Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones Artwork
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 18, 2019 21:36

Apologize for the size, I've never gotten the posting photos thing down (my previous posts should indicate how computer unsavvy I am)..

Onto the subject: walked downtown this morning having no idea an art fair was going on, and spotted this instantly from about 100 yards away.. I'd prefer to spend the money on tickets but absolutely love this.. I don't know the value of stained glass or how difficult it is to make, but he wants $400.. Anyone think that's right on, too high, just right? Thx

Re: Stones Artwork
Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 18, 2019 22:33

Too high.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 19, 2019 01:07

Fantastic, and worth the price.

Date: May 19, 2019 01:28

Thx both of you for responding.. Is there a way to make my photo smaller? I admit it's a bit annoying trying to scroll thru it

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 19, 2019 01:34

Get it

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2019 02:38

……………..lookin good …………….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 19, 2019 03:30

OMG, it's the stained glass tongue that hung behind the bar in a bar I frequented in Baltimore back in the day...or another one of the same. There was a bar in south Baltimore called Sticky Fingers back in the 1970s/1980s. Almost all things Stones in terms of decor and a lot of Stones tunes in the music mix. It was a great place to hangout, with a crowd of regulars showing up starting on Thursday nights into the weekend as waiting til Friday to end the work week wasn't good enough. Alas, the owner had the rent raised on him as the neighborhood headed toward gentrification, so no go on keeping the party going. I always wanted the stained glass tongue, but the owner ended up selling it before I could put in a bid. So, after Sticky closed it was back to the Fells Point bar circuit for awhile, then No Fish Today opened up in a marginal part of downtown Baltimore with some great bands appearing there, so we started going to the Fish. I guess it was/is like this in many places regarding hangouts.

Date: May 19, 2019 03:34

Snoopy, I think you should do what you think you should do. I think 400 is a lot, but it's the effing Stones! You do you man.

Date: May 19, 2019 06:20

Rockman

Awesome Rockman, thx.. How'd you do it?

Date: May 19, 2019 06:22

CJFP
Snoopy, I think you should do what you think you should do. I think 400 is a lot, but it's the effing Stones! You do you man.

Thx.. The art fair goes on all weekend so if it's not sold tomorrow I'll make an offer and see what happens

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2019 06:27

Awesome Rockman, thx.. How'd you do it?

just reduced it in Photoshop …… but you
should be able to do a resize in whatever
site your uploading from ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 19, 2019 06:34

Buy it, i'd be running down there myself if it was nearby

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 19, 2019 06:43

snoopy2
CJFP

Thx.. The art fair goes on all weekend so if it's not sold tomorrow I'll make an offer and see what happens

It's a very cool piece.
The blue is what really sets it off imo.
Hope you can make a deal.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 19, 2019 08:24

Well, dunno about prices of glass art in the US but over here the equivalent of USD 400 doesn't seem exaggerated for such a piece. Also considering that perhaps it took the artist more that just 5 minutes to make it, and the materials possibly didn't come for free either.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 19, 2019 08:33

This is excellent. Make a offer and buy.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 19, 2019 08:44

after they shoot the water rats and feed them to the geese,
they then try to avoid that big red blob and manuever deftly
like aviators and shoot to those clear pieces of glass above it
where they can see the reflected sky....nice....
and that's where the ol' neck breaks.
the water rats that didn't get shot are all, hey hye karma baby
and they bellies fat
paint it black you devil

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 19, 2019 14:36

CJFP
Too high.

You can always hang it lower, or put it on the floor.

Date: May 19, 2019 15:39

Koen
CJFP
Too high.

You can always hang it lower, or put it on the floor.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: May 20, 2019 03:14

Snoopy,
Buy it, buy it now... just own it.
Of course... first offer the seller $300.00. Try that, always.

Buy it, own it, hang it and
for the next 50 years you will smile every time the sun shines Stones on you.

as far as resizing.
If you use windows, there is a simple to use program called "Paint". I keep a short cut of it on my desk top and/or you can find it in accessories under programs.

If the picture is on your computer, you can either drag the file onto the short icon on your desk top to open it.... Or if no shortcut, you can open Paint and then use the drop down options, select OPEN, find your picture on your computer and open it into paint.

Once it is open there are many many option for things you can do... and one is RESIZE.

