Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Interaction on stage between Keith and Bill
Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: April 16, 2019 21:49

I´m watching on old video, Brixton Academy.

Right after the intro of, TD Keith moves over to Darryl, plays face-2-face with him, both smiling, having fun.

Was there ever this kind of interaction on stage between Keith and Bill?

Priest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-16 22:04 by bv.

Re: Interaction on stage between Keith and Bill
Date: April 16, 2019 22:38

Never seen that. Neither between Taylor and Richards btw.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 16, 2019 22:57

I remember during Black Limo at Hampton Roads on the 18th that Keith looks at Bill and tries to communicate with the Eyes but it kinda feels like Bill ignores it, but I might be wrong!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 16, 2019 23:07

Yeah, I've seen it but for the life of me I can't remember the show. Maybe "Atlantic City"?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 16, 2019 23:13

I sometimes wonder if Bill was told to stand a bit away from the others. Not to steal the limelight I mean. Sort of a semi Stu treatment?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 16, 2019 23:14

No---Jagger messed with Bill a lot..Funny at times.

Date: April 16, 2019 23:23

There's a lot of interaction between the Stones on stage.Some are quite funny. I've seen Richards shouting at Taylor to stop noodling during Tumling dice. And another show, I believe '81, you can see Bill Wyman shaking his head during a Ron Wood solo.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 16, 2019 23:30

Virgin Priest

Right after the intro of, TD Keith moves over to Darryl, plays face-2-face with him, both smiling, having fun.

Priest

Was there ever this kind of staged interaction between Keith and Bill?
There, fixed for you...grinning smiley
And the answer is "no" of course.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 16, 2019 23:35

TheflyingDutchman

MT interacting with KR
[youtu.be]

MT interacting with CW
[youtu.be]

The best version of CYHMK live,IMO

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: April 16, 2019 23:43

Stoneage
I sometimes wonder if Bill was told to stand a bit away from the others. Not to steal the limelight I mean. Sort of a semi Stu treatment?
Maybe Bill is too busy looking at the girls in the audience to interact with Mick and Keith.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 16, 2019 23:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-16 23:46 by mtaylor.

Date: April 16, 2019 23:45

This is the best

Date: April 16, 2019 23:55

The Joker
TheflyingDutchman

MT interacting with KR
[youtu.be]

MT interacting with CW
[youtu.be]

The best version of CYHMK live,IMO

Thanks. I mean when Taylor was still a member.This is a completely different occasion imho.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 17, 2019 00:08

The Perth and Melbourne shows I saw some YT videos of Keith looking at MT during MT solo over Brown Sugar. Keith got pissed at MT during TD on Ladies and Gentlemen and looked at him. LOL

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 17, 2019 00:13

mtaylor
This is the best

nuthin' to say.
just wanna jam the internet with as many postings of this as possible.
cause lovely

Date: April 17, 2019 02:17

i saw bill almost arch an eyebrow toward keith once. we were in tears.

Date: April 17, 2019 02:20

it wasn't just that either; but that was more than enough for me, boy howdy!
bill then took a sideways slow step, and perhaps a little embarrassed by the display, pretended to scout the first few rows for chicks folks he could get to meet after the show, and learn more about our country.
he didn't roll his eyes at mick, charlie already covered that.
and bill knows how it feels to get his stuff stolen.
for example jjf

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 17, 2019 02:46

Virgin Priest
I´m watching on old video, Brixton Academy.

Priest

No, because Daryl is a guest on The Rolling Stones stage.he is a session player employed by the band to fill in on bass.
He’s also a really nice guy and Keith was probably having fun jamming with him.
Bill Wyman is The Rolling Stones bass player that Daryl fills in for because he retired.
The actual rhythm section didn’t exchange alot of niceties,their interactions were musical.
Bill once said that they never told each other “hey, great show”or anything remotely pleasant as they walked off the stage until Ronnie joined the band.
Before that they only called each other out for mistakes or said nothing.

