Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sonny Barger's book/Altamont
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: March 7, 2019 23:21

Anyone read where he says at Altamont he pulled a gun on Keith and ordered him to keep playing? My BS detector was dinging.

Re: Sonny Barger's book/Altamont
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 8, 2019 02:00

I've not seen the book, but I'm sure others on this board have. Is it his autobiography?

plexi

Date: March 8, 2019 03:12

According to Saul Austerlitz's book 'Just a Shot Away' it never happened.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 8, 2019 13:11

Yeah sure he did , as if the Stones actual security people would have allowed that to happen and I certainly know that the Angels were hired to provide venue security at the speedway but the Stones had to have had some of there own security people employed at the time . All I am saying is that I just find that such a self indulgent and over the top ludicrous bunch of bollocks !

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 8, 2019 14:18

Shott
Anyone read where he says at Altamont he pulled a gun on Keith and ordered him to keep playing? My BS detector was dinging.

Your BS detector is working well. thumbs up

Posted by: kristian ()
Date: March 8, 2019 21:04

The Stones had the great, late Tony Funches, who knocked down two angels simultaneously and broke his wrists, hence the white bandage as seen in Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: March 9, 2019 20:01

Sonny claims he pulled a gun on Keith.

Keith claims he pulled a knife on Trump.

I call BS on both.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: March 9, 2019 20:03

I suspect in both cases, they were probably just talking shit and showing off to their respective hangers-on, and the story evolved in their minds over time.

In both bases, there would be some legit corroboration, but there is none whatsoever.

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: March 10, 2019 00:40

Dear newsgroup, please forgive all typos in this post. From the great Stanley Booth, author of greatest off all Stones books, as I heard Bill Wyman say. The stones 1969 traveling security detail was dubbed by the author "the new york heavies" moonlighting members of the new york pd.

mick sang i got a smile on my face for every little girl i meet the slow blues did seem to cool things a little a huge angel with long blond hair brown suede vest no shirt blue jeans was standing behind gentle charlie patting his foot one giant hand resting on charlies white pullover the angel with his hand on charlies shoulder was being asked to step down off the stage by one of the new York heavies a red faced red haired beefy man dressed in the the light golf jacket uniform you could follow what they were saying by there gestures the cop told the angel to step down the angel shook his head the cop told him again and pushed him a little the cop had a cigarette in his mouth and took it out just plucked from between the cops lips like taking a rose from the mouth of the fair Carmen causing the cop to regard the angel with a sorrowful countenance it was only when two more men in golf jackets turned around and faced the angel with expressions equally dolorous that he went down the steps he came back a minute later but stayed near the rear of the stage dancing twitching like a frog attached to electrodes

There were eager-eyed boys and girls down front, Angels all round, tour guides trying to maintain positions between the Angels and the Stones. A New York City detective at Altamont was a long way off his beat. The expression on the cops faces said they didn't like this scene at all, but there not scared, just sorrowful eyed men who know trouble and know they are in the mist of allot of people asking for it. Against the stage, in the center of the crowd, a black cop with a mustache watched, his expression mournful, his white canvas golf-hat brim pulled down as if he were in a downpour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home