Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Bernie Torme RIP
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 19, 2019 07:41

Read guitarist Bernie Torme passed away. I wasn't too familiar with his musical history other than I remember he took over on Ozzy's 82 tour when Randy Rhoads was tragically killed, ironically 37 years ago today on 3/19. He played with Ozzy on a handful of shows until I believe Brad Gillis took over.
He also played with Ian Gillan and Atomic Rooster. Anyone who played with Gillan and Ozzy must have been pretty good!

RIP Bernie.

Re: OT: Bernie Torme RIP
Date: March 19, 2019 14:34

he also did a great project in the late 80's called desperado with dee snider from twisted sister. the album was shelved at the last minute by the label but has since been released on indie labels. I think dee and Bernie wrote something like 30 songs for this album in a years time or less. about 20 of the songs have been released over the years, the actual album and some on other dee snider projects.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 19, 2019 14:36

Sadly, he got wrapped in the recent PledgeMusic debacle too...
RIP

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 19, 2019 14:39

DGA35
Read guitarist Bernie Torme passed away. I wasn't too familiar with his musical history other than I remember he took over on Ozzy's 82 tour when Randy Rhoads was tragically killed, ironically 37 years ago today on 3/19. He played with Ozzy on a handful of shows until I believe Brad Gillis took over.
He also played with Ian Gillan and Atomic Rooster. Anyone who played with Gillan and Ozzy must have been pretty good!

RIP Bernie.
That was my thought as well! I'm not familiar with his work, but he clearly must have had great chops. RIP.

Date: March 19, 2019 14:45

if anyone is a huge Bernie fan and wanted the list of songs from the desperado album project that have been released I can provide it. he only plays on the actual indie release of the album. the rest of what has come out are re-recorded versions of the songs but Bernie still has a writing credit on them. I just counted and I believe it is 23 original tunes that have been released plus 3 cover songs that were supposed to be part of this project.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home