Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - new Madonna single 'Medellín'
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:23

video: [www.youtube.com]

What do you think?

Well I think at least at age 60 she's trying to stay current. It's what she's always been doing, working with young people. I think she's a bit like a female Mick Jagger - an eternal teenager trapper in an old person's body.

Re: OT - new Madonna single 'Medellín'
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:28

Oh, no, this is far from my taste. It could have been a current Eurovision song.

smoking smileyRe: OT - new Madonna single 'Medellín'
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:35

I like it with a nice Latin flavor and a really nice groove . Wow , Madonna does it again

Date: April 17, 2019 21:36

NilsHolgersson
video: [www.youtube.com]

What do you think?

Well I think at least at age 60 she's trying to stay current. It's what she's always been doing, working with young people. I think she's a bit like a female Mick Jagger - an eternal teenager trapper in an old person's body.
Thank you Kindly for posting !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:41

NilsHolgersson
an eternal teenager trapped in an old person's body.

She's more of "an eternal opportunist trapped in an old person's body" grinning smiley

I betcha she's going to release a song named "Notre Dame" as soon as possible!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:50

NilsHolgersson

What do you think?

Sounds a bit like Mick's "Gotta Get a Grip" ....

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:52

Not feeling this. Nothing released this year will beat Solange's latest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 00:30 by Bastion.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:53

I haven't remotely liked anything she's done in nearly 20 years, but her ability to survive in today's fickle, youth-oriented music landscape is impressive.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 17, 2019 21:54

shes always seemed desperate to me, tries to hard to impress and rarely does, made some good songs in the past but nothing more and made some crap too,plenty of it. shes always looked like a hooker to me, just never had that natural sex appeal that some woman have, and know they have without having to dress like a tart. shes way overrated and is a long time has been. she should retire. and start to act her age.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 17, 2019 22:10

Boring song. I couldn't make it past the second verse.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: April 18, 2019 00:23

Awful.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 18, 2019 00:31

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 00:38 by Bastion.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 00:38

buttons67
shes always seemed desperate to me, tries to hard to impress and rarely does, made some good songs in the past but nothing more and made some crap too,plenty of it. shes always looked like a hooker to me, just never had that natural sex appeal that some woman have, and know they have without having to dress like a tart. shes way overrated and is a long time has been. she should retire. and start to act her age.
You nailed it.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:12

Nope.

Date: April 18, 2019 01:23

buttons67

I think Madonna has done some great songs over the years with a lot of feeling. She
sold millions of records and is one of the most successful female performers of the last 3 or 4 decades. Not that I want to promote her, but saying that she should retire and start to act her age,?? You might say the same about the Stones. Show some respect Sir.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:29

To be fair: She's 15 years younger than Knight Commander. 30 years older than his girlfriends, but anyway. She produces albums on a regular basis
(about 3 years in between) and doesn't play the same setlist over and over when on tour.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:00

No I think she still kind of reinvents herself everytime since the early 80s which is something I respect. A lot of "new Madonnas" came along over the years and have disappeared again (people like Britney).

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:06

NilsHolgersson
No I think she still kind of reinvents herself every time since the early 80s which is something I respect. A lot of "new Madonnas" came along over the years and have disappeared again (people like Britney).

By "reinvents herself every time" do you mean her massive amount of cosmetic surgery?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 10:03 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:15

What do I think?

60 year olds shouldn't do cocaine.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:23

Rolling Stones fans judging Madonna. How sweet.

- Doxa

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 18, 2019 04:19

This will sound great pounding out through the exercise room. I'd follow it with Donna Summer doing Sunset People from the Bad Girls album, which still has great sounding grooves on it.

Donna Summer

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 18, 2019 07:00

i dont like the rap or hiphop or whatever it is called, it made me close the window lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 07:01 by MononoM.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 18, 2019 08:31

Madonna was once the innovator and trend-setter. Now, she follows trends, trying to stay relevant.

Date: April 18, 2019 08:46

That's true, Al. And the trend audience isn't very loyal. But if you made it big once there is often a core of fans out there who won't leave you until you drop.
It's just a matter how big it is. In the RS case it's huge...

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 18, 2019 10:20

Stoneage
That's true, Al. And the trend audience isn't very loyal. But if you made it big once there is often a core of fans out there who won't leave you until you drop.
It's just a matter how big it is. In the RS case it's huge...

That's right and in Madonna's case she has managed to lose a lot of long term fans in recent years with her antics such as regularly coming on stage up to three hours late. The Stones are way more professional though of course they did the same long ago. On the other hand Madonna puts out new material on a fairly regular basis, (prolific by Stones standards), and has a completely different setlist every time she tours. As to the material itself it's obviously a matter of taste and the aversion of many on this board to dance music means they'll hate it. Personally I thought the last album, Rebel Heart, was a return to form after a series of fairly mundane albums. As for this single, I like it a lot. It's a break from the genre she seemed trapped in and just might revive interest in her the way Ray Of Light did decades ago. I'll be interested to hear the whole album if it continues this sound.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 18, 2019 12:06

Odd that some one said it was a Eurovision song, as the rumour is she will be
on the Eurovision show doing the song to like 800 million viewers, don't think the mick n the boys would ever stoop so low

Date: April 18, 2019 12:13

"Stoop low" - performing in front of 800 million viewers? I would call it smart marketing rather...

Re: smoking smileyRe: OT - new Madonna single 'Medellín'
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 18, 2019 12:15

TheGreek
I like it with a nice Latin flavor and a really nice groove . Wow , Madonna does it again

I still prefer La Isla Bonita. Those were the days.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 12:27

Last great album IMO, 1998.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: April 18, 2019 13:58

Reading the comments posted above made me think haters are going to hate . I still Love Madonna from when I first heard her in 1979 .

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home