Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Who met Ron wood or other Stones ?
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 24, 2018 09:57

I knew a guy who had to visit Hotels for a flightcompany.
When he arrived the complete hotel was hired by Ronnie
Ronnie invited my friend at the bar and they drank all night.
Seems like a nice chap !

Re: Who met Ron wood or other Stones ?
Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: November 24, 2018 10:33

Oddly enough met two of them in the same area of London.

Ron Wood at this time of year in the Christmas section of Fortnum and Mason (a posh shop on Piccadilly in London). Lovely chap, had a bit of banter and Sally offered to take some photos.

About two years to the day later met Mick Jagger in an antiquarian book shop called Henry Sotheran, just around the corner from Fortnums. Said hello, shook his hand, but felt just a bit too scared to ask for a photo. I regret that.

Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 11:05

My cousin met Mick and Charlie in a bar in Miami in the late 70s. They drank rum punches and talked about travel (he was visiting from the UK). Stars were more accessible in those days.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 24, 2018 11:46

Keith & Bobby Keys backstage at a Winos show. 1 of the highlights of 25 years in the music business.

Date: November 24, 2018 12:42

Met Ron Wood at bar and drank with him; just told that recently in some other thread. Met Keith ages ago in NYC in an elevator, and he gave me money.
Met Mick Taylor after he had left the Stones. At that time he was really at a low point.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 13:00

Met Ron at the Artist book signing at Selfridges. Had a photo with him which was cool.

Met Bill after a RKs gig in 2013 - i’d just bought his Bass centre bass and we chatted about that and had a photo. He was very down to earth.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 24, 2018 13:30

In the summer of 1965 I had a job as a petrol pump attendant (remember that!) at a petrol station at the London end of the M4 - the Cherry Blossom roundabout for those who can place it.

One evening a mini pulled up with Mick, Keith and 2 ladies.

Sold them petrol.

That was my only encounter with Keith.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 24, 2018 13:33

Met Bill Wyman backstage at a R.Kings gig in my home town Antwerp.

Sour guy.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 24, 2018 13:38

Palace Revolution 2000
Met Keith ages ago in NYC in an elevator, and he gave me money.

Hmmm, I need to meet this Keith fella.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 13:47 by His Majesty.

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 24, 2018 13:45

Can you expand a little on that elevator meeting, Palace?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 24, 2018 13:50

Met Charlie in Copenhagen Airport 25 years ago or so

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 24, 2018 13:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 15:56 by The Worst..

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 24, 2018 14:06

I've met Charlie three times, first time in George V in 2006, helped him and Shirley get a smooth entrance into the hotel after their walk. 2nd time I introduced him to my own drummer Joakim outside the backstage area at Ullevi in Gothenburg, that was hilarious! And then 3rd time in Copenhagen signing the setlist I got from Lisa from the day before.

The same day on the 6th of august 2007 outside the kitchen entrance of d'Angleterre in Copenhagen I finally met Keith and got to shake his hand and thanked him for all the great music and joy. Easily the luckiest day of my life. The weird thing is that I met Pete Townshend ouside Grand Hotel in Stockholm EXACTLY 1 month before, on the 6th of july the same year. Talk about a lucky month!

I also met Bobby (RIP), Lisa, Bernard, Darryl, Blondie and Chuck on numerous occasions and once had a brief encounter with Ronnie in Bruxelles after the tour premiere but he seemed so tired and Jo helped him into the VIP area of the Conrad hotel. I've never got to meet Mick but heard him from across his room all the way to mine before the tour started in 2007 singing California Dreaming in accapella, as close as I've ever come to meet him.

Happy Days, these memories will live with me until I die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 14:07 by MadMax.

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: November 24, 2018 15:00

I met all of them approximately 20 times.
Unfortunately we never shook hands, they did not want to leave the stagewinking smiley
But I was able to take some pictures many times:smiling smiley

Let it rock!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 24, 2018 15:23

Keef & Woody when they came to detroit to rework JJF with Aretha in 1986...Bobby Keys pre show in 2012....Ian Mclagan several times in 2007-2009...

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: November 24, 2018 15:29

I met Mick Taylor at a lounge in St Louis were he did a solo show. He was quiet but very nice and signed my Stones cds

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 24, 2018 16:02

I met Mick and Keith and Stu once on separate occasions.

Mick was at dinner in a restaurant with Don Was and other people I didn't know. Don said something to me which I don't recall. I responded with something I don't recall and people around the table laughed. Except for Mick who replied, "He's too clever by half." I felt like my life had been threatened.

Keith I met in what seemed like an "Ask Keith" come to life. He was talking about the intense times rehearsing "Carol" with Chuck Berry for Chuck's 60th birthday. I pointed out if they had just said what key to play in, they could have saved 20 minutes of glaring and Keith told me to f*ck off.

There was one weird encounter with a big dinner in a restaurant where the only people I recognized were Bill German and Ian Stewart. I was talking about how my kids thought "Hot Stuff" sounded like Mick was singing "Pasta" (a true story) and Stu said, "You'd be surprised how many songs Keith writes about food."

In all three cases, I woke up right after these encounters.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: November 24, 2018 17:06

In 1990 we walked at "Unter den Linden"in Berlin, the afternoon before the show, suddenly we saw Charlie passing by...
One us of asked him to make a picture together... it was a 30-seconds-meeting, but very cool.

