Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Peter Mayhew...so long, Chewie
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 3, 2019 04:26

He played Chewbacca in the Star Wars franchise. Love his character. May have to watch a few tonight.

Re: OT: RIP Peter Mayhew...so long, Chewie
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 3, 2019 04:33

Sad day! He was always one of my favorite characters. RIP Mr. Mayhew.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 3, 2019 13:44

R.I.P.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 3, 2019 15:12

May the force be with him.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 3, 2019 15:23

RIP

Chewbacca is the greatest character in American cinematic history.
Amazing that Peter Mayhew gave such life and vitality to this creature.
By all accounts, he embraced the fans and enjoyed the adventure to its fullest.

Date: May 3, 2019 15:28

Kurt
RIP

Amazing that Peter Mayhew gave such life and vitality to this creature.
By all accounts, he embraced the fans and enjoyed the adventure to its fullest.
There are endless accounts of how kind and accommodating Mayhew was with his fans.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 3, 2019 18:47

Kurt
RIP

While it's nice to say something nice when somebody dies, it doesn't mean that you get a pass to say complete nonsense.

If one had to pick the actual greatest character in cinematic history, it would probably be Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp.

That noted, RIP Peter Mayhew.

Date: May 3, 2019 18:59

Nonsense...
I stand by my comment.

Date: May 3, 2019 19:39

Kurt
Nonsense...
I stand by my comment.
There are no right or wrong answers here.

Even as a HUGE Star Wars nerd, I don't agree, but that's the beauty of opinions.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2019 10:34

loog droog
Kurt
RIP

While it's nice to say something nice when somebody dies, it doesn't mean that you get a pass to say complete nonsense.

If one had to pick the actual greatest character in cinematic history, it would probably be Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp.

Or one of John Wayne's western characters. You know where an adult behaves like an adult not like some retarded teenager... Yeah that jab is for you George Lucas and your silly trilogies! eye rolling smiley

Date: May 5, 2019 15:40

dcba
...retarded teenager...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2019 17:48

Well, basically, Lucas and Spielberg killed the American cinema at the end of the 70's.
Prior to their rise to fame you had quality movies that dealt with adult problems (example : "A Dog Day Afternoon").
After these two "creative" disasters monopolized the top of US box office it was all about E.T. eye rolling smiley Ewoks confused smiley and Goonies. angry smiley The American cinema was gone, dead, it turned into silly entertainment for 8-13 yo kids.
Alec Guinness justly described the "Star Wars" phenomenon by calling it rubbish".

Think how many filmic turds Spielberg churned out over the years while the superiorly talented Martin Scorcese had trouble finding money to fund his movies.
And let's not talk about David Lynch or John Sayles...

But Kurt i'm broad-minded : I'll let you have Hayden Christensen's entire filmography while I keep Robert de Niro 1970's best films for me! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-05 17:54 by dcba.

Date: May 5, 2019 17:57

dcba
Well, basically, Lucas and Spielberg killed the American cinema at the end of the 70's.
Prior to their rise to fame you had quality movies that dealt with adult problems (example : "A Dog Day Afternoon").
After these two "creative" disasters monopolized the top of US box office it was all about E.T. eye rolling smiley Ewoks confused smiley and Goonies. angry smiley The American cinema was gone, dead, it turned into silly entertainment for 8-13 yo kids.
Alec Guinness justly described the "Star Wars" phenomenon by calling it rubbish".

Think how many filmic turds Spielberg churned out over the years while the superiorly talented Martin Scorcese had trouble finding money to fund his movies.
And let's not talk about David Lynch or John Sayles...

But Kurt i'm broad-minded : I'll let you have Hayden Christensen's entire filmography while I keep Robert de Niro 1970's best films for me! >grinning smiley<
Nice job pissing all over a dead man's memory just so you can prove what a superior snob you are.

Save your pretentious nonsense for a thread that doesn't involve expressing condolences about someone who died.

Date: May 5, 2019 18:01

And I love how you think it's apparently impossible to like Spielberg/Lucas films AND classic '70s films.

I happen to like both, but I don't need to broadcast it to make myself look intellectually superior...but again, your eagerness to piss on a dead man's grave just for sadistic satisfaction shows you can't buy class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-05 18:06 by keefriff99.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: May 6, 2019 17:45

loog droog
Kurt
RIP

That noted, RIP Peter Mayhew.
Perv

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home