Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Rolling Stones Tribute Concert At Carnegie Hall March 13.
Posted by: Sway714 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 08:08

If you think this was a fitting tribute to THE ROLLING STONES...You need to get out more. With the exception of a few...Nobody brought their "A" game. Ian Hunter acted as if he never listened to the words to "19th Nervous Breakdown" before in the last 40 years. This was a tribute to The Stones in New York City @ Carnegie Hall...Not a bunch of garage bands playing some dive bar in WISCONSIN.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 13:08

thanks guys for your reviews.
Wild Horses version is beautiful.
as strange as it may sound, this tribute concert makes me sad.
Sounds like the beginning of the end, the twilight of a great adventure.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 15, 2012 15:23

A few more from those rehearsals, while we're waiting for any more from the actual gig to show up:

Satisfaction with Juliette Lewis:

Heart of Stone with Peaches:

Street Fighting Man with Angelique Kidjo:

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 15, 2012 16:50

Sway714
If you think this was a fitting tribute to THE ROLLING STONES...You need to get out more. With the exception of a few...Nobody brought their "A" game. Ian Hunter acted as if he never listened to the words to "19th Nervous Breakdown" before in the last 40 years. This was a tribute to The Stones in New York City @ Carnegie Hall...Not a bunch of garage bands playing some dive bar in WISCONSIN.

I think you are in the minority in this view. The artists all brought their best and it was for a great cause. What the --uck do you know, anyway?

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 23:12

From Rolling Stone Magazine

[www.rollingstone.com]

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:57

steel driving hammer
The Crowes could of been carried the torch from the Stones but love got in the way...

Yeah hammer their sound was right, their keyboard player for their 1st and best reecord was the same (Chuck L.) but one ingredient very obviously missing...SONGWRITING.

Thanks to those posters who attended and wrote act by act reviews. Much appreciated. peace

Date: March 17, 2012 17:19

Should the Stones have been there if it was a tribute to them? I've heard some people ask that and it made me wonder - does that even matter? There are tributes all the time with the artist being tributed not on the same continent even. Does that even matter?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 17, 2012 18:50

I don't know...I thought some of the artists could have done well with more practice with their lyrics and music.

I'm originally from Wisconsin, btw. I do think Carnegie Hall deserved a bit better. As usual, audience expectations influence perception of performance.
Garfunkel needs to hang it up, in my view. But still, some of this is a matter of personal taste, with
such diverse talent and styles in the line-up

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 17, 2012 23:42

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 18, 2012 04:05

Great song for an American Idol audition.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: March 18, 2012 22:23

Funny. I was there and to me, Rosanne Cash's "Gimme Shelter," which seems not to have been discussed, was the showstopper. So surprising and spooky. She's got miles and miles of class and cool.

"Street Fighting Man" was brilliant as well. And when the ensemble careened into "Tumbling Dice," the room went wild. I don't think I was alone in leaving with my Stones love thoroughly energized.

Of course, the bittersweet element of all this is the Stones' own latter-day reluctance to be anything other than utterly faithful to the arrangements on the records.

Like many others, I've been bored to tears by the tour speculation and the band's dormancy. Relief has come from my new, 500-plus song Stones playlist on my iPod. The standard of quality is staggering and I find that "Let Me Down Slow" and "Gunface" sound even better when they fall next to, say, "Prodigal Son," "Slave" and "Little Queenie."

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home