Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Did Brian Jones help write "Eight Miles High"?
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 28, 2019 19:51

Came across this. Interesting premise. Did Brian inspire/help write other tunes?One can only wonder.

[twitter.com]

Re: Did Brian Jones help write "Eight Miles High"?
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 28, 2019 20:16

Bill wrote a lot of Byrds stuff after JJF was such a big Hit.
It gave him confidence.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 28, 2019 21:01

Just yesterday, David Crosby gave a couple replies on Twitter to this question.
Pretty clear he was not according to Croz.

[twitter.com]
"Just not quite true"

[twitter.com]
Poster: "What did Brian Jones have to do with it?"

Croz: "Nothing"

PS
Croz is pretty active on Twitter. He has responded to me a couple times over the years and is pretty candid when answering questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-28 21:24 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 28, 2019 21:09

Brian and Gene talked about stuff, Gene then wrote a song based on what they talked about.

"But Brian was always real friendly. So he and I and Michael started hanging out together. I remember we were up in the hotel room. We ordered dinner one night and we were all sitting there eating a coupla steaks, talking and having a couple of scotches, and we started talking about William Burroughs. And somehow I just got this idea - it came into my mind - I don't know how the conversation led to it or anything like that, but all I know is that I started scribbling down the poetry, y'know. And Brian said 'what're you doing?' And I said 'this' [he mimes showing him], and he looks at it and he reads a little bit of it, and he says 'that's pretty good, you ought to work on that!' And then, I think... I worked on it kinda in private for - gosh, maybe about two weeks or something - almost every night in the hotel or something like that.... But the original idea came, of course, out of Brian Jones, but he didn't know it. He never even got to know it. At the time he probably didn't halfway remember having the conversation, you know what I'm saying...?'"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-28 21:12 by His Majesty.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: March 28, 2019 23:51

MisterDDDD
Just yesterday, David Crosby gave a couple replies on Twitter to this question.
Pretty clear he was not according to Croz.

[twitter.com]
"Just not quite true"

[twitter.com]
Poster: "What did Brian Jones have to do with it?"

Croz: "Nothing"

PS
Croz is pretty active on Twitter. He has responded to me a couple times over the years and is pretty candid when answering questions.

Crosby and McGuinn are curmudgeons. It was Clark who brought it up years ago, though. If Roger knows more than what Clark said in public interviews, then he should give details.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2019 00:14

I seriously doubt David "If I Could Only Remember My Name" Crosby can remember anything past a couple of years ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home