Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith. Eileen, Boston.
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 6, 2019 22:36

It's so easy to forget that Keith could move and play like this, the comments below the video say it all.
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Keith. Eileen, Boston.
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 6, 2019 22:55

Sure, he's still in great shape here. Body language and all. And Waddy is rock solid.

(The drums are too profiled though. Annoying. And the bass too hidden in the back. Hard to distinguish really).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 23:56 by Stoneage.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: February 6, 2019 23:42

Keith didn't have to make a deal with the devil. He just stared him down, and took what he pleased.

Date: February 6, 2019 23:44

Stoneage
Sure, he's still in great shape here. Body language and all. And Waddy is rock solid.

(The drums are too profiled though. Annoying. And the base too hidden in the back. Hard to distinguish really).

I have this full bootleg concert from Jointrip at home and the mix is much better than this youtube clip, drums are lower in the mix, but we get the general atmosphere of Keith live during this period, it's rocking cool smiley
Will But You Won't
[www.youtube.com]
Running Too Deep
[www.youtube.com]
Something Else
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 00:23 by keithsman.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: February 7, 2019 00:31

I agree, I have always found Steve's drumming too much in front, both volume and tone...the secret weapon to all of this is Bobby's big full sax sound, it carries the sound and melody much more than the guitars.

I saw this tour from a front row seat in Frisco, what a night...opened with Izzy and closed with Keith.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2019 00:43

Yeah Steve's drums always way out front too much … BANG BANG!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 7, 2019 00:54

I love how Steve's drums sound here...of course, I'm a drummer, so they can never be too loud or sharp for my ears.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 7, 2019 00:58

Keith limberness has always amazed me...the way he could move so gracefully with a guitar, kick his leg up to face level, and drop down into a near split even his 50s or early 60s.

Just natural flexibility? Even in the '70s at the height of his addiction, he had good muscle tone in his chest and abs. His arms were always thin but his torso was pretty well-defined.

The guy's genes truly are remarkable.

Date: February 7, 2019 01:00

Ballet riffin' ………….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: February 7, 2019 02:23

That show is one of Keefs best performances. Love how the Winos made him play.

Date: February 7, 2019 03:07

At 3.30 mins into this interview from 88', Keith describes his way of looking at what his music meant to him and how he thought it was seen by the younger generation of upstarts, Keith saw the Stones as making history and showing the way forward with what he and Mick had created at that point, and how he didn't feel the need to follow trends.
Was he right to be so confident in that vision ?, he saw the Stones as cutting edge, even in hindsight we will never know, and how frustrated he sounds at that point in time with Micks completely opposite way of looking at what they had accomplished. Had Mick looked down the same telescope as Keith i wonder what might have happened to the glimmers on a creative level, had Mick not seen his own band as nostalgia and not try so forcibly to detach himself from it.
The irony is that Mick has been touring with the Stones as nothing but a nostalgia act for 30 years, and yet when Keith did tour solo the majority of his performances were showcasing his new material as apposed to the warhorses.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 7, 2019 03:15

The old MTV interview …… ^^^^^^^^

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 7, 2019 03:15

keithsman

The irony is that Mick and Keith have been touring with the Stones as nothing but a nostalgia act for 30 years, and yet when Keith did tour solo the majority of his performances were showcasing his new material as apposed to the warhorses.
[www.youtube.com]

Fixed it a little for you, keithsman cool smiley
(although still can't help but wonder if you missed a tour or three or six or.. in your assessment)

And Keith had solo warhorses??
Was unaware.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 7, 2019 07:56

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: February 7, 2019 09:07

MisterDDDD
keithsman

The irony is that Mick and Keith have been touring with the Stones as nothing but a nostalgia act for 30 years, and yet when Keith did tour solo the majority of his performances were showcasing his new material as apposed to the warhorses.
[www.youtube.com]

Fixed it a little for you, keithsman cool smiley
(although still can't help but wonder if you missed a tour or three or six or.. in your assessment)

Was unaware.

Well said.

Date: February 7, 2019 09:39

…………… whoops

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 10:10 by Rockman.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 7, 2019 11:58

Wow, great links. Thanks for posting.
A pity he didn't put more priority into his solo carreer. Imagine 10 albums instead of 3.
Anyway, I can't complain, I have been lucky enough to have seen him and the Winos
live once.

