Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 26
Re: Keith Richards at Hubert Sumlin Memorial Concert NYC Feb 24
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 25, 2012 19:17

As I posted on the video thread - Expressing an honest, informed opinion is not "bashing". We are all fans. Keith played 10 times better blues on the first Stones albums than he does today. It saddens me to see this BECAUSE I LOVE THE MAN. I'm willing to bet that he is also sad and frustrated that his skills have deteriorated to the extent that he is below beginner levels now. And that is a fact. I am very happy that Keith is still alive, if not exactly kicking. He has been a huge part of my life since I was 10 years old (I'm 58 now). He has given me tremendous joy through all those years. I'm just sorry that he can't do it any more. Again, I'd bet good money that he's even sorrier.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 25, 2012 19:19

Aah, now after seeing all the clips in youtube (thanks), I think Keith Richards did a perfect Keith Richards tribute to Mr. Sumlin. He put his heart in it, and did the right thing. Personally as only he can. It was like I wished he would, and honestly, expected him to do (he has done tributes earlier, and always very well, his heart and soul on it). This was Keith Richards's personal conribution. For that raeson I have critizised all the way from the beginning all that Rolling Stones/Jagger hype/crap over this show (and vice versa, over Mick's show). I am glad that Jagger was not there to take the spotlight from Keith, but Keith was able to his thing by his own terms (as I was glad that Keith was not in the White House posing and sapotaging Jagger's great musical moment). Like I said earlier in this thread - or Jagger's one - these two are full grown men, individual artists of their own right. If it is not The Rolling Stones playing, I don't see ANY reason why they should perform together. Actually, they are better without the other messing around. Sometimes I feel that damn that Rolling Stones 50 Anniversary or tour hype that seems to rise too much expectations for things that have nothing to do with that. Those expectations - is Keith good enough to play in the tour, where is Mick/Keith, etc - kills the possibility to enjoy the uniqueness of this kind of perfomance.

Thank you, Keith. You sang beautifully, and played good enough for that context. I don't ask anything else than that.thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 19:21 by Doxa.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 25, 2012 19:30

When Keith doesn't have to sing, he can play much more guitar - not as much as he did in the 60'ies to 90'ies, but still enough to go through a two hour consert for the last big stadium tour.
In that respect it would be good with fx. Mick Taylor as a third guitarist - having one lead and two rythm (could also be Jeff Beck).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 19:31 by mtaylor.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 25, 2012 19:30

Excellent points made in BOTH of the above posts.
Thank you Gentlemen.

Keith Richards - Howling For Hubert - video.
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:46

Re: Keith Richards - Howling For Hubert - video.
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:54

Thank you very much. How a blues man, an old blues man, sounds fantastic. How a Rolling Stone I don´t know.

But i loved the blues man Keith.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:47

Wow. His voice sounds fantastic! Come on Keith do a blues standards album!

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:57

nice seitan thumbs up

to me, this performance is "real", whereas MJ is still trying to be 25, and it's uncomfortable to watch. I was actually squirming with discomfort watching MJ pointing his finger everywhere, eyes popping and short of breath. But when MJ focuses on his voice and dramatic delivery, like in "Commit a Crime" w/ Jeff Beck, he is effective. That is the crossroads where Keith and MJ need to meet, in these later years.

Keith sounds and looks great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 14:59 by paulm.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:58

Thanks again seitan.This is more like how it should be, from now on. Hope they can see this, is the way forward to pair and slow down the show - 'An Evening with The 4 Rolling Stones featuring - Mick Taylor nad Bill Wyman '- now that would be 'Heaven' and I'm sure gain critical acclaim.

Date: February 25, 2012 15:02

Way to go Keith looks like you became what you always wanted to be! Playing to blues until the end,

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:10

I think Keith is ready, don't know about Mick though!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: February 25, 2012 15:18

Come on guys, it's time! Retire with some self respect and dignity!
Blues is boring!

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:52

he can barely play, nice try though

Date: February 25, 2012 16:08

Keith - Spoonful

Date: February 25, 2012 16:09

Gold Coast Slave Ship
Come on guys, it's time! Retire with some self respect and dignity!
Blues is boring!

Gold Coast Slave Ship - Youre boring !!

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:11

I like it well enough. Good for Keith.

But there is some delusional stuff going around... If anyone is ready, it's Jagger.. IF he is.

Keith is done.

Its why he shit the bed with LIFE.....

Date: February 25, 2012 16:18

Link is down?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:25

GOO
he can barely play, nice try though

You must've missed the video...watch again....or post even less than you do.
That was blues that Brian would be proud of

Date: February 25, 2012 16:27

I wished he left his hand on the fret board a little longer! Where was his pick? In his pocket!? The guy is a has been ! He is faking it! It's sad to see as I am a fan!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:31

As I said in the other thread, being able to actually play is not a requirement for a Rolling Stones guitarist. They can have a whole guitar army under the stage covering for him.

Date: February 25, 2012 16:32

Gold Coast Slave Ship
I wished he left his hand on the fret board a little longer! Where was his pick? In his pocket!? The guy is a has been ! He is faking it! It's sad to see as I am a fan!

I don't get it. Are you hoping for Satriani?
This is the blues

Honestly, go check out a Sumlin LP
Then you'll hear what Keith is recreating

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:32

Don't know if he can still play or not, but it looks like he doesn't want to play the guitar anymore. Let him just sing and hire Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton as deluxe replacements.

Date: February 25, 2012 16:35

Munichhilton
Gold Coast Slave Ship

I don't get it. Are you hoping for Satriani?
This is the blues

Honestly, go check out a Sumlin LP
Then you'll hear what Keith is recreating

Gold Coast Slave Ship - What did you expect - high energy rock n roll at a blues concert, or something "new" when they are celebrating Hubert Sumlins memory -songs written in the 40´s - and 50´s - old classic blues songs, - yeah, what did you expect - Disco or Punk or "Brown Sugar"- this is blues concert for traditional blues guitarist Hubert Sumlin - and those guys did fine version of Spoonful, it´s a standard song and they did it in a traditional standard way...because that´s how Hubert Sumlin did it.

You would know that if you could take your head up from your ass and have some respect (at least for Hubert.)

- This was not a KEITH RICHARDS CONCERT - It´s a memorial for their dead friend !! You dumbass !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 16:38 by seitan.

Date: February 25, 2012 16:41

Point taken. Hey, I roll with the punches!

Date: February 25, 2012 16:47

tatters
As I said in the other thread, being able to actually play is not a requirement for a Rolling Stones guitarist. They can have a whole guitar army under the stage covering for him.

What a sad way to go out....

Date: February 25, 2012 16:50

Bill Wyman had enough self pride and integrity to bail out when he did!

Date: February 25, 2012 16:52

Gold Coast Slave Ship
Bill Wyman had enough self pride and integrity to bail out when he did!

No, actually he was too busy screwing a teenager.

Date: February 25, 2012 16:54

kowalski
Don't know if he can still play or not, but it looks like he doesn't want to play the guitar anymore. Let him just sing and hire Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton as deluxe replacements.

Actually, it would be great to see Jagger, Wyman, Watts, Taylor, Beck wouldn't it?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 25, 2012 16:56

SweetThing
tatters

What a sad way to go out....

Well, I think it's now clear why Keith is so willing to have Mick T and Bill W be a part of the tour. He needs them to fatten up the sound, and to mask the fact that he really isn't playing anything.

Date: February 25, 2012 16:57

SweetThing
kowalski

Actually, it would be great to see Jagger, Wyman, Watts, Taylor, Beck wouldn't it?

Possible band name:

Trainwreck

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home