Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Why are so many good videos disappearing from YouTube?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 24, 2019 06:28

Where are they going? A lot of the good stuff gets taken down and all that's left is some poor quality trash, tributes, and crappy performances. Is there a new format somewhere or are the bands hoarding performances for who knows what. Many of the early festivals have been cannibalized of the primo performances. This is bad for music, nobody is going to pay to watch a video. All the major acts have been gutted, the Monterey Pop Festival, Woodstock and others have most of the quality videos removed. Is it the musicians, record companies, agents, managers or bean counters?

Re: OT - Why are so many good videos disappearing from YouTube?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 24, 2019 07:49

Laws.

Date: May 24, 2019 07:59

Many artists/labels don't wanna give away music for free, especially when they plan to release the music/videos..

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 24, 2019 18:50

The rights holders make a complaint, so YouTube removes them as part of their policy. Sometimes the videos are reposted by others, so if you wait some time, the video will reappear (then might be taken down again). I found some videos for Monterey Pop, including Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Buffalo Springfield. Most had been posted in the past year, so it's likely that older posts had been taken down by request. The owners of the material don't want free competition for paid streaming rights and potential DVD sales.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 24, 2019 19:57

This is why I keep my CDs. I own them, there mine.I never trusted the whole "everything is free on You Tube" so you don't need them anymore theory.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 24, 2019 20:30

This is also why I keep my almost 800 silvers pressed cd's and a few hundered silver pressed dvd's. I don't need 'You Tube' for to see something.
I've bought every concert in CD and DVD from 2012 in bootleg. And from 2012 I've silvers but not all.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 24, 2019 21:27

Copyright laws...there are algorithms that can sweep through and determine if material is copyrighted.

You'll see people putting weird borders on videos to throw them off, or they'll speed up or slow down the audio to mask the bitstream (this more for verbal content, not musical, obviously).

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 24, 2019 22:44

Which ones are missing? We need objective evidence.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 24, 2019 22:55

Chris Fountain
Which ones are missing? We need objective evidence.

There's quite a few here: [iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: May 24, 2019 23:01

Is this not the same? Just want to check - no offense

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 25, 2019 00:33

Youtube has gone way corporate. It was too good to last. The ads have gone crazy.

Date: May 25, 2019 00:55

Palace Revolution 2000
Youtube has gone way corporate. It was too good to last. The ads have gone crazy.

YouTube has gone corporate? It's been owned by Google since 2006!
I never get any ads on YouTube, I us AdBlock, works a treat!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 25, 2019 01:09

Deltics
Palace Revolution 2000

Your right a got 220.216 blocked adds since I installed my adblocker...no problem with youtube either ...and yes they removed some high quality concerts and documentaries and movies because they rather want you pay money for these.................

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 25, 2019 01:17

Nitrate film...catches fire and destroys itself real easy

That's why they got the big chimneys at the back of the YouTube headquarters

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 25, 2019 01:47

I know of one regular poster on this board who has put together and posted many full concert videos from recent tours, some of very high quality, who some months ago, had about 20 of his videos taken down. I wonder it has something to do with the upcoming tour and the Stones wanting to sell their own product.

plexi

Date: May 25, 2019 02:22

I remember watching some great Beatles videos from the Apple Rooftop then those were removed.

Recently, I wanted to see Joe Cocker's "With A Little Help From My Friends" at Woodstock and that's either playing to some psychedelic background with no concert footage, or a really low quality video.

Most of Jimi Hendrix good quality videos are gone, try finding the entire "Wild Thing" at Monterey Pop from start to finish.

The only time a band gets exposure is when lead members pass away.

Even the fantastic Grateful Dead show in Buffalo on July 4th 1989 posted by Voodoonola is gone. It was up for the longest time. Maybe because it's an official release called "Truckin up to Buffalo" The entire show, it was a great watch and listen. The Dead are usually very open about sharing their music.

It really takes the fun out of music.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 25, 2019 03:24

What videos are disappearing? Music ones? I've noticed some things are gone but never gave it much thought.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 25, 2019 05:04

In an odd twist, both the Beatles and Dylan have allowed their official music to be put back on youtube in the last half year.
In the case of the Beatles, most if not all of it is up. As for Dylan, I think it's a work in progress.
There used to be a only dozen or so studio cuts, but now there's loads - still plenty missing though.

The Beatles Official Youtube channel

Bob Dylan Official Youtube channel

The official Hendrix channel is still mostly holding out on the classic studio material, but they do have some stuff up there;
alot of 'making of', interviews, and other vault type stuff (demos, live versions,etc.), with just a handful of regular studio/album cuts.

Jimi Hendrix Official Youtube channel

Date: May 25, 2019 07:16

Pretty cool. Interesting that the Beatles "Hey Jude" has over 150 million views. That is some serious numbers. Another interesting fact is that the song only lasted 2 weeks at the top of the charts in Britain while over 9 weeks in America. Did the British public not like the song that much? Do you know what the Stones most viewed video is?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-25 07:19 by The Sicilian.

Date: May 25, 2019 07:23

I would like the Rolling Stones to be on Sirius XM and play obscure songs and concerts from all of their eras just like it is for BS & ESB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-25 07:33 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 25, 2019 12:35

The Sicilian
Pretty cool. Interesting that the Beatles "Hey Jude" has over 150 million views. That is some serious numbers. Another interesting fact is that the song only lasted 2 weeks at the top of the charts in Britain while over 9 weeks in America. Did the British public not like the song that much? Do you know what the Stones most viewed video is?

Paint It Black 207 mil

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 25, 2019 15:35

Google ain't what it used to be. Before it showed you what you were looking for. Now it shows you what it wants you to see.
Probably some shareholder value story

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 25, 2019 15:57

I think something that may be a factor is that they are all stepping up their efforts to stop online extremism, especially through videos. That probably means more actual people, as opposed to algorithms, trawling through content. But give someone a bit more power and they will abuse it, they never stop at what they are meant to be doing, so inevitably it will mean more "dangerous to our profit margin" stuff being noticed as well.

Date: May 25, 2019 16:03

This is starting to sound like a "Who Done it" mystery to me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 25, 2019 16:56

NICOS
The Sicilian

Paint It Black 207 mil

I would have never guessed it. Over 200 million views for a lyric video and no band or live footage at all. That stat alone should guarantee the song a permanent spot in the setlist.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 26, 2019 10:48

Adrian Acosta's rather good channel of HD live clips from the 1981 tour is gone.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2019 11:28

Videos disappearing from YouTube on a daily basis doesn't surprise me at all, but what puzzles me sometimes are some "auto-generated" videos, like this one:

Congratulations

To see this song posted on the official Beatles YouTube account is beyond my understanding.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 26, 2019 15:14

Deltics

AdBlock? Do you have a link? I never heard of it. Thanks

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 26, 2019 15:52

I wouldn’t mind if they removed all non-videos. You know, a song with just some static images behind it.

Date: May 26, 2019 16:19

exilestones
Deltics

AdBlock? Do you have a link? I never heard of it. Thanks

[adblockplus.org]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home