Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Interesting statements on Setlists
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: May 24, 2019 12:53

"Interesting that Paul Weller's question for Sir Paul McCartney at the BBC Mastertapes special was related to probably something he struggles with as well.

"Do you ever get frustrated with not being able to play more of your new stuff because people want to hear more of the Beatles stuff?"

McCartney: "You would always like to just do the songs you want to do whether they are hits or not. But I’m a realist. If I go to a concert I want to hear the songs I love from that artist, so y’know, if it is the Stones then I am probably going to want to hear Honky Tonk Woman, Satisfaction, Ruby Tuesday. And if they didn’t do them I would feel a bit cheated.

So we give them what they want as long as they are songs we like. Occasionally we throw in songs and I’ll say ‘you are not gonna like this, but we’re gonna do it anyway’.

You can tell in the big arena. When you do ‘I give her all my love’ the cameras ‘click click click’ and all the lights come on from the iPhones. Then you say ‘here’s one off our new album’ and its a black hole! But we do it anyway but it is a bit frustrating.

You kinda hope they are going to catch on by the end of the tour.

People pay a lot of money to see me and I remember seeing Bill Haley when I was a little kid, at the Odeon in Liverpool and I paid a fortune, it was months of pocket money to see him.

And it was such a thrill because he opened with 1,2,3 o’clock 4 o’clock rock. I didn’t want to hear him play anything else. Not really. So I remember that and how much it cost me."

Re: Interesting statements on Setlists
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 24, 2019 18:54

McCartney said that last night, the bit about a Beatles song and phones and a galaxy and then a new song and a black hole. He's probably been saying it for the past few years.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 24, 2019 19:44

McCartney is an honest guy. I always remember the interview he gave a couple of years ago in a UK Sunday paper (Sunday Times I guess) in which he said very openly that whatever muse it was that was over him in those most productive years (lets say 63 to 73) had now deserted him. Kudos to him for the frankness

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 24, 2019 20:05

Alway's nice to hear the truth about modern set lists just trow a lot of oldies a few new song and a rarity and everybody is Happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-25 01:53 by NICOS.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 24, 2019 21:46

GasLightStreet
McCartney said that last night, the bit about a Beatles song and phones and a galaxy and then a new song and a black hole. He's probably been saying it for the past few years.

Yeah he tends to speak in a rote manner onstage.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 24, 2019 22:57

Paul McCartney is a Looney hoo hoo bird that Dana Carvey nails in a great imitation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1885
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home