Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Grrr! Outtakes?
Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 10, 2019 04:44

Hello all,
I have heard that there were some outtakes or some recorded sessions from the Grrr sessions. Were there more songs than just "Doom & Gloom"or "One More Shot"?

Re: Grrr! Outtakes?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 10, 2019 05:07

Mick brought a demo he thought everyone would go for, but they didn't. Don't know what it was called, but he alluded to it. Everyone responded to "Doom and Gloom" which he thought was the one they were less likely to go for. Other than that, I know they filmed in the studio playing "Jumpin' Jack Flash" when they were in New Jersey in May/June 2012. It wasn't intended for GRRR, it was supposed to conclude CROSSFIRE HURRICANE by showing them in 2012. Brett Morgen thought it was great (he filmed it), but they apparently decided it didn't work.

Date: February 10, 2019 05:43

Thanks Rocky!I'd love to hear the demos that no one liked.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 10, 2019 09:51

One More Shot solo version...i want it!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 10, 2019 10:18

KRiffhard

No.. I Need it for my fix.
jeroen

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 10, 2019 11:05

CJFP

I have heard that there were some outtakes or some recorded sessions from the Grrr sessions.

The Appendix Session List of [StonesSessions.com] says:

"6–8 December 2011 Snake Ranch Studios, London, England. Unknown tracks/Jam"
"29 April – 4 May 2012, Unknown Studio, New York & iiWii Studios, Weehawken, New Jersey, USA. Unknown tracks/Jam"

Similar entries on [NZentgraf.de] as well as [Aeppli.ch] .

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 10, 2019 11:10

KRiffhard
One More Shot is really bad,put IT on Keith,s soloalbum in stead

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 10, 2019 14:04

Irix
CJFP

I have heard that there were some outtakes or some recorded sessions from the Grrr sessions.

The Appendix Session List of [StonesSessions.com] says:

"6–8 December 2011 Snake Ranch Studios, London, England. Unknown tracks/Jam"
"29 April – 4 May 2012, Unknown Studio, New York & iiWii Studios, Weehawken, New Jersey, USA. Unknown tracks/Jam"

Similar entries on [NZentgraf.de] as well as [Aeppli.ch] .

Hmm, I am sure Snake Ranch studios closed way before 2011. Don't think this is correct

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 14:05 by Ket.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 10, 2019 14:42

one mo shott
give it all you gottt

perfect rock and roll lyrics.
the rest of it is good too

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 10, 2019 16:03

Rocky Dijon
Mick brought a demo he thought everyone would go for, but they didn't. Don't know what it was called, but he alluded to it. Everyone responded to "Doom and Gloom" which he thought was the one they were less likely to go for. Other than that, I know they filmed in the studio playing "Jumpin' Jack Flash" when they were in New Jersey in May/June 2012. It wasn't intended for GRRR, it was supposed to conclude CROSSFIRE HURRICANE by showing them in 2012. Brett Morgen thought it was great (he filmed it), but they apparently decided it didn't work.

Are you sure he actually brought that extra demo to Paris ? I do remember a quote in an article from 2012 with Mick saying that Don Was and his engineer had asked for demos ahead of the sessions and that they asked if he could send something else after hearing the first one. I don't remember if D&G was the second or third one he sent but he did say something like "I knew what they were after" or something like that.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 10, 2019 17:42

It wasn't in Paris, it was in New Jersey they ran through the demos and picked what they recorded later in the year in France. And yes, you're right that "Doom and Gloom" was apparently his third demo that they considered. As far as I know, "One More Shot" was the only track Keith offered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 17:43 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 10, 2019 19:34

ok by the sound of that interview in the fall of 2012 it seemed like Mick had been sending stuff to Don Was and his engineer as opposed to sitting down with them (or anyone else) and going over stuff. I'll have to see if I can track it down.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 10, 2019 19:48

That might well be the case, gotdablouse. Did they ever speak publicly about the New Jersey sessions, though? I know we knew they were happening, but I don't recall them being discussed. Obviously I'm not elaborating for a reason.

@Ket, it was Rattlesnake, not Snake Ranch. Easy mistake.

Date: February 10, 2019 21:18

I hope they can salvage some of these unused demos for the supposed new album!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 10, 2019 21:48

CJFP

Ye...and maybe the "new" album can be called 'Discarded'.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2019 22:01

jlowe
CJFP

Ye...and maybe the "new" album can be called 'Discarded'.

Or 'Recycled' which really isn't a bad thing.

It seems to be the case that sometimes tunes that have been neglected in the past, turn out to be great ones in the end!

Date: February 10, 2019 22:09

It's better than nothing!

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: February 10, 2019 23:01

Or is it?

Date: February 11, 2019 02:48

If there really are 25 or 26 tracks as contenders, at least half of them are being earmarked for later use. Keith and Don Was both wanted to revisit certain unrealized tracks. Mick tends to want to start fresh most of the time. Finishing up 5 or 6 songs is not an act of desperation, more like saying "we're at the end of the line, let's finish up these handful of songs that seemed to have promise." For all we know they'll end up part of a post-band compilation or a future deluxe edition.

Date: February 12, 2019 05:10

Personally, I think they will release the outtakes as part of a reissue of D & G and OMS. How about you all?

Date: February 12, 2019 09:34

CJFP
Personally, I think they will release the outtakes as part of a reissue of D & G and OMS. How about you all?

Hope not,and Doom and OMS should be forgotten asap
jeroen

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 12, 2019 15:17

I love D & G and OMS ...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 12, 2019 18:57

Rocky Dijon

I heard about that track, wasn't it a love ballad or something?

I think it was called Stained (The Sheets of Love)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 12, 2019 22:56

…. awwww cum on treacle that's completely below the belt …

ROCKMAN

Date: February 13, 2019 18:31

You know, I really enjoyed D&G and OMS. I think that it was a nice return from their weird pop attempts. Very dark, nitty-gritty, and bluesy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2019 14:50

Rockman
…. awwww cum on treacle that's completely below the belt …

then it would have featured nicely on the sticky fingers deluxe set.

Date: February 14, 2019 14:56

CJFP
You know, I really enjoyed D&G and OMS. I think that it was a nice return from their weird pop attempts. Very dark, nitty-gritty, and bluesy.

Dark?nitty gritty?? I am sorry but i dont share your views. They are utter shite imo.
Jeroen

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 14, 2019 15:47

runrudolph
CJFP

Dark?nitty gritty?? I am sorry but i dont share your views. They are utter shite imo.
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen! Hope you're fine. What happened to corriecas? Did I miss out anything?

d.f

Date: February 14, 2019 15:53

Hullo dead flowers. Yeah im good. What about you??got fed up with the name. Time for something new.
All rhe best.
Jeroen

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 15, 2019 11:30

Hi Jeroen! Nice to see there's no reason to worry and you're alright. I am ok myself, thank you. I hope we'll get to see the band over here in Europe soon again, maybe next year. Tot ziens - d.f

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home