Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How much Money is enough to take at upcoming Stones Concerts ?
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 16, 2019 01:21

Depends on venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 01:28 by Chris Fountain.

Re: How much Money is enough to take at upcoming Stones Concerts ?
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 16, 2019 01:28

Chris Fountain
I'm taking $100 cash. I want to purchase two beers, a Stones t-shirt (make that two I'm married), and baseball type cap. I think there are ATMs or acceptance of debit cards at Miami venue if 100 bucks are not enough. I'm keeping parking as separate charges.

Chris, double that. think at least $40 for the shirt/hat, maybe more for the shirt depending on style. beer, $10-15. the tshirt vendor will take debit for sure, depending what kind of stand you go to so will the beer. the last stones show i saw in 2012, i ordered my shirts online. the lines usually are huge & brutal. took a real long time to get my order though.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 16, 2019 01:31

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
I'm taking $100 cash. I want to purchase two beers, a Stones t-shirt (make that two I'm married), and baseball type cap. I think there are ATMs or acceptance of debit cards at Miami venue if 100 bucks are not enough. I'm keeping parking as separate charges.

Chris, double that. think at least $40 for the shirt/hat, maybe more for the shirt depending on style. beer, $10-15. the tshirt vendor will take debit for sure, depending what kind of stand you go to so will the beer. the last stones show i saw in 2012, i ordered my shirts online. the lines usually are huge & brutal. took a real long time to get my order though.

Yea CR I actually deleted my post entry as there so many variables involved. I saw Van Morrison on AXS network, Van Morrison was playing in SF per 2018?. It was primarily jazz and top 40 hits were not played. Who is that accompanying female jazz vocalist - she is really good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 01:32 by Chris Fountain.

Date: February 16, 2019 02:13

I'm not sure what her name is but she was fantastic. The show I saw was a nice mix of old & new. much like Dylan, van does change up the old material with new arrangements. the band was great. really glad i got to go see him. who knows if i'll have another chance?

Date: February 16, 2019 02:19

Dana Masters

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 16, 2019 03:51

The Canadian Show is cashless, cards only. Maybe check your show to make sure they take cash

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 16, 2019 05:48

Not much. The stuff they sell at concerts is not that great, and quite expensive. Get a beer. If there's a decent poster for that particular gig, maybe.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 16, 2019 14:45

This is interesting. Here in Sweden they are talking about a totally cashless society in three years. There is soon very little left to pay with cash. You can't even park your car without a phone app these days.
Older people are complaining but banks (and politicians) don't give a damn about them. If the Stones were to play here you would have to bring your card or cell phone (swish).
Otherwise you could forget your beer, t-shirt or hot dog...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 16, 2019 15:03

$1000 concert....wtf......

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 16, 2019 17:20

Lots,hot dogs, beer, t-shirts,
caps are not cheap but better than UK. I will skip the beer, its insanely expensive, will go to pub instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 17:23 by babyblue.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 16, 2019 17:54

One Million Dollars

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 16, 2019 18:02

buy your t-shirt/swag online when they go on sale, and you don't need to worry about dragging it around with you.

we've paid for the lucky dips, booked our totally affordable bus from Vancouver to Seattle ($50 all in, Canadian, are you kidding me?) and hotel.

Come 'game day'...just food'n'booze.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 16, 2019 19:35

Recently its been very cheap to see the Stones, you can see the them on just about any budget if they are playing in a place near you.
Put it this way, I've paid more to see other acts last year.
Expect to pay between £50 to £300 for half decent tickets, it's the venues that rip you off though, food and drink sort of thing.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 16, 2019 22:25

Buy your t-shirts OUTSIDE the venue. They are about $20 and AWESOME! I usually load up AFTER the shows and they are different designs but I've been pleased with the selections. Funny thing, these guys are chased away by the police so they tend to be skittish!!

As for how much to bring in....I'm not a beer drinker but if you are, maybe about $150-200, to be safe....that includes parking, beer, shirts and food.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 17, 2019 06:10

mickschix
Buy your t-shirts OUTSIDE the venue. They are about $20 and AWESOME! I usually load up AFTER the shows and they are different designs but I've been pleased with the selections. Funny thing, these guys are chased away by the police so they tend to be skittish!!

As for how much to bring in....I'm not a beer drinker but if you are, maybe about $150-200, to be safe....that includes parking, beer, shirts and food.

I love me my bootleg shirts!

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: February 17, 2019 15:53

How much have you got? Bring cash and lots of it.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 17, 2019 23:35

Think of how much you will need...then double it and bring that along! You never know when you will see a Jacket you "must" have :-)

(At La Plata shows on the Ole Tour - we kept our cash in our shoes - it was the safest option)

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 18, 2019 11:13

Bring everything you got, the Stones will happily take it, no questions asked!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 18, 2019 12:04

I make a point of not taking any money.

they've had enough out of me for the ticket... without tempting me to buy a load of overpriced nonsense whilst I'm there grinning smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: February 18, 2019 12:30

gotdablouse
Bring everything you got, the Stones will happily take it, no questions asked!

Hahaha!! There's so much truth in this remark.grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 18, 2019 12:37

Spud
I make a point of not taking any money.

they've had enough out of me for the ticket... without tempting me to buy a load of overpriced nonsense whilst I'm there grinning smiley

Ditto. The last time I bought any merch was 2003. And I refuse to buy any of the grotesquely overpriced food and drink too. Can't remember the last time. The gig's enough for me.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 18, 2019 13:57

$35 per show. $15 for a bootleg shirt outside, $20 for beers inside!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 18, 2019 14:31

If your're not going to eat or drink don't bring any. If you are buying T Shirts food...$120

Date: February 18, 2019 14:45

More Hot Rocks
If your're not going to eat or drink don't bring any. If you are buying T Shirts food...$120

I eat a meal elsewhere before the show and take a bottle of water which I drink or discard immediately before security. I always take in a couple of packets of mints to maintain sugar levels. If I'm queueing all day, I take sandwiches, prepared salads and eat while I wait. I don't touch In Venue catering - usually poor quality and a complete rip off thumbs up.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 18, 2019 15:08

grzegorz67
More Hot Rocks

I eat a meal elsewhere before the show and take a bottle of water which I drink or discard immediately before security. I always take in a couple of packets of mints to maintain sugar levels. If I'm queueing all day, I take sandwiches, prepared salads and eat while I wait. I don't touch In Venue catering - usually poor quality and a complete rip off thumbs up.

Good advice all round ...and applies of course to any event or show...

..it's not just the Stones and their financial partners who want to bleed us all dry .

Date: February 19, 2019 01:48

Spud
grzegorz67
More Hot Rocks

Good advice all round ...and applies of course to any event or show...

..it's not just the Stones and their financial partners who want to bleed us all dry .

Indeed. I do the same at the football, where the catering is usually lamentable. Some of what’s on offer could be put back on its feet by a decent vet!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 19, 2019 02:07

Bring everything in the world that you can imagine

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 19, 2019 05:09

treaclefingers
buy your t-shirt/swag online when they go on sale, and you don't need to worry about dragging it around with you.

we've paid for the lucky dips, booked our totally affordable bus from Vancouver to Seattle ($50 all in, Canadian, are you kidding me?) and hotel.

Come 'game day'...just food'n'booze.

What bus...USA Greyhound?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 19, 2019 07:50

no need to buy merch at the show – just wait for special offers on RS.com…

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 19, 2019 10:45

Leave your credit cards behind. Don't bring them to the show. Just bring $20 or so, to pay for a beer, and taxi or bus back home.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home