Those three guys in that picture were the best rhythm section in the history of rock and roll music,they didn’t spend alot of time smiling and backslapping.
And what a picture it is,funny enough Keith is right between them just like onstage,Charlie in one ear and Bill in the other.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 17, 2019 03:20

There's a shot in LSTNT where Keith brushes his hand through Bill's hair as he strolls past him, maybe in MY.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 17, 2019 11:54

You can hear their crucial interaction live and on records 1964-1982 (1991). Midnight Rambler 1973 is one example. No need for staged interaction.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 17, 2019 14:08

Yep, there was a musical interaction between Keith and Bill back in the old days. Although it was mostly a one-way street: Bill kept his ears on Keith's guitar and slightly anticipated what he was playing (while Charlie slightly followed behind), those three together causing thereby the famous 'wobble' - Keith eyes and ears clocked, just trusting his intuition, and the two other following him. However, Bill occasionally would even lead the whole band by pointing out the chord and song part changes (which means also Keith was keeping on eye on his doings).

The result of that 'wobble' was the sound of the greatest rock and roll band in the world.

I guess people might think with 'interaction' something else, but as far as I am concerned, the only only interaction which matters is the one I described above.

- Doxa

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 17, 2019 15:18

mtaylor
This is the best

The definition of rhythm section.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: April 17, 2019 17:03

mtaylor
This is the best

-great picture

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 17, 2019 19:15

Doxa
Yep, there was a musical interaction between Keith and Bill back in the old days. Although it was mostly a one-way street: Bill kept his ears on Keith's guitar and slightly anticipated what he was playing (while Charlie slightly followed behind), those three together causing thereby the famous 'wobble' - Keith eyes and ears clocked, just trusting his intuition, and the two other following him. However, Bill occasionally would even lead the whole band by pointing out the chord and song part changes (which means also Keith was keeping on eye on his doings).

The result of that 'wobble' was the sound of the greatest rock and roll band in the world.

I guess people might think with 'interaction' something else, but as far as I am concerned, the only only interaction which matters is the one I described above.

- Doxa

Any views on the level of interaction with Brian Jones?
I get the impression Brian was in his own world most of the time. Or perhaps that's being a bit harsh.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 17, 2019 19:27

I think the relationship was different. Bill was in the core of the band, on equal footing with the others. Darryl is a hired gun. Mick never interacted with Brian on stage that I remember. (Bill and Brian would exchange looks). I don't remember Bill and Charlie ever looking at each on stage, though they were/are close off it. I'm still curious as to why Bill went to stage left, by Keith, sometime in '65, and never returned to the other side, leaving that right spot for the other guitarist, alone. Was it musical? Was it Andrew trying to push Brian/Mick/Keith up front?

And yes, I've seen smiles and acknowledgments between Keith and Bill on stage. Usually brief. I'm sure there was a lot more interaction off stage.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: April 17, 2019 22:20

hot stuff
No---Jagger messed with Bill a lot..Funny at times.

I think the last time Bill played with them Mick under his breath was like "The detector"

though as a history buff I do find Bill's metal detector hobby more cool than odd

Date: April 18, 2019 00:32

Doxa

- Doxa

It's called "Designer Sloppiness",. like Jeff Beck put it, cause he doesn't understand it either. I myself don't believe that there's a "deliberate" way of creating the "wobble" like you describe it: Keith following Charlie or Bill taking the lead , taking an eye etc etc. It's merely the mood of the day, the way of recording or even the position of the amps on stage. It's a matter of timing i.e. syncopation at best, like every good rock or blues band, but you cannot control milliseconds in music by looking at each other and than controlling it, hence the "wobble".
That's were the musical paradox of the Stones' "old sound" creeps in. There 's no musical explanation or whatsoever. They have no conductor, not Charie, Bill or Keith. It's a coincidence of different people with a different but familiar musical heartbeat cementing it together. It just happens, spontaneously. There's a good chance that I misinterpret your post though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 00:53 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: April 18, 2019 01:27

RaahenTiikeri
mtaylor
This is the best

-great picture
One of the best and down to earth rhythm section ever.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:33

I don't think it has anything to do with KEith's feeling toward either Bill or Darryl, but everything to do with Keith becoming a more demonstrative and more relaxed personality in his later years.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:39

I think laziness is the only reason they never sacked Darryl on bass. He has never connected with them musically.
Socially I'm sure, but not on stage. He never did fit in. A bad choice.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home