It is very easy. There may be many words in that explanation, but it is simpler than it looks..

Once you do it a couple of times you will be able to do it faster the time it took reading this post.

One tip I will give you. Once picture is on your computer, in a folder someplace... I suggest you copy/paste it making a duplicate/copy of it. Then alter/resize/crop/add words/etc etc make the changes to the duplicate, keeping the original as it is. That way if you mess make any mistakes you always have the original.

Once you have resized the picture save it.

Now... go buy that stained glass! $400 is NOT over priced.
Freekin paper posters at concerts are selling for $60 these days
$400 for actual well done stained glass is a fine price.
If you dont believe me, go research making it on your own. Take classes, buy supplies, cut the glass, lead the glass.... mess up... PRACTICE.... buy more glass... cut it... break it.... buy more... HONE YOUR SKILLS.... do it again.... try putting it together... it does not look as good as the above... so you start again.... and buy more supplies.... and again... and again... until finally it looks acceptable.... and you spent a 100 hours and $1000.

Date: May 20, 2019 03:20

Rockman

Lookin VERY good thumbs up
Its like a cherry red Stones cherry! With lonesome and blue accents.
All very nicely framed in subdued gray to highlight the reds and blues...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 20, 2019 04:47

I have no idea whether the price is right. The thing is - where do you keep a piece like this? Stained glass needs a sun to shine through it.
That's the purpose with it. Having it on the wall in a cellar somewhere would be useless.

Date: May 20, 2019 06:07

Xam
Rockman

Thx for your thoughts!

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: May 20, 2019 12:54

I want it I need it

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 20, 2019 13:23

It is indeed not overpriced IMO

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 20, 2019 13:28

Stoneage
I have no idea whether the price is right. The thing is - where do you keep a piece like this? Stained glass needs a sun to shine through it.
That's the purpose with it. Having it on the wall in a cellar somewhere would be useless.

It's an object of wondrous beauty. I'd have bought it without hesitation at that price.

As for a place to hang it, I hear that some of the stained glass in the Notre Dame got damaged recently - offer it up to France in their hour of need?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 20, 2019 14:30

What a great piece!
$400 US is not that high price, considering all the other Stones related artwork thats out there. If it was on the Stones official merch site it, they would probably sell it for double.

Follow Xam's lead and offer $300 first. Never hurts to ask.
Enjoy it!

Date: May 20, 2019 18:54

snoopy2
Xam

Thx for your thoughts!

My pleasure ... Thanks for letting us see it. I hope you own it.

spikenyc
What a great piece!
$400 US is not that high price, considering all the other Stones related artwork thats out there. If it was on the Stones official merch site it, they would probably sell it for double.

Follow Xam's lead and offer $300 first. Never hurts to ask.
Enjoy it!

:D Indeed, never hurts to ask.

Whenever I feel anxious about asking for a better price I put myself in the sellers shoes (and I am a seller on ebay quite often) and I imagine the offer... and as long as it is fair (aka not a stupid low ball) offer I am happy to decline if I feeling confident (not often)... or counter if I am in the mood to sell... or accept it happily if I want to be done.

Viewing the offer/counteroffers as seller makes it easier to make an offer... save $100... own a very cool work of art.

PS
I bet if it was on the Stones store it would cost $2000.00+ and not be as well constructed... and it would arrive broken... and there is no phone number... so we would have to email them... and a week later they would say what they always say... blah blah blah yadda ...

That online Stones store is so hard to deal with... it is a PITA.

I wonder if Mick knows/understands exactly how piss poor the store that handles selling Stones stuff really is?

If I could I would suggest to Mick/Keef to buy (or try to buy) some of that stuff... and also have a couple of their (nobody/unfamous) acquaintances buy/try to buy some stuff... and see for themselves how it usually goes (it is usually no fun to deal with that store)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 20, 2019 19:12

I'd rather have this than Ronnie's recent work

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 20, 2019 20:04

Great, Great, Great!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 20, 2019 22:35

CaptainCorella
Stoneage

It's an object of wondrous beauty. I'd have bought it without hesitation at that price.

As for a place to hang it, I hear that some of the stained glass in the Notre Dame got damaged recently - offer it up to France in their hour of need?

Wouldn't that be blasphemy? .......

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home