They used to rehearse in Toronto because Michael Cohl took advantage of major amuesement tax loopholes. Since AEG has now been their promoter since spring 2013 (the fall 2012 shows were promoted by Virgin) I no longer see them rehearsing in Toronto. But hey that's just pure speculation.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2019 18:42

mnewman505
They used to rehearse in Toronto because Michael Cohl took advantage of major amuesement tax loopholes.

Thx for the info! They're really good at these little games... cool smiley

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 20, 2019 20:27

Toronto makes sense due to international tax laws. They only have one show here, in Canada. I can see why they don't want to "burn days" in USA needlessly.

Date: May 20, 2019 20:50

Admitting up front that I am close to ignorant on the topic, but I have a hard time seeing in today's world how rehearsals impact the band tax wise/financially etc. I understand that it could affect them in terms of legal residence status, but also assume they travel on "working visas" that wouldn't affect the residence issues.
Also believe that would primarily affect Mick as Ronnie and Charlie don't reside in the US part of the time other than touring. Believe Keith has secured residence status living here some time ago.

It's not like the rehearsals generate direct income.
I think if they do rehearse in Toronto, which I think is likely, it has more to do with logistics etc. Set up shop/home base for a couple weeks, go to Chicago and then back to TO for another short stay for the concert.

Date: May 20, 2019 20:50

dennycranium
Toronto makes sense due to international tax laws. They only have one show here, in Canada. I can see why they don't want to "burn days" in USA needlessly.

Still waiting for your picture from Ronnies setlist denny...
could you be so kind??

jeroen

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 21:38

MisterDDDD
Admitting up front that I am close to ignorant on the topic, but I have a hard time seeing in today's world how rehearsals impact the band tax wise/financially etc. I understand that it could affect them in terms of legal residence status, but also assume they travel on "working visas" that wouldn't affect the residence issues.
Also believe that would primarily affect Mick as Ronnie and Charlie don't reside in the US part of the time other than touring. Believe Keith has secured residence status living here some time ago.

It's not like the rehearsals generate direct income.
I think if they do rehearse in Toronto, which I think is likely, it has more to do with logistics etc. Set up shop/home base for a couple weeks, go to Chicago and then back to TO for another short stay for the concert.

Your comment "It's not like the rehearsals generate direct income" is key. They won't get taxed. However, I believe workers on the tour likely would.

Date: May 20, 2019 21:52

Stones726

Your comment "It's not like the rehearsals generate direct income" is key. They won't get taxed. However, I believe workers on the tour likely would.

Yeah, definitely some crew wage and expense issues etc., I'm sure.
But if it was a substantial impact, it would make sense that they would rehearse every US tour in Vancouver, Toronto, etc. This tour was going to be Miami for example, and now with it kicking off in Chicago, followed by an early date in Ontario, Toronto may be the spot. Seems logistical to me, and what amenities they may want/need.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 20, 2019 22:17

Well they "won't " get taxed is a broad statement. North Korea, Eritrea, and the USA, are the only 3 nations in the world that require all citizens and legal permanent residents to file for income taxes no matter where you are living or where the money is earned. They also claim and assert the legal right to know if you have over $10000 squirrled away in any checking, savings, retirement account where. If you pay more than what you would owe the USA to the country you live in, you are ok, if US taxes would be higher, they want some. Widening the circle, its not just income from work, its capital gains, sell a house, if you hold a US passport or they can prove residency , which I am no longer sure how long that stay in the country is, they want their share. As an expat, and I know of a few others on the board, this is a wretched reality we are all dealing with and the repercussions made possible by new tax laws are scary. Still I am sure the Stones business advisers have figured all of this out , and they are not paying a penny more than needed.

Rehearsal 2019 part 2 any post or news ????
Posted by: luthor ()
Date: May 25, 2019 21:09

rehearsal 2019 part 2 any post or news ????
chicago ????

Re: Rehearsal 2019 part 2 any post or news ????
Date: May 25, 2019 21:18

There is not even part 1..
Be patient,please.
Jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 25, 2019 23:53

He must be referring to this thread: [iorr.org]

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: May 26, 2019 04:06

luthor
rehearsal 2019 part 2 any post or news ????
chicago ????

You must be referring to Toronto lol!

Date: May 27, 2019 20:02

I think rehearsals to this leg can start soon after June 1 & 2 because RON and C. WATTS make birthday days 1 & 2 and they usually dine together that period as some years past with several photos at mid .. ..

Date: May 27, 2019 20:08

luthor
I think rehearsals to this leg can start soon after June 1 & 2 because RON and C. WATTS make birthday days 1 & 2 and they usually dine together that period as some years past with several photos at mid .. ..

This is nonsense.
They have been on tour many times on birthdays of all band members. They dont care as long as they make some money. They dont have got enough yet.

Oh boy..now i will get punished for this remark
Jetoen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-27 20:08 by runrudolph.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 27, 2019 20:16

dcba
mnewman505
They used to rehearse in Toronto because Michael Cohl took advantage of major amuesement tax loopholes.

Thx for the info! They're really good at these little games... cool smiley

Michael is from Toronto.

Date: May 27, 2019 20:17

I am JUST saying that they will already be together and maybe (just) may already be thinking about starting ....
I can not even comment or suggest ???
I was the first one here to speak that jagger surgery COULD be before that day 6 (Friday) not to have much speculation in the media and was actually before

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home