Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Spiritualized last night
Date: March 24, 2019 13:45

Went and saw the opening show for Jason P. and Spiritualized's first US show on the tour. I have tried finding interest here for them at other times, but no one seems to like them too much here, LOL. Maybe His Majesty...
Incredible show; setlist consisted mainly of the new album with "Come Together", Oh Happy Day" and some of his earlier hits added. No choir, just 3 outstanding BU singers. Lightshow was hardcore.

Re: OT - Spiritualized last night
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 24, 2019 15:47

I've got four studio albums and one compilation of Spacemen 3 and the first five studio albums from Spiritualized. Quite recently, pretty much drawn out over time, because I also listen to albums by New Order (currently their latest four), Nick Cave (in his different bands) and Sonic Youth, I have started listening to those ten albums.

Much, much too early for me then to arrive at an assessment of Spacemen 3 outside of seeming to be quite interesting. Maybe somewhat different from what I may have expected, which could have been better, but I am not at all certain about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-24 15:49 by Witness.

Date: March 24, 2019 17:50

I'm happy to have gotten response to a Spiritualized thread. Spaceman 3 are very different from Spiritualized. That was when SonicBoom was partenered with JasonP. He went on to form Spectrum. In a way one could say that SonicBoom has stayed more true to their original intents. Hos stuff is also very good.
I can not imagine that anyone who loves Phil Spector, velvet Underground and Gospel music could not be swept up by "Let it All Come Down" and "Ladies & Gents" albums by Spiritualized.
Lupine Howl is another band that is very good and was borne from this whole group of people.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:00

i luv spiritualized & have seen them a few times. once with black rebel motorcycle club opening. that was a hell of a show!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:58

Going to see them here in Vancouver in a few weeks, glad to hear it was a good gig

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:39

Two of my best friends were in attendance. One spoke to Doggen. I wish I'd been there!

Posted by: JohnnySnapps ()
Date: March 24, 2019 23:34

A coworker gave me a couple of Spiritualized albums many years ago, which I really dug, although I didn't try and stay current with them. I was record shopping last week and bought their latest album and love it. Would love to see them live on the Boston date but The Claypool Lennon Delirium is also playing that night and I already have tickets for them. Oh well, next time I guess...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 25, 2019 00:06

Immense 'band', but I lost interest after Ladies and Gentlemen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 25, 2019 01:22

Great band and have seen them quite a few times with various lineups both with and without choir - from a dirty little club in L.A. to the Hollywood Bowl.
And like crholmstrom, also saw them with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opening back in 2001...while BRMC were louder than hell, Spiritualized were all around excellent and mesmerizing.
Have dug deep into the entire history surrounding Spaceman 3 and all of it's offshoots, and there's lots of good stuff to be enjoyed!

His Majesty
Immense 'band', but I lost interest after Ladies and Gentlemen.

They revisited that several years ago with a tour, and played it in it's entirety christening the brand new theater at the Ace Hotel in downtown L.A. - one of the more memorable shows I've seen by any band. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-25 01:25 by Hairball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home