Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rock and Roll Circus to be shown in US Theaters
Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: March 22, 2019 19:26

Not sure if this has been posted yet, if it has, feel free to take this down or not comment. Looks like there will be national screenings during the first week in April of Rock and Roll Circus for all of the US friends on the forum. Should be an interesting experience on the big screen with dolby theater sound, even if we have (probably) all seen it numerous times.

Here is a link for tickets, although the location I am in (AZ) doesn't seem to have an actual purchase link / showtimes listed yet. I will have to call the theater and inquire.

[www.rockandrollcircusthefilm.com]

Might be a fun thing to do in prep for the tour...

Re: Rock and Roll Circus to be shown in US Theaters
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 22, 2019 23:49

I love to see this movie in a theater................ but I live in ZH so I pass (Zuid Holland)

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: March 23, 2019 00:12

NICOS
I love to see this movie in a theater................ but I live in ZH so I pass (Zuid Holland)

LOL. Same goes for me (ZH).

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 23, 2019 00:14

Playing at a few places near me.

Thanks! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 23, 2019 00:19

DiamondDog7
NICOS

LOL. Same goes for me (ZH).

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 23, 2019 02:26

I will 100% be trying to catch a screening of this in theaters. I can never see this film enough and to see it on the big screen would truly be a thrill.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 23, 2019 03:23

NICOS

grinning smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 1, 2019 03:25

With all the bad news I thought I’d bump this one up...

Who wants to celebrate again and watch this on a BIG SCREEN?!

Wifey and I are going tomorrow. Our theater is throwing in a free popcorn too!
cool smiley

Anyone else?

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 06:28

If you’re talkin’ Mountain View, California at the San Antonio shopping center theatres

Date: April 1, 2019 06:29

If I wasn't already going I definitely am now. Mick on the big screen in what I consider one of his greatest moments is something I am not missing, especially if he's having any sort of health issues. I need him to get better, but for now I'll settle for seeing that glorious Sympathy For The Devil performance.

Date: April 2, 2019 07:13

I had a @#$%& blast. Completely empty theater, great sound system. I was able to sneak a beer in. I hooted, hollered, sang and looked like a complete idiot for a movie I've seen 200 times before. And I loved every second of it.

From the hilarious Jethro Tull performance (only one with Tony Iommi), in my eyes one of the Who's greatest performances ever, Taj Mahal just killing it, Marianne Faithful at her most pretty and nervous, Lennon and Jagger's amazing banter, then a killer performance of Yer Blues. Even Yoko howling is part of the whole thing to me. Then the Stones brilliant performance. So much greatness in such a short film. I never get tired of it. This was a thrill.

Date: April 2, 2019 12:57

LOVED IT on the big screen...

After the No Expectations- You Can’t Always Get What You Want one/two punch the Wifey leaned over and asked “Are you crying?”

Seeing Keith Moon in his sparkly top was worth the price of admission.

I think I’ll go again tomorrow!

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: April 2, 2019 21:06

Getting my tickets for tomorrow. Can't wait!! Things are almost always better on the big screen (likely because its... a bigger screen lol) , but I'm also excited to have the full theater audio set up too. Hopefully the guys in Glendale, AZ know how to turn up the volume knob!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 21:07 by Benjiboy13.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:25

The film print shown at my screening was fairly grainy, but the sound was killer! It was fun to see it on the big screen. Looking forward to seeing the resortation job on the 4K/Blu Ray coming out, though the DVD looked pretty good already from years ago.

Posted by: Stones32 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:17

Going tomorrow here in Austin...a little pricey about $20/ticket.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:21

Stones32
Going tomorrow here in Austin...a little pricey about $20/ticket.

Went last night.. worth every penny.
Very cool to experience on big screen.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:48

Wait, is this the same as the official DVD I’ve had for many years now? Or something completely different?

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: April 3, 2019 02:45

Any Canadian showings?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 3, 2019 06:21

The funny thing is that this was shot in (presumably) PAL video format in 1968! I am waiting for it to come out in 4K!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2019 07:44

Koen
Wait, is this the same as the official DVD I’ve had for many years now? Or something completely different?

Same old, same old. It's already perfect on DVD. There is no additional footage. Nothing. It's like the recent Beggars Banquet ABKCO release, nothing new and nothing better. 'You ever feel you've been cheated'?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 3, 2019 15:06

24FPS

Same old, same old. It's already perfect on DVD. There is no additional footage. Nothing. It's like the recent Beggars Banquet ABKCO release, nothing new and nothing better. 'You ever feel you've been cheated'?

Nah..
Movies are re-released on the big screen routinely to commemorate anniversaries etc. Took my daughter to "Jaws" not long ago (spoiler- the shark still dies). The Big screen and sound etc obviously add to the experience.
If anyone feels "cheated" it should be directed towards their reading teachers as the film was presented as advertised cool smiley.

Date: April 3, 2019 15:50

Yeah, its watching a big square on the screen. Its funny cause it is grainy and it doesn't fill the whole screen at all, you could play another movie with the empty space on either side. But thats fine. It doesn't hamper the enjoyment and the movie wasn't meant to be played in theaters. They're basically playing the DVD in a theater was fantastic sound. I have no problem with that for one night.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 18:20

I'm going to pass on this on the big screen but I won't miss Amazing Grace when it opens here in Chicago next weekend.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: April 3, 2019 21:51

From the article in link below:

"The live concert special’s restoration has been sourced from the 35mm internegative"

"The 4K restoration beautifully captures and recreates this historic event, creating a truly unique and immersive experience that fans won’t be able to get anywhere else."

[themusicuniverse.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 22:31

Apart from No Expectations, can you hear Brian playing guitar?

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: April 4, 2019 02:49

Saw it on April 1st here in St. Petersburg. Planned for it to start the tour hype (JAX being my first of the tour). Unfortunately we'll have to wait a little for that show. However, the footage looked great and the audio FREAKIN rocked! Enjoyed Keith's Bass for the Dirty Mac. The worst part was the screams and shrills of Yoko in high quality as expected from previous viewings. However, Taj Mahal sounded great but nothing compares to Brian's sweet slide on No Expectations. Wish they had added the outtakes but still nice to see it on the big screen. Tried to listen for any other guitar parts from Brian but it was ultimately pretty tough. If he is included he's only playing the rhythm parts and they blend in with Bill and Nicky Hopkins' piano.

Brian had some kind of genius for finding people, didn't he?
-"He did. He got us together – Charlie, Mick and me."-"Life" by Keith Richards

Roll Tide

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 4, 2019 04:30

Saw it tonight in Florida. I had never seen it before (I came on board with the Stones in the late 70s.). Loved it! Omg.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 4, 2019 06:27

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 06:31 by colonial.

Date: April 4, 2019 12:45

Went again last night...
Simply impossible to take my eyes off of Mick.

Pete and Moon and Lennon in the crowd acting like Lucky Dippers in the PIT.
Now to decide if I go again tonight?!

Date: April 4, 2019 15:37

Kurt
Simply impossible to take my eyes off of Mick.

So true. You can try, but the man was truly on fire. He gave it his all there. I also always credit this as the first time he had really been "Mick Jagger" on stage. He'd always been good, but this to me was always the first instance where he became the Mick Jagger we know and love. Its amazing how this tiny little concert IMO is a massively important document that holds so much great stuff. Its only an hour and I think its integral to almost every band involved with it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home