About 15 years ago I met Mick Taylor at a local jamsession,
talked with him for about 5 minutes.
And last august I saw Mick walk by on the street... I almost biked over his toes... smiling smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 24, 2018 19:52

Saw Mick,Keith at Edmonton airport in 97. Said hi.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: November 24, 2018 20:57

I met Ron Wood with Rod Stewart at a record signing at the Coop in Cambridge, Mass., about 1975. Friendly chaps.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:27

Met Ronnie in New York Fall 2002.
Spoke to him for a minute or two at Pop Gallery when he was there promoting his art.
He was very nice, twirling an unlit cigarette the whole time, all rock star.
Got a photo and an autograph.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:32

I've met Ronnie three times;

He sat next to my brother and I at a Dylan show at the Santa Monica Civic 1979. The other two times were at his art show openings in Vegas.
The first time in the Venetian Hotel Vegas '02 where I was able to talk with him one on one for a couple of minutes, while the second time at the Mandalay Hotel Vegas '05 was bit more chaotic and crowded.

Met Keith in Stockholm '03. Hoardes of people were waiting in front of hotel to see Mick, but a few of us went to the back of the hotel where we saw Keith and some friends docked on a yacht.
He came up to greet us, and I was able to shake his hand.

Met Charlie who was on the same flight as me from Amsterdam to London while waiting for our luggage at the carousel at Heathwrow.

Finally, met Bobby Keys after a Stone show in Vegas at the roulette wheel!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:48

Rocky Dijon
I met Mick and Keith and Stu once on separate occasions.

Mick was at dinner in a restaurant with Don Was and other people I didn't know. Don said something to me which I don't recall. I responded with something I don't recall and people around the table laughed. Except for Mick who replied, "He's too clever by half." I felt like my life had been threatened.

Keith I met in what seemed like an "Ask Keith" come to life. He was talking about the intense times rehearsing "Carol" with Chuck Berry for Chuck's 60th birthday. I pointed out if they had just said what key to play in, they could have saved 20 minutes of glaring and Keith told me to f*ck off.

There was one weird encounter with a big dinner in a restaurant where the only people I recognized were Bill German and Ian Stewart. I was talking about how my kids thought "Hot Stuff" sounded like Mick was singing "Pasta" (a true story) and Stu said, "You'd be surprised how many songs Keith writes about food."

In all three cases, I woke up right after these encounters. quote]

Didn't you meet them during the filming of R and R Circus?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: November 24, 2018 21:50

My daughter bumped into Ronnie and his then Russian girlfriend in Primrose Hill several years ago. This was in the days before selfies were around. Ronnies girlfriend took a nice photo of him with my daughter.

I also have his autograph after a friend risked her job getting it for me when he and Jo stayed at Raymond Blancs Hotel nr Oxford UK to celebrate Jo's 50th birthday

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 24, 2018 22:05

jlowe

Didn't you meet them during the filming of R and R Circus?

The real Rocky knew them before that. Me, I was born a few months before Jade.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 22:24

steffiestones
I knew a guy who had to visit Hotels for a flightcompany.
When he arrived the complete hotel was hired by Ronnie
Ronnie invited my friend at the bar and they drank all night.
Seems like a nice chap !

Met them all thanks to Freddie and JC.

1. Keith: Freddie introduced me to him in his suite in Wash Dc 89 tour. Plus backstage in 1997.

2. Mick - JC introduced me when he hopped out of his limo under Hartford arena I think 2002.

3. Charlie - walked up to him backstage, forget which tour

4. Bill - backstage London Urban Jungle

5. Ronnie - Backstage Oakland via Freddie Sessler 1997

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 23:07

Hairball
I've met Ronnie three times;

He sat next to my brother and I at a Dylan show at the Santa Monica Civic 1979. The other two times were at his art show openings in Vegas.
The first time in the Venetian Hotel Vegas '02 where I was able to talk with him one on one for a couple of minutes, while the second time at the Mandalay Hotel Vegas '05 was bit more chaotic and crowded.

Met Keith in Stockholm '03. Hoardes of people were waiting in front of hotel to see Mick, but a few of us went to the back of the hotel where we saw Keith and some friends docked on a yacht.
He came up to greet us, and I was able to shake his hand.

Met Charlie who was on the same flight as me from Amsterdam to London while waiting for our luggage at the carousel at Heathwrow.

Finally, met Bobby Keys after a Stone show in Vegas at the roulette wheel!
I met Charlie in Stockholm in 2003 licks tour. Day after the Cirkus show. He was walking down the stairs in front of the Grand hotel. I startled him by saying Charlie a little loud. Just said great show last night and shook hands. My wife and I stayed at the Grand as did the stones. Saw Mick, Keith and Ron, but didn’t approach them- plus they had body guards. My wife and I did hang out with Bernard and Lisa and met Daryle as well. Ronnie’s wife Jo came into the bar with a Great Dane- she was apparently looking for Ronnie and was talking to somebody I didn’t recognize.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 25, 2018 15:27

Palace Revolution 2000
Met Keith ages ago in NYC in an elevator, and he gave me money.

I tend to give Keith (and the other Stones) my money!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: November 25, 2018 15:53

I met Bill Wyman at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. Really nice guy. I also met Charlie at The Blue Note in New York City. He wasn’t nearly as friendly as Bill. I live 12 miles from Keith in Connecticut. Still haven’t seen him though. He k

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 25, 2018 16:34

1989 when they played Shea Stadium in NYC.
I went to the Plaza Hotel to pickup my tickets from Shelly.
After I got my tickets I was walking by the bar and low and behold I see Keef and Woody at the bar.(mid-afternoon)
I went over and said hello and told them i just picked up my tickets for the show the next day.
They were both very friendly and invited me to stay for a drink.
Unfortunately I had to get back to work.
One of the worse decisions I ever made in my life! angry smiley

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home