Date: February 7, 2019 12:38

MisterDDDD
Was unaware

Keithsman
You are so funny MisterDDDD, you forgot that the Stones songs are Micks AND Keith's Warhorses.

If you read my post as opposed to taking one sentence from it, as you often do ( click bait for seniors ) you might understand that when i refer to ''Keith's solo shows'', they only included one or two Stones Warhorses in them, ( Keith actually did go on a SOLO tour !! ) when Mick toured Japan solo, most of his set included STONES Warhorses, ( not solo material ). hope this helps.
Hopefully you are being sarcastic, but it was fun explaining it too you winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 14:05 by keithsman.

Date: February 7, 2019 12:52

matxil
Wow, great links. Thanks for posting.
A pity he didn't put more priority into his solo carreer. Imagine 10 albums instead of 3.
Anyway, I can't complain, I have been lucky enough to have seen him and the Winos
live once.

Yes i agree although I've only tired of the Stones since 2003, up to that point they made sense, but with age effecting Keith as the power house of the band, i'm surprised he didn't do more work with the Wino's, solo, and with various other musicians.
I would have liked to have seen his own version of Blue And Lonesome and also released all the songs he has covered from the Toronto sessions in 77' and the Longview Farm sessions in 81'
Funny thing about Keith, for all his love of nostalgia, he was, for two decades avant-guarde, it's a pity he, and especially Mick, started to look over their shoulders to see what everyone else was doing.

Bit of nostalgia from those Toronto sessions.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 13:10 by keithsman.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: February 7, 2019 23:30

his body flows with the music.

Saw Keith and the winos in Argentina in 1992, he played in a soccer stadium for more than 30.000 people, first time a Rolling Stone in Argentina, a dream come true.

Bye
Fernando

Date: February 8, 2019 11:50

Fernandobsas
his body flows with the music.

Saw Keith and the winos in Argentina in 1992, he played in a soccer stadium for more than 30.000 people, first time a Rolling Stone in Argentina, a dream come true.

Bye
Fernando

That must have been amazing, i think that particular Argentina gig is on youtube now somewhere, i saw the Wino's in London 92' dream come true also.
smileys with beer Cheers

Wino's in Argentina, Keith's first tour date of that tour, a little forgetful with the lyrics lol but still great.
[www.youtube.com]

Some more clips from 93' tour from Waddy's web page with great sound.
[www.waddywachtelinfo.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 12:37 by keithsman.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 8, 2019 20:55

Stoneage

(The drums are too profiled though. Annoying. And the bass too hidden in the back. Hard to distinguish really).

Incredibly annoying drummer. Charlie made the same comment, although more subtly.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 8, 2019 22:00

potus43
Stoneage

Incredibly annoying drummer. Charlie made the same comment, although more subtly.

Yes, Potus. And the bass is all over the place. They were probably looking for simplicity and crudeness. They got that but also an incoherent sound.
Like they weren't listening to each other. Which is a pity because Keith still got his chops in order here. And Waddy is solid.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 9, 2019 13:44

It is easy to forget that once Keith was able to make a real song like this and play and sing his heart out like this, without too much posing (plus having a great drummer, and not much to complain about the other band players either):

[www.youtube.com]

- Doxa

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 9, 2019 14:57

...never get tired of seeing that Keith Richards in 1972...

Date: February 9, 2019 19:40

Never get tired of seeing Keith in 72' 82' 92' 2002' etc etc etc

A forgotten gem
Locked Away
[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 10, 2019 00:18

Doxa
It is easy to forget that once Keith was able to make a real song like this and play and sing his heart out like this, without too much posing (plus having a great drummer, and not much to complain about the other band players either):

[www.youtube.com]

- Doxa

thumbs up

"Of all the rhythm guitar players Keef is my favorite" - Mike Tyson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 00:54 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: February 10, 2019 01:39

TheflyingDutchman
Doxa

[www.youtube.com]

- Doxa

thumbs up

"Of all the rhythm guitar players Keef is my favorite" - Mike Tyson.

Never seen Keith Rock Happy harder than this 8 mins 20 sec, he was a force of nature, there was no one like him in this form.
Happy
[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 12, 2019 00:19

Sorry if already posted, not heard this before. Outtake from Talk Is Cheap, Little Walter cover.
My Babe
[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home