Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Reading Half Marathon
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 11, 2019 11:28

Folks,

I'm running the Reading Half Marathon on 17th March 2019 for Cancer Research UK, a great charity, and also I've had family members no longer with us due to this disease, and also family members that have, thankfully, survived cancer. I think the stats are that at least 1 in 2 will have experience of this awful disease in their lifetime, or may have lost family members also from this.

I'm sorry if my previous Half Marathon posting on IORR was non-OT, as it was a bit late last night, and I probably wasn't all that with it.

Anyway, thus far I've already fundraised £100, and have also completed my first 10km event in 53 minutes. I'm 11 stone 3lbs, after shedding 6 stone in October 2017 for the MS Society, as part of a work fundraising scheme, but this is all very new to me.

My apologies in advance if I inconvenience Bjorn, the moderators, by placing this posting on IORR, and I hope he doesn't mind me asking.

Anyway, here goes, and thank you in anticipation:

[www.justgiving.com]

Half Marathon
Date: January 11, 2019 01:11

Hi, guys.

In 2017 I was 17.5 stone; I'm now 11.3 stone, and am super fit, possibly from following the commander, Mick Jagger.

I'm doing Reading Half Marathon in March 2019, and am wondering if any fellow IORRians would like to sponsor me. If I, inadvertently, break any rules by posting this, I apologise in advance.

Kind regards,

TC
[www.justgiving.com]

Re: Half Marathon
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 11, 2019 08:39

Good luck!

Date: January 11, 2019 09:42

You should specify in your post that the donations go to a great cause, Tom (and hurry up adding a «OT» in the subject line before Dirty Harry finds out) winking smiley

Good luck, and keep up the great work! thumbs up

Date: January 11, 2019 11:19

Yes, it is going to Cancer Research UK

Re: OT - Reading Half Marathon
Date: January 12, 2019 16:47

I think there's a couple of Iorrians that have sponsored me already - fantastic guys ! Gold rings on ya

Date: January 12, 2019 23:03

And someone's even referred to Before They Make Me Run on the page......hopefully, it won't be "Another goodbye to another good friend".

Date: March 17, 2019 19:24

Completed in 2 hrs 13 minutes, and 37 seconds, guys.

Thanks for sponsorships.

Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home