Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT:Queen to Tour With Adam Lambert as Lead Singer
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2012 23:51

[ultimateclassicrock.com]
Queen will never replace Freddie Mercury, but the band reportedly are set to reform once again this summer with another vocalist stepping in to handle the late singer’s frontman duties. Flamboyant ‘American Idol’ star Adam Lambert says he will serve as Queen’s singer during a headlining run on this summer’s touring Sonisphere festival in Europe.

Original Queen guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor are no strangers to rocking with Lambert. They performed ‘We Are The Champions’ with him during the ‘American Idol’ finals when he won in 2009, and then again hit the stage with him just last November at the MTV Europe Awards.

Some Queen purists may scoff at an ‘Idol’ singer taking over for the late Mercury, but at least Lambert knows his place in this equation. “The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some f—ing great songs,” he tells The Daily Star. “It’s to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would have been proud of.”

“There’s no intention in my mind of replacing Freddie,” he adds. “That’s impossible. The way I’m choosing to view it is that it’s a great honor and one I’m in no way going to shirk.”

The pairing should be of no surprise to Ultimate Classic Rock readers who read our interview with Roger Taylor last December. “I think Brian and I will very possibly be doing something with Adam, because he’s really great,” he said. “His range is unequaled, I think, and his stage presence is really quite something these days. He’s a phenomenal performer and it went very well, so that was very interesting, actually. We would hope to be doing something with Adam at some point.”

Re: OT:Queen to Tour With Adam Lambert as Lead Singer
Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: February 4, 2012 00:15

Screw that! Hire this guy already!!!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 4, 2012 00:59

No Freddie = No Queen.

It can never be.

I don't care what they call themselves.

Some members are just the main attraction, and that was Freddie.

Like Mick or Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-04 01:00 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 4, 2012 01:22

Please God make it stop.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: February 4, 2012 01:52

At least Paul Rogers was also a legend in his own right so his teaming up with Queen was kind of respectful enough to Freddie and his legacy whereas putting a certified karaoke singer in his place is downright insulting.

Date: February 4, 2012 02:46

Teach yourself Freddie.....

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: February 4, 2012 03:41

per AL twitter>

"1 hour 49 sec ago
Oooh them clever reporters takin my quotes outta context.... I haven't confirmed any guest appearances. I was talking about the EMA'S. smiling smiley

54 min 41 sec ago
That being said, I'm truly flattered by your jump to such glorious conclusions mr journalist!! smiling smiley "

OR...brushing it off awaiting an official announcement....hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2012 03:58

I have no problem with this...he has a great voice and lots of people will enjoy this homage.

How did we get so old and stodgy?

Date: February 4, 2012 06:06

treaclefingers
I have no problem with this...he has a great voice and lots of people will enjoy this homage.

Yeah,I'm not totally apalled by the idea. Not a fan of Adam Lambert by any means. Too,way over the top flamboyant for me. More concerned with being outrageous than singing well. But I can't blame older bands who have members who have passed away.But still want to perform.People get too hung up on names. It's not Queen without Freddie Mercury. Again. Who cares what they call it. If they go out and put on a good show,that's all that matters.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 4, 2012 07:49

Lady Gaga was apparently Brian May's first choice, and expressed some interest,
but no deal was reached...

Pink did a nice job channeling Freddy and Bohemian Rhapsody on her last tour.
I was kinda hoping she'd get/take the job. She does Robert Plant very well also...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-04 07:51 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 4, 2012 09:27

Why don't they just have Wayne and Garth front Queen?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 4, 2012 09:30

God that kid is a souless LA created hack. Terrible and all that is wrong with popular American music shown on mainstream TV. Plus that make up is tacky as hell.

Date: February 4, 2012 09:31

i like the queen+rodgers stuff but i will not support queen+lambert.

why can't they just get george michael to sing with them?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 4, 2012 09:57

Having an American Idol fill in for Freddie Mercury sounds like a great idea.

While we're at it, if Mick doesn't want to tour this year just replace him with Susan Boyle

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 4, 2012 10:10

That's funny sh i t nocde!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: February 4, 2012 10:25

superrevvy

I was kinda hoping she'd get/take the job. She does Robert Plant very well also...

Wow, Pink is the only great one out there among "them". Love her voice!
Tnx for posting.
TE
Oslo

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: February 4, 2012 11:24

TE
superrevvy

Wow, Pink is the only great one out there among "them". Love her voice!
Tnx for posting.
TE
Oslo

Agree with you TE 100%. She has amazing voice (and great songs)! Such a great talent and phenomenal perfomer.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 4, 2012 12:12

NoCode0680

While we're at it, if Mick doesn't want to tour this year just replace him with Susan Boyle

Brilliant picture! smiling smiley

Date: February 4, 2012 14:48

sweetcharmedlife
treaclefingers

Yeah,I'm not totally apalled by the idea. Not a fan of Adam Lambert by any means. Too,way over the top flamboyant for me. More concerned with being outrageous than singing well. But I can't blame older bands who have members who have passed away.But still want to perform.People get too hung up on names. It's not Queen without Freddie Mercury. Again. Who cares what they call it. If they go out and put on a good show,that's all that matters.

I'm with SCL and treacle. Life goes on, and Adam is IMO not a LA made creature. Matter of fact he had a time going against the grain.
I like that BRian and Roger team up with young singers.
(Pink is great btw)

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 4, 2012 15:41

I think world is a better place without Queen. - The most overrated band in history of popular music. Crap.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 4, 2012 17:01

seitan
I think world is a better place without Queen. - The most overrated band in history of popular music. Crap.

That's right dude! Grand Funk Railroad bet the sh!t out of these Limey fags!
Want another beer?

Date: February 4, 2012 20:56

NoCode0680

That is very deeply disturbing.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 4, 2012 21:16

sweetcharmedlife
NoCode0680

That is very deeply disturbing.eye popping smiley

Keith doesn't seem to mind. In his mind there is probably very little difference between Susan and Brenda.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 4, 2012 21:20

lambert's cool.

Date: February 4, 2012 21:23

seitan

what was the official rating again?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 4, 2012 22:56

I like a couple of Queen songs but the other day I just couldn't go through the whole Best of CD, just couldn't. Just horrible.

Saw them back in 76 and I remember being very disappointed.

Date: February 4, 2012 23:45

StonesTod
seitan

Good point, - It’s like rating McDonalds. I know Queen is popular, just like fast food, and what do both have in common? They make you puke and they rot your brain.

Queen concert - It is more boring than having tea with nan and the relatives.

I have lost all faith in humanity thanks to this Freddy Mercury guy, when I heard him yodle - Had a knife been close at hand while I heard him, - I would have stabbed my own leg just so I could have FELT something other than nausea.

But you have my deepest sympathy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-04 23:47 by seitan.

Date: February 4, 2012 23:51

seitan
StonesTod
seitan

Good point, - It’s like rating McDonalds. I know Queen is popular, just like fast food, and what do both have in common? They make you puke and they rot your brain.

I have lost all faith in humanity thanks to this Freddy Mercury guy, when I heard him yodle - Had a knife been close at hand while I heard him, - I would have stabbed my own leg just so I could have FELT something other than nausea.

you do realize there are perfectly normal people who have the same opinion of jagger and the stones?

Date: February 5, 2012 00:48

StonesTod
seitan
StonesTod
seitan

you do realize there are perfectly normal people who have the same opinion of jagger and the stones?

Whaat ? huh ? ..and where ? ..No. I dont think so. Really ? Nooo.. No way. What would they listen, no - you must be joking. Hehehe.

Date: February 5, 2012 01:38

seitan
StonesTod
seitan
StonesTod
seitan

Whaat ? huh ? ..and where ? ..No. I dont think so. Really ? Nooo.. No way. What would they listen, no - you must be joking. Hehehe.

mhm. some of my best friends. i think they have far better taste in music than me, too.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home